We went to Sandals Grande for our honeymoon the week of September 30th and had an amazing time! This was our first stay at Sandals and we were both very impressed. I've stayed at other all-inclusives & Sandals is the best yet. I'm not sure why people complain about the ride from the airport to the resort. Yes, it's an hour & a half with some curvy roads, but it did not make us sick and you also get a tour of the island. Sandals has their own lounge with refreshments at the airport while you wait for your shuttle. I advise not to give your bags to anyone at the airport, the lounge is only a few steps away.
We had a standard honeymoon suite on the 2nd floor with a lagoon view, it was clean and quiet and close to the lobby. We were shown to the room & arrived to a bottle of champagne and flowers which was nice. We didn’t have alcohol stocked in the frig but we would just go to the bar and bring drinks back so that wasn’t a problem. The room was perfect for us.
We absolutely loved the food! We tried every restaurant at the Grande and enjoyed all of them. If you want a late lunch or afternoon snack go to Josephine’s for pizza or fresh crepes, delicious. Definitely do the beach bbq on Monday night, very good & many different choices! The drinks were good, but we wished they had more than 2 beer choices, the only 2 are Heineken and Piton.
We did the candlelight beach dinner one night. The food was delicious however I felt like our server was rushing us. (This was probably the only negative about the trip). I think because we had changed our night & were told 8:00. When we arrived our server said it was for 7:30 so I felt like she was rushing us through dinner. But we talked to others and their experience was different.
The beach was absolutely gorgeous! We always found chairs in both sun & shade. The water is crystal clear and very refreshing. The grounds are beautiful and kept very clean. The servers are great, will walk around & serve you drinks on the beach. The pool bar is fun and always has music playing. I do wish they played more island music though! We only did one excursion which was the Simon Says tour and would definitely recommend it. A fun boat ride tour of the island, snorkeling, mud bath, waterfall & good local island lunch. There is also plenty to do at the resort itself, or you can relax & do nothing. Staff are all very friendly and helpful.
All in all, we had an amazing honeymoon! We’d love to go back to St. Lucia someday and would like to try other Sandals now.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St Lucia
- Sandals Grande St Lucian
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.