“Taste of home” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Spice of India,currently rated as number one restaurant in St Lucia, is a sophisticated Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Rodney Bay. Owner and Restaurateur Chef Adil has travelled across the Atlantic Ocean creating scintillating dishes to satisfy the palates of eager patrons throughout the Caribbean. Along with his sous chefs, Chef Adil has brought the modern Indian style of cooking based on ancient tandoor techniques to Saint Lucia. Get a feel for India in the uniquely designed restaurant, and succumb to the wiles of fine dining.
“Taste of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I visited here after seeing the restaurant on our travels to and from our hotel.
Mr Govind Joshi was the perfect host understanding our needs and treating us like guests in his home. The food definitely reminded me if home each dish more enticing than the one before, including the masala chai. We will definitely be back as Mr Joshi and the staff left us with a beautiful memory of our time in St Lucia.

mister72, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Susankaur,

Many thanks for a great review of your experience here with us.I am glad that we made you feel at home. My country is known for its hospitality and my team does a great job of representing India at SOI. Thanks for acknowledging that.

London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

So we walked by this restaurant and were tempted in by the decor and middling prices, along with the recommendations. The decor was even more amazing inside and I have never had such impeccable service. We were treated like royalty-including the head chef (Chef Govind) making personalized recommendations! Everything from the poppadoms, to the drinks, through desert was just exquisite flavors-and although I choose dishes I'd had many times before-each dish was better. We will definitely be back many times! I was also very happy with the size of portions!

Dear Walnut,

Thanks for an amazing review of your visit with us at the restaurant.I am pleased to know that we treated you like royalty and you enjoyed all the aspects of SOI.

We cannot wait to see you again.

Plymouth
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Visited this restaurant on one of our lasts and wish we had visted sooner. The staff were very attentive and the customer service was excllent, the food was delicious, very different from what we have experienced in UK indian restaurants but a lot more authentic like how traditional indian food should be.

mister72, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. My aim here has always been to produce and serve the most authentic Indian cuisine like it is done back at home in India. I am pleased to know that you recognized that and left satisfied.

Chef Adil
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was located in Rodney Bay near our Hotel. We had dinner there one night and ended up going back twice in the same week. Service is excellent unlike many other Caribbean Restaurants. They also have a good lunch special! Go and enjoy! You will not regret it.

• Visited May 2013
Dear Nytaz66,

Thanks for visiting us twice during your stay and for the recommendations.

Warm regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Best food St. Lucia has to offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat here after our long flight into St. Lucia. This was the very first restaurant we ate at when we arrived. I had high expectations after I ate Spice of India, sad to say all of the other restaurants did not compare to Spice of India. This is the only place I would recommend anyone to eat while they are vacationing in St. Lucia. The staff and owner are very nice and welcoming.

Dear Shequanta,

Thanks for putting us on such high pedestal on the island when there are so many amazing restaurants.It is always pleasing to know that our product can make someone that happy and satisfied.

We will look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,