“Quiet and comfortable vacation” 5 of 5 stars

You added Augusta's Apartments to your Saves list
Augusta's Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Caye Mange, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Trinidad
“Quiet and comfortable vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you want a peaceful and quiet vacation with the comfort of a house and aren't afraid to drive in St Lucia, then Augustas Apartments is the place to stay.

I spent the Easter holidays at this great place and I was amazed that there was only 1 review prior to mine. This is NOT a hotel, this is a townhouse with two bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms (upstairs) and a fully equipped kitchen and living room (downstairs) with an outdoor plunge pool. The pictures on the website are accurate. If booked directly through their website (Great customer service and response via emails!), you may pay substantially less for an entire house as compared to even a 1 bedroom suite at a resort.

A rental car is recommended to get to the property and moving around St Lucia in general. I reside in the Caribbean, so driving on the left side of the road was not a problem. Roads were not perfect but as expected in the Caribbean but driving isn't difficult. I even drove to Dennery and found that the roads were recently paved. The property is fenced with a motorised gate so I always felt that the rental car was secure. One note: maps can be a little misleading but once you find your destination once, future commutes become easier.

The property is located in a residential area in proximity to Beausejour Cricket Ground which makes for an excellent cricket trip when the West Indies cricket team are in St Lucia. (Already thinking of return visit!) A 10 minute drive gets you to Rodney Bay Mall where great restaurants, shopping, grocery and nightlife are to be found. A little further gets you to either Rodney Bay or Renduit Beach.

I however preferred to stay a bit away from the heavy tourist areas and my solace was found at Augustas Apartments. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I did not hear any noise from the neighbours for my entire stay which made for a great night rest. The kitchen was well equipped with new appliances, pots, pans and utensils. Toiletries and bottled water were complimentary. I only wish the plunge pool was heated. Mosquitoes in the tropics can be a problem but the property had insect screens and once the rooms are sprayed daily, this was not a nuisance.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place for those who are looking for a really quiet and self contained vacation rental.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I went to St. Lucia to celebrate our honeymoon in Dec 2010. We spent the first half of our vacation at another hotel in the heart of the busy Gros Islet area but wanted to spend the second half in seclusion. I accidentally found this apartment online while looking for a place with a kitchen because my husband wanted to prepare meals for me. I could not pass on the special deal we were offered and book the apartment. Tip: It is better to book on their website.

The only problem we had was trying to find the apartment. The taxi had difficulty locating it. We had to stop multiple times to ask the locals for directions. I had an idea of the vicinity of its location because I used google maps. It sits on one of the hills in Gros Islet not far from the action at the bottom of the hill. Maybe some people would venture to walk but we did not. We were very happy to find out that public mini-buses stop right outside the gate to take you down the hill to the main road where you can connect to other mini-buses to Gros Islet (2 mins drive from the connection point). There you can find supermarkets, pharmacies, casino, shopping mall, multiple nightclubs and restaurants (fine dining, casual dining and fast foods) or you can take a longer drive into Castries to the local market.

If the website’s photos are appealing to you then you will be very happy spending your vacation there. It is exactly as the photos….clean with modern décor. It has all the amenities of the comfort of your home including washing machine, microwave, full size fridge and stove, dishes, comfortable bed, big screen TV and pool. The property is gated and has area for the little ones to run around. The Manager Vince is very friendly and helpful. There are rental vehicles available if you need one.

When a place is all round wonderful sometimes it is hard to convey that in a few paragraphs for others to understand. Even though each person is looking for something different in their accommodations, I think this apartment has enough of everything to make each one comfortable. Even though it is the tropics and the apartment is located in the hills, there were no flies, or mosquitoes to bother us. That made us very happy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Augusta's Apartments? Share your experiences!