“Great place! Nice coffee mugs!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
London, Canada
“Great place! Nice coffee mugs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This review is for April 2010. I agree with the reviewer below me, the best restaurant in Gros Islet. Great authentic atmosphere. Been there a few times. Once during the friday night Jump Up I had one too many Heinekens (or was it Pitons?) and I went back to this place asking if they could sober me up. They intended to give me coffee in a styrofoam cup but they ran out of these cups so they gave me a nice coffee mug instead. They weren't too worried about me not returning the cup, they were more concerned about me returning home safely. Sure enough I returned the cup and got home (or else I wouldn't be writing this review). The food is also excellent and the price is very reasonable.

• Visited April 2012

London, Ontario, Canada
“Gros Islet's Best Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

After having dined at Flavours of the Grill several times I can honestly say this is the best food/atmosphere that Gros Islet has to offer. If your looking for an authentic Caribbean meal or just a drink and some conversation Flavours of the Grill will not disappoint. Set back just off the main corner it is a good place to sit down and take in the ambiance of the Friday night jump up. For all those with allergies, my wife is gluten free and dining here is absolutely not a problem! Just inform the chef of your allergy or dietary need and they will be more than willing to cater to your needs. A restaurant that is not to be missed if you are in the north end of St. Lucia.

• Visited August 2012
London
“At last - an authentic Caribbean restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

A small, rustic, homely streetside bar/cafe (6-8 tables) with a deceptive short menu of modest dishes. But don't be dissuaded. Fish fingers are actually a stack of blue marlin strips in a spicy crisp coat - to die for. Chicken wings are a plateful of succulent wings in a spicy bbq 'jerk' - very tasty indeed. Plentiful for main courses, but were just starters. Then the steak kebab on rice was a spicy coated slab of good beef, huge bbq ribs were the best ever according to my daugher, and the grilled fish turned out to be a great hunk of perfectly grilled prime cut of dorado.

Excellent Caribbean food, very friendly service, and a real chilled atmosphere. All for about half the price of a comparible meal at the main Rodney Bya eateries.

If you get the chance, go. Even if you don't get the chance, still go.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampshire, England
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We discovered this restaurant on Trip advisor while we were looking for authentic, value for money food. There were 39 reviews - all excellent or very good. Too good to be true? No! We've had some meals ranging from awful to mediocre to very good, but we had the best meal last night at Flavours of the Grill. The food was absolutely delicious. No frills, no fuss - just good, honest, delicious food in an authentic setting. We were warmly welcomed and treated like old friends. I even ate the plantain which I'm not normally a fan of, but here it was cooked so beautifully in cinnamon. On offer last night was: salad, banana stew, rice, pork chops, chicken, swordfish kebabs and cinnamon plantain - all lovingly prepared. The owner quite shyly told us that he had discovered that his restaurant was #2 on the whole island - I can't understand why it's not #1! For 3 meals, 2 lime Daiquiri's, 5 Piton Beers & a bottle of water plus a big bowl of ice-cream for our daughter it cost $65 US. Excellent value. We will definitely make a return visit! You HAVE to try this gorgeous restaurant - I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Tranent, Scotland, United Kingdom
“The folk fi Scotland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We went to the Friday night jump up which was Amazing, we then stumbled upon this great little restaurant called Flavours of the grill. We had a few Pitons there the first night and got chatting to Danet who is a star. Then we found out that it was her husband to be that was the chef, so we promised them that we would come back the next night to sample some of the local cuisine. And thankfully we did go back, because we will remember this fantastic little restaurant forever. The food was top class, better than any restaurant we have been to in Scotland, and believe me we have been to a few! The food was unbelievably unexpensive, for the quality and also for the great couple who run this fantastic restaurant. Thanks Guys!

Visited July 2012