This place as others mentioned needs some upgrades and they are now doing so. Older hotel but right on the beach, acceptable pool and rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is good for any Rodney Bay activities and restaurants. Expect 1-2 hrs by car for activities on the west coast and 1 1/2 hrs to the airport. Bring a British plug adapter for this place otherwise have to charge devices at the front desk. Nice experience even though they were getting ready to close for low season and renovations from June 1- mid July 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by one of the most popular beaches in St Lucia and backed by charismatic Rodney Bay, the St Lucian by Rex Resorts has an unrivalled location on the Caribbean shore of this beautiful island. By day, the focus is on the stunning sandy beach where the glistening Caribbean waters tempt paddlers, swimmers and sporting enthusiasts from their sun-loungers. Enjoy international cuisine at the Mariners Restaurant which affords spectacular views across the sea. After dinner, experience the unique mix of local and cosmopolitan nightlife at a choice of atmospheric bars in Rodney Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, West Indies, Odigeo, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your St. Lucian by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Lucian By Rex Hotel Castries
- St Lucian Rex Resorts
- Rex St Lucian
- St. Lucian By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet