I was put off by a few reviews on here but they were unfounded. We (My husband and our 11 year old son) stayed 1st week in Feb 2013. Property is quite large if you include the Royal next door. We were upgraded from the Rex to the Royal - still for some unknown reason- Room was nice but we took the all inclusive food package and had to walk back to the Rex for meals and drinks, A bit incovienent but not too bad. The grounds are well maintained at the Royal and a bit tired at the Rex in the older part. But not so bad. The larger pool by the old part of the Rex is very nice and quite. Has own bartender. The bar by restuarant was quite busy and service a bit slow.
The beach is amazing. We did not have a problem with Cruise ship people. A few locals selling wares, but a polite no curbed it.
Very peaceful and quite. We had the snorkel place hook us up with a boat ride to Pigion Island- Very prompt and fair price. I would recommend Pigion Island. Only $5-6 US dollars to visit. Excellent views, and you can rent snorkel for $10 on the beach.
Grocery and restaurants within a 10 minute walk. We felt safe after dark too. Even a small casino.
If you do the all inclusive package - you can only eat Buffett- they had an oriental place but said it was booked 2 weeks in advance- no help there. I would do just breakfast again and walk to close restaurants.
Yes rooms are dated but I hear some are updated, but Location, Location, Location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by one of the most popular beaches in St Lucia and backed by charismatic Rodney Bay, the St Lucian by rex resorts has an unrivalled location on the Caribbean shore of this beautiful island. By day, the focus is on the stunning sandy beach where the glistening Caribbean waters tempt paddlers, swimmers and sporting enthusiasts from their sun-loungers. Enjoy international cuisine at the Mariners Restaurant which affords spectacular views across the sea. After dinner, experience the unique mix of local and cosmopolitan nightlife at a choice of atmospheric bars in Rodney Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your St. Lucian by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Lucian By Rex Hotel Castries
- St Lucian Rex Resorts
- Rex St Lucian
- St. Lucian By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet