This is a very well maintained resort with excellent rooms. We had a room near the pool which we could not fault, everything had been thought of including a kitchenette/extra dressing area. The beds were comfortable, great quality fittings and linen.
I can understand why this place has so many great reviews but we would probably not choose to stay here again. It is not really for us, although I can appreciate why the current clientele love it so much. If you like paper doilies then you will be in heaven! Just a few points really, like lack of table service when sunbathing ( a bit of a pain to get dressed to go to the bar - the beach bar was closed while we were there) also, bear in mind that low season there is a lot of maintenance work happening which is necessary but a chainsaw going for hours is not necessarily that relaxing.
Staff were friendly, especially Simeon who was great to chat to in the bar. Good location as near to Rodney Bay (great sailing with Just Sail here) but beach is small and not spectacular. Food was very good with good vegetarian choices daily and a choice of quality wine served with dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Winds Inn is a truly authentic Caribbean resort, situated on one of St. Lucia's most picturesque sandy bays. Located between the capitol of Castries and the action of Rodney Bay Marina, the resort offers unparalleled ambiance within its 13 acre botanical gardens and 30 cottage style rooms sprinkled throughout the property. Known for its excellent service, fine cuisine and genuine atmosphere, the resort appeals to those who value understated elegance and simple relaxation. Come experience the way the Caribbean once was - before large hotels and crowded beaches. East Winds Inn is a repeat award winner in many categories - over half our guests become repeat visitors to the small resort with a big heart. We are here for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet