My new husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon.
We arrived and were welcomed with the lovely cool towel and a rum punch. We were shown around and made to feel very welcome straight away.
The location is perfect and the beach feels very private.
Food was brilliant. Four course evening meals were great and lots of fish which we loved. Breakfast really sets you up for the day and once we found Paula's banana pancakes with sugar syrup we couldn't go back to anything else! Piles of fresh fruit were readily available too and very tasty.
There are a lot of resorts in St Lucia, there is only one that you can see from East Winds. Largely this was not a problem although be aware that they sometimes have a noisier night with loud music which is very audible. This was only on a couple of nights and did not affect the rest of the stay.
Water sports are nicely non-motorised which really helped to maintain a relaxing atmosphere. We went out on the hobbie-cat a few times. We also gave the glass bottomed board a go which is a good way to see the fish if you're not so fond of snorkelling. The kayaks are fun too. If you need any encouragement or teaching for the water sports then help is at hand!
Cocktails from the bar were very difficult to resist. Particularly good is the Mango Tango with fresh crushed mango in it. The virgin cocktails went down very well too.
I can't wait until we come back again....but we definitely will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Winds Inn is a truly authentic Caribbean resort, situated on one of St. Lucia's most picturesque sandy bays. Located between the capitol of Castries and the action of Rodney Bay Marina, the resort offers unparalleled ambiance within its 13 acre botanical gardens and 30 cottage style rooms sprinkled throughout the property. Known for its excellent service, fine cuisine and genuine atmosphere, the resort appeals to those who value understated elegance and simple relaxation. Come experience the way the Caribbean once was - before large hotels and crowded beaches. East Winds Inn is a repeat award winner in many categories - over half our guests become repeat visitors to the small resort with a big heart. We are here for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet