Having had a very sad 2013, we gave ourselves a chance to 'refresh' for 2014. East Winds was a superb choice - absolutely gorgeous, everything we needed. The staff were all brilliant, would like to give special thanks to the boatman (twin of the sea!) who took us out in the Hobby Cat, it was great!!!! The food was excellent and the staff all friendly, kind and helpful, our 'Delux room with air con' was great - and spectacularly cleaned every day, again thankyou! We went whale/dolphin watching, not to be missed. We have visited Antigua - nowhere near as nice as St. Lucia, there we found the people not so friendly or the scenery so beautiful! Very impressed with so many sunbeds everywhere - double the amount needed for the guests staying! Even though the resort was full when we were there, it felt half full and was so very peaceful, so much space surrounding all! One thing though in the delux appartments, make sure you put on the light when going to the bathroom in the dark - half asleep, it is very easy to fall into the sunken shower/bath - which I did! Rectified the problem by leaving light on all night!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Winds Inn is a truly authentic Caribbean resort, situated on one of St. Lucia's most picturesque sandy bays. Located between the capitol of Castries and the action of Rodney Bay Marina, the resort offers unparalleled ambiance within its 13 acre botanical gardens and 30 cottage style rooms sprinkled throughout the property. Known for its excellent service, fine cuisine and genuine atmosphere, the resort appeals to those who value understated elegance and simple relaxation. Come experience the way the Caribbean once was - before large hotels and crowded beaches. East Winds Inn is a repeat award winner in many categories - over half our guests become repeat visitors to the small resort with a big heart. We are here for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet