East Winds Review
This was our 4th stay at East Winds. It had been good before but, this time, was absolutely fabulous. What makes this resort so special is the superb management by Gareth Leach and the incredibly well- trained and amazing staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them. It would be a "Mission Impossible" for me to lick out any one member this time. they are all stars. Their personalities blend to make the perfect blend of unobtrusive service combined with a genuine friendliness and warmth that makes this resort "sing"!
I really enjoyed getting up early and swimming in the sea before St Lucia wakes up. The tranquility at 6am is something unique and magical. The birds at the resort are amazingly bold and a joy to watch., our hut 14 was great and the extra fan helpfully provided helped to circulate the air providing a cooling breeze across the bed.
The only criticism I did have was cigarette smoke coming from the adjacent hut patio. The couple were very nice and I suppose this was the only area they had to do this but it spoilt sitting out in the evening on kur own patio for me.
The food came in for some criticism from some of the repeat guests but personally I thought that Tomaslav and his team were innovative and creative. I really looked forward to the four course menu each night. Sometimes I would have an extra starter rather than a main course and the restaurant duly obliged. Both my husband and I are very fussy when it comes to fish. He likes it practically flapping and I like it on the rare side. Previously it has been overcooked. Not this time. The kitchen was spot on each time. Very impressive. I miss the breakfast galettes though.
One night there was a big thunderstorm and the guest pianist failed to show. My husband, also a pianist, has special permission to play the beautiful Steinway Grande and often did so after dinner. He had and a wonderful time playing two sets during a thunderstorm. Definitely a dream fulfilled for him.
As for me? This time EW and St Lucia really got to me. I really did not want to leave as I was so relaxed. We are definitely going back for a fifth visit in one of the most unspoilt, laid back quality places I know...I can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Winds Inn is a truly authentic Caribbean resort, situated on one of St. Lucia's most picturesque sandy bays. Located between the capitol of Castries and the action of Rodney Bay Marina, the resort offers unparalleled ambiance within its 13 acre botanical gardens and 30 cottage style rooms sprinkled throughout the property. Known for its excellent service, fine cuisine and genuine atmosphere, the resort appeals to those who value understated elegance and simple relaxation. Come experience the way the Caribbean once was - before large hotels and crowded beaches. East Winds Inn is a repeat award winner in many categories - over half our guests become repeat visitors to the small resort with a big heart. We are here for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet