My wife and I recently spent the second part of our honeymoon at East Winds in towards the latter part of June 2013.
Before visiting I read some great reviews and was very excited to be staying at such a highly regarded establishment.
I must say the whole stay lived up to my high expectations and I can see why the hotel receives so many repeat customers.
The location is very secluded, with a small and generally quiet and well maintained beach area leading into the Caribbean Sea.
However Rodney Bay, Gros Islet and Castries are only a short taxi ride away.There are also a range of tours to go further afield if you are feeling adventurous.
The rooms are clean and well furnished with decent size bathrooms and great balcony areas (we stayed in one of the sea view rooms), the beds are also very comfortable.
The pool area is clean and tidy and there are always plenty of sun loungers, the swim up help yourself cocktail bar is also fantastic and very well stocked (!)
There is only one restaurant but that is not an issue as the food is exceptional, ample breakfast with cereals, toast, fried breakfast, omelette, pancakes, fruit, yoghurts and most importantly, amazing coffee!
Lunch is a similarly excellent buffet, with the odd BBQ thrown in and in the evenings a 4 course ala carte menu with 4 options for each course.
The quality of the evening meal was fantastic and by far and away the best quality food we have experienced on a break of this type.
There is also a great selection of wines and champagnes and they guys behind the bar (Titus is a legend) will pretty much make you anything you want, including a Hummingbird Cocktail which is a must!
The facilities at East Winds are great and just what you would want from an intimate and relaxing holiday in the Caribbean.
However what makes the stay memorable is this in combination with the staff, they are very genuine without being invasive, they really did strike a great balance between being friendly and attentive and enhanced our already excellent experience.
On the basis of our stay I would strongly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, West Indies, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet