We arrived at East Winds Inn on Christmas Day in the evening & we stayed 10 blissful nights there, departing January 4th . We had been evacuated from another Island because of a sudden fire & were quite literally almost “refugees.” Gareth the GM saved our Christmas & we were most fortunate to find “room at the Inn”. From the moment we stepped onto this property we knew we were somewhere very special & quite unique, it was like stepping into the past. We were greeted with warm smiles, cold towels, rum punches & champagne.
There was a most genuine sense of hospitality & Gareth the GM of over 20 years I believe, was just incredible. We were taken to rooms 24, 25 & 26 on the hillside. Our rooms were beautiful complete with Italian linens, Frette robe. Our cottage was just perfect, we were very happy . Lots of built in closets & ample space for all your belongings . The bathrooms are very well appointed with a sunken indoor /outdoor shower. The “Sea-kelp” bath products were top of the line & a great hair dryer to boot !!!. Our room had a very pretty patio complete with outdoor fridge, complete with tea & coffee making facilities, the fridge was well stocked daily. I just love sparkling water & they happily restocked our fridge daily ! The gardens are very pretty & lush, they are very well maintained & a huge variety of flora & fauna abound.
Everything about this resort is really so elegant & thoughtful. The food.......... Well, it’s just incredible . Gareth even has “real” imported English Stilton , rare delights such as Italian Panettone ...............in the Caribbean .............“yes “really. The daily menu created by Chef Tomislav, was varied, delicious & beautifully paired with a wide selection of wines. Breakfast each morning was made to order by Paula , nothing was too much trouble for Paula & her team: Espresso , Lattes , Cappuccino , pots of steaming English breakfast teas, eggs any way you desire, fresh baked croissants, pancakes & waffles. They even offered daily health drinks for the guests to try with fun names like "kick start"! The fish is delivered fresh off the boat from the beach & the food is quite amazingly all organic & local!
We have travelled extensively in the Caribbean & East Winds Inn is indeed a hidden gem . It is small & intimate yet it has everything you will need & much more. Most of the clientele are return guests & this speaks volumes for the property. With the incredible cuisine we had to do something, so the complimentary classes offered were a Godsend . We took mat Pilates in a beautiful tranquil, almost Balinese inspired open air pavilion, Nikita our beautiful energetic instructor was amazing & made the class so much fun. We also took the excellent “Iyengar” yoga classes which we all enjoyed & we did hike the fitness trail around the property which is great fun & offers just the right degree of a challenge, after all we are on vacation !!!.
On New Year’s Eve the hotel goes all out . They have a stunning fireworks display on the beach which is just quite simply “knockout". It so much fun here on New Year's Eve, it is like one big family party with old friends & new.
Gareth is just an incredible GM, he is so attentive to his guests . He greeted us every day making sure our every need was taken care off. Chef Tomislav & his team constantly asked us if we were happy with our meals. The staff here at East Winds Inn genuinely take a huge pride in their work, they have mostly all been there for years. East Winds Inn is quite simply one of the best properties we have ever had the pleasure of staying at & we have been traveling to the Caribbean for the past twenty plus years.
We can’t wait to return. It is perfection all the way. We had arrived in a somewhat traumatized state but East Winds Inn worked its unique “magic “& we did relax , Christmas was saved .
East Wind Inn is an all inclusive boutique resort, quite simply it is almost impossible to find this high standard of "old world "elegance, hospitality or high standards anywhere in the Caribbean.
Thank you Gareth & East Winds Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Winds Inn is a truly authentic Caribbean resort, situated on one of St. Lucia's most picturesque sandy bays. Located between the capitol of Castries and the action of Rodney Bay Marina, the resort offers unparalleled ambiance within its 13 acre botanical gardens and 30 cottage style rooms sprinkled throughout the property. Known for its excellent service, fine cuisine and genuine atmosphere, the resort appeals to those who value understated elegance and simple relaxation. Come experience the way the Caribbean once was - before large hotels and crowded beaches. East Winds Inn is a repeat award winner in many categories - over half our guests become repeat visitors to the small resort with a big heart. We are here for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet