Where did i leave my waistline?
We spent one amazing week at East Winds. This was our second stay there and even better second time around.
East Winds is a quiet, beautifully maintained place with lovely gardens. The food is definitely better than last year with great fish, varied lunch buffets and a very good evening menu. Dinner each evening was a real pleasure and it was hard to choose from the choices available.
We invited a french chef and his wife for dinner the day duck was on the menu and he was very impressed with the food.
At the beginning of the holiday we had three days of bad weather but the eclectic mix of guests got together for games, ping pong etc. The guests ranged from young honeymooners to groups of friends, some of whom had been to EW 15 times! What was lovely was that people were really friendly and there was no sign of the snobbiness that some reviews mentioned previously.
Our room was beautifully cleaned. Even with the airconditioning it got hot. I asked for a floor fan and one arrived in minutes. This saved the holiday for me and i slept really well.
The staff are wonderful, "invisible" when you dont need them and magically appearing when ones glass is empty. They are very professional and there was none of the attitude you sometimes get in other places.
This time the hobiecats were operating and a big thank you to Kim for his patience in teaching me how to sail in strong wind conditions! We had great fun. The hobiecats were very popular amongst the guests.
The steinway sounded in good condition and I enjoyed all the music played.
Finally, i have to congratulate Gareth Leach on a superbly run resort. He was away until the end of the week and the resort ran like clockwork. This is often not the case when a General Manager is away.
We will definitely be back to celebrate our 25th anniversary next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Winds Inn is a truly authentic Caribbean resort, situated on one of St. Lucia's most picturesque sandy bays. Located between the capitol of Castries and the action of Rodney Bay Marina, the resort offers unparalleled ambiance within its 13 acre botanical gardens and 30 cottage style rooms sprinkled throughout the property. Known for its excellent service, fine cuisine and genuine atmosphere, the resort appeals to those who value understated elegance and simple relaxation. Come experience the way the Caribbean once was - before large hotels and crowded beaches. East Winds Inn is a repeat award winner in many categories - over half our guests become repeat visitors to the small resort with a big heart. We are here for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your East Winds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet