“Classy boutique feel hotel on beach” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Reduit Beach, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
“Classy boutique feel hotel on beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This recently refurbished hotel now boasts an updated gym, a bright and airy reception, a lovely pool area and security monitored beach access to a lovely quiet clean beach. The biggest improvement are the rooms (actually all suites) which were quite tired on my last visit but have now been upgraded to a classy contemporary style. Free wifi is useful and the sister hotel next door has a lovely raised deck outlook into the beach which is my preferred place for a very extensive buffet style breakfast. The hotel is relatively small so gas a personal boutique feel to it. Well done Rex resorts

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I visited for the first and it was great. We upgraded to a suite upon arrival with a patio and a spectacular beach/ocean view. The room was very nice but we did visit a few other rooms and found that they would have done very nicely. The buffet breakfast every morning was a real treat. in short the staff, pool and the beach were outstanding. We will look forward to return visit.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerRoya, General Manager at Royal by Rex Resorts, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for posting your comments.

It was a pleasure to have had you both stay with us for the first time and we look forward to your return visit.

Christ Church Parish, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent four nights in Royal by Rex beginning on Easter Sunday. This was a business trip which means that I spent a great deal of my time at the hotel (the meeting location was next door) in my room working or on the grounds of the property.

I could not have been more pleasantly surprised when I arrived and the door to my suite was opened. The recent renovation of the Royal is absolutely stunning. The room design is very clever and the star is without doubt the bathroom. Fitted with a huge whirlpool tub AND a separate shower with the largest rainfall showerhead I have ever seen, wall spray nozzles and a hand held showerhead, the bathroom also feature two stylish sinks.

The pool area is gorgeous, and my ground floor room and patio led right onto the pool deck with the beach only steps away.

What made this hotel special though was the staff. I did not encounter one staff member who did not have a smile and greeting, whether they were maintenance, housekeeping, front desk or restaurant staff.

The ONLY thing that kept this visit from rating five stars was the same thing that I liked so much - the shower. Its design and construction leads to very easy "flooding" of the bathroom floor. And figuring out the temperature settings can be tricky. But those issues were pretty minor!

Love this hotel and I will return when not on business.

Room Tip: Ground floor!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
We were delighted to hear about your positive experiences during your recent business trip to St Lucia.
Our new renovated suites ,and as you have mentioned ,our bathroom features certainly have been a hit with our guests especially the 20 “ rain shower.
I have however noted your other comments on the shower and will certainly give this priority.
We look forward to your next “non business” trip when you will have more time to enjoy all that St Lucia and the Royal have to offer.

Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I have returned to the Royal for the third time in four years. Our stay was once again very nice. The ocean view room was beautiful. The pool and beach were great. Every morning we enjoyed the buffet breakfast at the hotel dining room right next to the water. The staff once again went above and beyond making our stay so pleasant. We look forward to a return visit.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear David and Debi

It was great to have had you stay with us for the third time and that you enjoyed your ocean view suite and the buffet breakfast and of course our wonderful staff.

Looking forward to seeing you both again next year

Ringwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was lucky enough to get 3 days here recently.

The hotel is situated on a fabulous beach with lots of pool loungers and swim up bar.
The room we had was very dated and we had to change as the shower would not turn off.The next room was not much better as the toilet flush / handle was hidden underneath the marble work top so was impossible to flush !!.
Other rooms we heard had been updated but its a shame as such a lovely location and hotel being let down by very dated rooms that could easily be fixed by a decent plumber.
Good Wifi and decent balconies overlooking the bay and beaches.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
GeneralManagerRoya, General Manager at Royal by Rex Resorts, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for posting your review on your stay .I note that you found the beach stunning and fabulous as well as the pool loungers and swim up bar.
The experience in your room with the plumbing was most unfortunate. Please accept our apologies.
All of our suites have been renovated except for those contracted to a well known airline .I can only assume from the description of your room that you were either a crew member or their guest.
Looking forward to meeting you on your next stay

Best Wishes

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for 5 nights and can't wait to return. This is a place that strives to get it right. At checkin, they saw we had our 2 children with us and asked us to wait while they arranged the room with 2 rollaway a for them. They had the room setup beautifully with flowers on all beds. Daily service included a nighttime refresh where a small snack of cookies and cake were left. The staff was fantastic. No request was unanswered. Staff remembered our names and always asked whether we had fun on some adventure we had told them we were undertaking. Each day we saw staff working to make the resort perfect. A special note to Franklin who helped from the moment we arrived with our luggage and a welcome drink and was the person my kids looked for each day to say hi! Thanks to all for a great stay.

Stayed April 2015
We are delighted to know that you had a great vacation with us.
It is noted that you especially enjoyed our flowers decorating the bed and our turn down service at nights.
We hope that you will decide to return again soon and thank you for choosing the Royal

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at The Royal for 2 weeks at the beginning of March 2015. We were looking for 2 weeks of relaxation, eating good food and enjoying some sunshine.

As we pulled up to the hotel in our transfer I was surprised to see the cabin crew from Virgin Atlantic also in the reception! First impressions of the hotel were that it was clean and tidy (although the carpet at the front desk could do with replacing - told you I was fussy!). Soon after we were greeted by Franklin! Wow! What a guy, I soon forgot about the carpet and started to enjoy the friendly welcome and introduction to the hotel and short walk to our room. Franklin gave us an extremely thorough tour of our suite and advised us where all other hotel amenities were should we need them. I should also note now that every time we caught Franklins eye (either at the hotel or walking round Rodney bay!) he was extremely present to talk to - a real asset to the hotel.

First impressions of the room were generally very good although, as I said, I'm a perfectionist and must admit they could do with some attention to detail with finishes in the room. Here comes the fussy bit...... The balcony doors were difficult to lock ( you get used to the knack!), the safe was not secured in the cupboard (although security was never an issue, in fact, our maid came to find me one day to let me know we had left it open - another asset to the hotel, I've never known honesty like that before, I forget her name but what a lovely lady!), the a/c outside out room did leak but this was soon sorted with a quick chat at reception, the TV didn't work to begin with and then when it did we couldn't get all channels - although we decided at the end of the holiday this was actually a blessing! The shower was wonderful, in fact the biggest most amazing shower I've ever seen, but why not fill in around the gaps to finish it off nicely rather than leave it!? I think the beds (which are huge!) could maybe do with some kind of topper on them to stop the springs digging into your ribs too! Cleaning teams did a fabulous job of keeping our room clean and tidy and supplied many towels of all shapes and sizes! I must just also mention Bernard, what a lovely, kind, gentleman who was genuinely interested in how we were an wanted to make sure we were having a lovely time - defiantly one in a million!

Moving on to the pool area where I spent most of my time! Once again, a beautiful setting, very clean but why not replace those few tiles that have come unstuck on the pool seating? And the sand in the pool around the seats too!? And please talk to the 'pool towel nazi'!!!! These are the ONLY small parts letting this lovely area down - told you I'm fussy! Now onto the BEST bits!!! All I need to say is: TROY and DEXTER made our holiday! They turn this hotel from a 4* to a 5*! The service, banter, friendliness, everything! Two fab people that are I have to admit part of a great team! I don't drink alcohol and they both spent ages thinking of a special cocktail with no alcohol just for me!! Seriously, I can't thank these guys enough for making our holiday extra special and full of laughs! When we come back, it will be to see these guys!

Food wise, we were on a room only basis which suits us as half the time I'm too lazy to get out of bed. Breakfast was very comprehensive and once again service with a smile! Eggs cooked exactly to my liking (when I did get out of bed!). We enjoyed dinner out every night apart from the one night when we had the beach BBQ which was good. Eating out (as with everything in St Lucia) is expensive but apart from one dodgy pudding in an outside steak restaurant every other meal I had outside was amazing!

The location of the hotel is great. Right on the beach (which is often very busy with the cruise ship passengers!) and walking distance to all the main restaurants. We got a taxi once to Castries market which was ok, 20 minutes away or so and about $20 US from what I remember. Hubby did some scuba diving with Scuba Steve and thoroughly enjoyed that too!

Conclusion! If you want a thoroughly relaxing holiday, to be made feel really special, eat wonderful food, stay in a nice hotel, be near a very nice beach and watch some amazing sunsets, sign yourself up for some time here! You won't be disappointed and I'm sure Troy (The Master-blaster of interviewing!) and the lovely Dexter will make sure you don't worry - about a thing!!! All the little issues above all seem totally irrelevant when you meet people like these guys. They really made it special and both hubby and I sincerely thank you both and the rest of the Royal team for making our holiday one we will never ever forget for all the right reasons!!

Ps: Hope 'Royal' is ok with her babies!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for posting such a comprehensive revue on your stay with us at the Royal in March.
Your observations and comments are much appreciated and will only help us to improve on our services.
I have passed on your comments to Troy, Franklyn Dexter and Bernard.
We are indeed very proud of all of our staff and I know they will appreciate hearing this from you personally.
Again many thanks and we sincerely hope that you will decide to come back and stay with us in the not too distant future.

Richard Michelin

Been to Royal by Rex Resorts? Share your experiences!