On arrival we were greeted with a rum punch (always a good start). The hotel is immaculate and well located. Our room was well laid out with great views out to the pool & beach. One slight annoyance was the toilet and shower door were shared using a sliding frosted glass door (not very private) & when pulled to the toilet side did not stay shut, the bathroom does not have a door but leads directly into the bedroom.
With regard to the hotel facilities, the spa is definitely worth a visit, we had reflexology & Swedish massage which really helped us relax into our holiday.
As we arrived at the end of season the hotel was particularly quiet, not many holiday makers. It is worth noting though that this hotel is used frequently by the Virgin Atlantic cabin crew, who are particular noticeable around Happy Hour time.
The fine dining in Chic (restaurant) is good for a treat but do check that there are no events happening. The hotel often has conferences, parties and external events happening which may mean you have limited access to some of the bars/restaurants.
The surrounding bars/restaurants in Rodney Bar are worth checking out - Buzz is excellent, especially when Barman Mervyn is there. Delirius is great for late night cocktails. A hidden gem is the steak house by the shopping mall, delicious steaks & cocktails.
I would also recommend hiring a car & driver (we ordered this onsite at the Lucian hotel). A little more expensive than the organized tours but you definitely get to do a lot more & the things you would like to do.
When on the beach or eating at the beach hut, you may be approached by sellers, a polite 'No' is all that is needed and they will leave you alone.
All in all a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday in a picture perfect location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed as one of the best in St Lucia, the spectacular mile-long Reduit Beach fronts this all-suite hotel while, with a backdrop of rainforest covered hills, atmospheric Rodney Bay is reached within a few moments stroll. Standing in beautifully manicured grounds, the hotel offers an elegant blend of privacy and sophistication. Beneath palm-frond parasols, elegant furnishings allow for lazy days on the sandy beach or relax instead by the large lagoon-style swimming pool shaded by palm trees. The Royal Spa offers an enticing variety of treatments ranging from a reviving jet-lag busting massage to sensual aromatherapy and body care while, for the more energetic, the fully-equipped fitness room is available free to our guests. A delicious full buffet breakfast is included at L'Epicure, an elegant al fresco restaurant next to the beach which also offers tantalising a-la-carte dinner choices. Fine dining experiences can be enjoyed at Chic in the evening while, cooled by gentle sea breezes, the Beach Tent is a perfect venue for lunch. Perhaps enjoy a cocktail at the charming Minstrals Lounge before visiting the elegant Oriental restaurant (seasonal) or Mariners buffet, located at the adjacent St Lucian by rex resorts, or strolling in to town to experience the local ambience. Children are welcomed at the Royal and can enjoy the childrens club available on weekdays at set times at our neighbouring hotel while everyone can benefit from the wide range of activities accessible locally including water sports, horse riding, golf and exhilarating tours to explore the natural beauty of St Lucia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal By Rex Hotel Castries
- Royal By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Royal St Lucian