You can not beat Royal by Rex's location right in the middle of Rodney Bay and a convenient beach access. You are literally a few steps from the beach and have access to nice beach chairs and shades. To me that is what was most important and we got what we hoped for. Other pluses of the resort include great selection of fruits at breakfast, themed dinners (we enjoyed a nice Caribbean dinner nigh very much), fully updated rooms with rain shower, and general proximity to all - nice restaurants, Rodney Bay mall, and the island's capital, Castries.
Minuses are a few and we already addressed them to the hotel's staff, but I'll mention them briefly here: if you room rate does not include daily breakfast, ensure you are made aware of breakfast options and costs (continental breakfast and full breakfast are different and cost differently, and your in-room documentation does not specify that). Also, the noise made by the old air conditioning system is rather loud. We turned our AC off and slept with a balcony room open, but if a breeze is not sufficient for you, you may have to learn to fall asleep with a lot of noise around you.
Lastly, the biggest "plus" of the resort is it's friendly and most helpful staff. Ms. Johnny at the reception was absolutely wonderful, and everyone else with whom we interacted was a delight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed as one of the best in St Lucia, the spectacular mile-long Reduit Beach fronts this all-suite hotel while, with a backdrop of rainforest covered hills, atmospheric Rodney Bay is reached within a few moments stroll. Standing in beautifully manicured grounds, the hotel offers an elegant blend of privacy and sophistication. Beneath palm-frond parasols, elegant furnishings allow for lazy days on the sandy beach or relax instead by the large lagoon-style swimming pool shaded by palm trees. The Royal Spa offers an enticing variety of treatments ranging from a reviving jet-lag busting massage to sensual aromatherapy and body care while, for the more energetic, the fully-equipped fitness room is available free to our guests. A delicious full buffet breakfast is included at L'Epicure, an elegant al fresco restaurant next to the beach which also offers tantalising a-la-carte dinner choices. Fine dining experiences can be enjoyed at Chic in the evening while, cooled by gentle sea breezes, the Beach Tent is a perfect venue for lunch. Perhaps enjoy a cocktail at the charming Minstrals Lounge before visiting the elegant Oriental restaurant (seasonal) or Mariners buffet, located at the adjacent St Lucian by rex resorts, or strolling in to town to experience the local ambience. Children are welcomed at the Royal and can enjoy the childrens club available on weekdays at set times at our neighbouring hotel while everyone can benefit from the wide range of activities accessible locally including water sports, horse riding, golf and exhilarating tours to explore the natural beauty of St Lucia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Despegar.com, Regatta Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal By Rex Hotel Castries
- Royal By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Royal St Lucian