Travelers should note the following:
1) 1.5hr drive from UVF airport
2) Part of the pool is curerntly under contruction. Everything about the pool setting was perfect...the chairs are super comfy, nice umbrellas, etc...BUT it is pretty hard to relax when you hear power tools and hammering/banging going on basically most of the day from every spot of the pool deck. Would have much appreciated to know the pool was under construction before I booked.
3) The AC in our room wasn't working properly so we had to have maintenance fix it. After being told it was fixed, the temp in our room did not really improve much. Sleeping was a bit uncomfortable because of this.
4) Beware of the beach hagglers...literally every 5-10 minutes we had someone coming up and trying to talk to us and sell something. We were there to relax and not be bothered. So, if this sort of thing bothers you be prepared to stay at the pool all day. (We were told by a local that there are no private beaches in St. Lucia so it is likely that this goes on at most locations.)
5) The staff was super nice and friendly. No issues at all they were all great!
6) Great location. With a 5-10 min walk you can get to a great cafe and a few of the highly rated hotels in the area so that was extremely convenient.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel and Regatta Hotels so you can book your Royal by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal By Rex Hotel Castries
- Royal By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Royal St Lucian