We have just left the resort today after spending 6 days there. When we arrived, we were offered welcome drinks, a cold towel and a very friendly check in agent who gave the first impression that the customer service at the hotel was above and beyond expectations. The drive from the airport took two hours and fifteen minutes which was a lot longer and difficult than expected and we were exhausted by the time we arrived. We were then escorted to our room on the third floor. There isn't a lift and I did feel bad for the bell boy having to carry our luggage (we didn't travel light). Our room was beautiful with a lovely view looking onto the pool. The room was clean and well taken care of. I would point out that the room did not have a kettle but the GM of the hotel took care of this and actually went out and got us one which again showed that the hotel will go above and beyond for their guests.
The restaurant at the hotel provided the best meals which I have ever had in any hotel. The staff are so friendly and customer service orientated. The only thing which I would say about the food is that the breakfast food wasn't up to the same standard as the lunch and dinner. They just seemed to fall short on the high levels which the other meals provided. It was also disappointing that they did not have English breakfast tea so we ended up purchasing our own and just asking for boiled water. On the night which they had the BBQ I did feel that the waiter was not happy that I wanted to order food from the main menu ( I am a vegetarian and I did not like the BBQ choices) he was not rude but I could tell he was not happy with me. This was so out of character for the staff because everyone else bent over backwards to make sure you were happy no matter if it was inconvenient. However, the waitress who he sent to take care of me was simply fantastic. She asked the chef what he could do for me and he made me a veggie pasta dish which was so tasty. I sent my compliments to the chef and he came out to talk to me. It was his birthday and he genuinely seemed so pleased that I was happy. That made me feel special and it definitely made up for the waiter who I previously had dealt with.
The staff at the pool bar are so friendly, funny and you can tell that they love what they do. Troy will make sure you are happy and laughing constantly... His Mr lover lover man with banana cocktail is delicious... A must have!
The GM was so present in the hotel making a point to talk to you each day and asking about your stay. He makes sure you are happy and he is so friendly. A very good hotel GM that's for sure!
There is only one downfall to the hotel... The WIFI in the room was not good at all but down in the public areas it worked perfectly. It's free however which is a massive plus for me!!
Two people in my party had a massage by Spencer and they said it was if very good standard and he would come and talk to us daily, taking an interest in how we were which was nice.
Friday night Jump Up is definitely worth avoiding. We decided to go and spent 5 mins there before leaving. It was not pleasant and I would not suggest it.
I would say overall this hotel was AMAZING... :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed as one of the best in St Lucia, the spectacular mile-long Reduit Beach fronts this all-suite hotel while, with a backdrop of rainforest covered hills, atmospheric Rodney Bay is reached within a few moments stroll. Standing in beautifully manicured grounds, the hotel offers an elegant blend of privacy and sophistication. Beneath palm-frond parasols, elegant furnishings allow for lazy days on the sandy beach or relax instead by the large lagoon-style swimming pool shaded by palm trees. The Royal Spa offers an enticing variety of treatments ranging from a reviving jet-lag busting massage to sensual aromatherapy and body care while, for the more energetic, the fully-equipped fitness room is available free to our guests. A delicious full buffet breakfast is included at L'Epicure, an elegant al fresco restaurant next to the beach which also offers tantalising a-la-carte dinner choices. Fine dining experiences can be enjoyed at Chic in the evening while, cooled by gentle sea breezes, the Beach Tent is a perfect venue for lunch. Perhaps enjoy a cocktail at the charming Minstrals Lounge before visiting the elegant Oriental restaurant (seasonal) or Mariners buffet, located at the adjacent St Lucian by rex resorts, or strolling in to town to experience the local ambience. Children are welcomed at the Royal and can enjoy the childrens club available on weekdays at set times at our neighbouring hotel while everyone can benefit from the wide range of activities accessible locally including water sports, horse riding, golf and exhilarating tours to explore the natural beauty of St Lucia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal By Rex Hotel Castries
- Royal By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Royal St Lucian