We returned the Royal in St Lucia in mid October, for our 4th visit. This time we were staying in a wonderful suite with a big balcony facing the ocean. The friendliness of the staff and the overall ambiance of the hotel is fabulous. The suite had been completely renovated and the bathroom was outstanding with state of the art modern design. The shower was simply wonderful.
Every time we come to St Lucia and stay at the Royal we talk about the friendliness of everyone working there. Whether it be the staff in the lobby, in the restaurants or the maids. We already know some of the staff because of us coming back again and again. This time we always got a little evening treat to our room, which was very nice. We also were really pleased with the breakfast and our favourite was the St Lucian saltifsh and bakes with the local coco tea. It's quite addictive :)
The location right on the beach is superb, beautiful clear water good for swimming, snorkling or/and sunbathing. Outside of the hotel you have Rodney Bay, where there are many things to do.But for relaxing and romancing, the hotel itself is the best place to be. Sitting on the balcony watching the sailboats on the water during the day and then the beautiful sunset at night is an experience I would not want to have missed. It's like being in Paradise. We just came back home and we are already planning my next visit :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed as one of the best in St Lucia, the spectacular mile-long Reduit Beach fronts this all-suite hotel while, with a backdrop of rainforest covered hills, atmospheric Rodney Bay is reached within a few moments stroll. Standing in beautifully manicured grounds, the hotel offers an elegant blend of privacy and sophistication. Beneath palm-frond parasols, elegant furnishings allow for lazy days on the sandy beach or relax instead by the large lagoon-style swimming pool shaded by palm trees. The Royal Spa offers an enticing variety of treatments ranging from a reviving jet-lag busting massage to sensual aromatherapy and body care while, for the more energetic, the fully-equipped fitness room is available free to our guests. A delicious full buffet breakfast is included at L'Epicure, an elegant al fresco restaurant next to the beach which also offers tantalising a-la-carte dinner choices. Fine dining experiences can be enjoyed at Chic in the evening while, cooled by gentle sea breezes, the Beach Tent is a perfect venue for lunch. Perhaps enjoy a cocktail at the charming Minstrals Lounge before visiting the elegant Oriental restaurant (seasonal) or Mariners buffet, located at the adjacent St Lucian by rex resorts, or strolling in to town to experience the local ambience. Children are welcomed at the Royal and can enjoy the childrens club available on weekdays at set times at our neighbouring hotel while everyone can benefit from the wide range of activities accessible locally including water sports, horse riding, golf and exhilarating tours to explore the natural beauty of St Lucia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal By Rex Hotel Castries
- Royal By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Royal St Lucian