This was our 14th visit to St Lucia and my husband Brian and I were delighted when we were upgraded to the Royal Hotel due to refurbishment work going on in its sister Hotel the St Lucian next door. The Royal is the jewel in the crown of all the Hotels in this area of St Lucia. The suite that we were allocated was very large, with high quality furnishings and fittings (fantastic walk in shower). We had breathtakingly beautiful views over Reduit Beach and the turquoise waters of the caribbean sea. As the sun set each night at about 6.15pm the sky turned into a marvellous array of colours. Part of this Hotel's attraction as well as its large rooms and immaculately kept gardens is the lovely selection of food. The buffet for breakfast each morning was simply mouthwatering and the kitchen staff love to engage in conversation with you as they prepare your personally made ommelette, fried eggs etc. We spent nearly an hour each morning having an extremely relaxing breakfast in a airy partially open dining room with marvellous views. Hummingbirds darted about outside on the patio sharing the large exotic flowers with colourful butterflies. The staff are the most wonderful bunch of friendly, helpful, warm, attentive and delightful folk anyone could ever hope to meet on holiday. We were truly pampered from our arrival to our sad departure. Some of the staff we knew from our previous visits to the St Lucian and they greeted us warmly as returning members of their Rex family. Greta as Reservations Manager will ensure that your Holiday goes without a hitch and her attention to detail is excellent, five star. She is well assisted by Nerissa from Customer Services who will check in with you regularly that everything is going well. David, Monica and Marilyn from the dining room will ensure that your dining experience is perfect. Other staff we met for the first time such as Ermin whose cheery smile as she went about her waitressing duties was delightful, and the very helpful Kevin and Kurby from the bar whose kept it wellstocked. Gillian and her maid colleagues provided a wonderful housekeeping service and the 'turn down' services each night were very welcome and luxurious with more fresh towels and biscuits. Finally last but not least we have to mention Troy who undoubtably is the best bartender in St Lucia. We were fortunate enough to be in St Lucia on the day Andy Murray won Wimbledon and after watching such an exciting match celebrations were in order. Troy made up his very own Blue and White cocktails in Andy's honour and together with a Scottish couple we toasted Andy and everyone were sleeping beauties that night after all those delicious cocktails!!! Thanks Troy and keep on with the 'Interviews'. There is a new General Manager of the Royal and St Lucian Hotels - Mr Michelin - and it was great to meet him at the Manager's Cocktail Party. He took a personal interest in his guests and always spoke to us enquiring if all was well, if he met us after that. I hope his plans for the future go well and we will certainly fly the flag here in Ireland for the Rex Resorts. The Spa facilities are very good and my husband can personally recomend Spencer's massages. The Royal Hotel is a perfect hotel for those who want a great location, lovely rooms, excellent dining experiences, relaxing atmosphere and attentive staff. We will be back. Many thanks Royal staff for a truly memorable holiday. The McCloys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed as one of the best in St Lucia, the spectacular mile-long Reduit Beach fronts this all-suite hotel while, with a backdrop of rainforest covered hills, atmospheric Rodney Bay is reached within a few moments stroll. Standing in beautifully manicured grounds, the hotel offers an elegant blend of privacy and sophistication. Beneath palm-frond parasols, elegant furnishings allow for lazy days on the sandy beach or relax instead by the large lagoon-style swimming pool shaded by palm trees. The Royal Spa offers an enticing variety of treatments ranging from a reviving jet-lag busting massage to sensual aromatherapy and body care while, for the more energetic, the fully-equipped fitness room is available free to our guests. A delicious full buffet breakfast is included at L'Epicure, an elegant al fresco restaurant next to the beach which also offers tantalising a-la-carte dinner choices. Fine dining experiences can be enjoyed at Chic in the evening while, cooled by gentle sea breezes, the Beach Tent is a perfect venue for lunch. Perhaps enjoy a cocktail at the charming Minstrals Lounge before visiting the elegant Oriental restaurant (seasonal) or Mariners buffet, located at the adjacent St Lucian by rex resorts, or strolling in to town to experience the local ambience. Children are welcomed at the Royal and can enjoy the childrens club available on weekdays at set times at our neighbouring hotel while everyone can benefit from the wide range of activities accessible locally including water sports, horse riding, golf and exhilarating tours to explore the natural beauty of St Lucia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal By Rex Hotel Castries
- Royal By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Royal St Lucian