We were return guests to the Rex this October but this time took our daughter and grand-daughter with us. The resort had been closed for a month and had just opened a week before we arrived. We have never felt so welcome - Chrystel on reception checked us in after a long journey from Edinburgh and even carried my hand luggage to make sure that the rooms allocated were suitable. We had a day of very heavy rain and unfortunately water came in through the roof in the early hours of the morning - no problem for Ronald our night porter who moved us in an instant and even checked on us at breakfast (try that in the UK!!). By the afternoon a bottle of champagne was waiting "as we shouldn't have to be disturbed like that" said Greta in housekeeping. Everyone bent over backwards to look after the family. the service all round was second to none with the Manager taking on board any tips to improve his resort but with staff who could remember you from three years ago what more could you ask for except more of the same. We will certainly be back and so will our daughter and grand-daughter. Thanks to all who make our fortnight fabby. See you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acclaimed as one of the best in St Lucia, the spectacular mile-long Reduit Beach fronts this all-suite hotel while, with a backdrop of rainforest covered hills, atmospheric Rodney Bay is reached within a few moments stroll. Standing in beautifully manicured grounds, the hotel offers an elegant blend of privacy and sophistication. Beneath palm-frond parasols, elegant furnishings allow for lazy days on the sandy beach or relax instead by the large lagoon-style swimming pool shaded by palm trees. The Royal Spa offers an enticing variety of treatments ranging from a reviving jet-lag busting massage to sensual aromatherapy and body care while, for the more energetic, the fully-equipped fitness room is available free to our guests. A delicious full buffet breakfast is included at L'Epicure, an elegant al fresco restaurant next to the beach which also offers tantalising a-la-carte dinner choices. Fine dining experiences can be enjoyed at Chic in the evening while, cooled by gentle sea breezes, the Beach Tent is a perfect venue for lunch. Perhaps enjoy a cocktail at the charming Minstrals Lounge before visiting the elegant Oriental restaurant (seasonal) or Mariners buffet, located at the adjacent St Lucian by rex resorts, or strolling in to town to experience the local ambience. Children are welcomed at the Royal and can enjoy the childrens club available on weekdays at set times at our neighbouring hotel while everyone can benefit from the wide range of activities accessible locally including water sports, horse riding, golf and exhilarating tours to explore the natural beauty of St Lucia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal By Rex Hotel Castries
- Royal By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Royal St Lucian