“AMAZING!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Villa   |   Bonneterre, Gros Islet 10204, St. Lucia   |
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Marina Haven is definitely a must stay at place! So peaceful and quite; it’s the perfect relaxation spot. I did love the fact that it’s close to the night life as well!!
The staff was helpful and the Owner even arranged tours for us to further enjoy the best of St.Lucia.
Without a doubt My husband and I will be back there soon!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St Lucia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I'm in love with this property. It has a stunning view, charming and modern furnishings and so quiet. The owners are a sweet local couple and the staff is friendly, efficient and very accommodating. I have stayed there several times and I always leave happy. There are four very spacious villas with a large kitchen. Hands down one of my favorites for the Caribbean.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My husband and I were in search of a relaxing, adventurous & luxury vacation - which is what we found in St. Lucia & more specifically at Marina Haven Villas.

From the email communication with the pre-booking staff, to the friendly personalized pickup at the airport, to the friendly housekeepers & 24 hr maintenance/security staff (Shada), to the breathe taking views, privacy & general warmth of this villa ..... the list goes on - Ben & his staff excel, top notch.

Thanks to the couple that wrote the review below - excellent description & you didn't miss a beat. We concur entire!

One thing we would highly recommend, yet caution at the same time - is to rent a Jeep from Ben's services for your stay. This will allow you to access the entire island or simply get into Rodney Bay easily. There is a steep incline up to the Villa and driving on the left hand side can nerve racking - but, hey part of our vacation was in search for adventure. We drove to Soufierre & is highly recommended. One thing to let you know (I was very happy someone had warned me), locals will stand on the roadside & hold boa's and try to get tourists to stop to take pix with. We did rent a 4x4 Jeep manual convertible, which was needed to easily access the difficult paved roads - but with the hanging boa's from the locals, kept me on my toes. The 40 kms drive, takes about 2 hrs - good times!

I would highly recommend Marina Haven Villas for an couple and/or group of couples with or without kids - the Villa can easily hold over 14 couples easily if you rent the entire home.

Thanks to Ben & his entire staff for a great holiday!
Teri & Damian

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Executive summary: immaculately clean, ideally located, spacious, nicely appointed, on site caretaker, stunning view of Rodney Bay and surrounding hills, great pool and deck.

To clarify, this was our first extended trip to the Caribbean. We have been briefly to the Bahamas and to Bermuda a couple of times (I know, not in the Caribbean) but historically, our winter holiday has been to Maui, so that forms the basis of comparison in our minds.

To echo another reviewer, Marina Haven exceeded our expectations. The first thing was the wonderful view of the harbour and Pigeon Island from our balcony. We spent many hours surveying the tall ships, sailboats and super yachts cruising the harbour and watching numerous sunsets, moonsets and sunrises while drinking coffee on the balcony. Virtually this same view could be seen from the pool deck or the pool itself. On many evenings, we would take a swim around sunset, hang on to the edge of the pool and look out over the landscape taking in the beauty of it all. For the uninitiated, St. Lucia is mountainous terraine and the location takes full advantage for those who like a view.

This also means that the setting is a little ways away off the beaten track in a residential area so guests won't be subjected to noise from traffic or the partiers of Rodney Bay. However, it is not so far out that grocery shopping or banking cannot be done walking. On a number of occasions, we walked to the grocery store to stock our pantry, which was about an hour round trip.

There is maid service six days per week, beach towel service, hi speed wireless internet, sharp knives (!), four poster king sized beds, two full bathrooms (one for each bedroom), nice tiles throughout, granite counters (my wife and I debated about whether or not it was "real" granite or "manufactured" granite; either way, it looked nice in the kitchen) and a propane barbeque. As of this writing, there was no land line in the room but a cell phone with a $20 credit was provided and there was no charge to phone any of the staff or office numbers.

All this would have been enough for me to give an exemplary rating. However, where Marina Haven excels is that they seem to have an understanding of service which seems to be generally overlooked in the Caribbean. This is not in any way a criticism of the Caribbean but we discovered that they make a little extra effort that you might not expect. These things were subtle and not immediately apparent upon our arrival but rather, were more obvious in hindsight. For example, we were picked up at the airport and there was a cooler with iced cold drinks in the vehicle. When we arrived at the villa, I found two trays of ice in the freezer. I had just assumed that these were left behind by the prior guests but I later learned that the refrigerators are turned off when the suites are unoccupied, so the on-site caretaker had made the ice for our arrival. With spring water. The air conditioners in the two bedrooms were on and the temperature was a frosty 17 Celsius. Cool for my liking but after all, it is a hot country. And there would be a fresh filter in the coffee pot every day.

Lastly, I cannot say enough about the staff looking after the villas. We saw two different housekeepers come and go (two and four days per week respectively) and both were efficient, kind and genuinely interested in our well being. The on-site caretaker was hard working, polite to a fault, gracious and an absolute joy to have on the premises. On the day of our arrival, we were dog tired and he accompanied us to the grocery store to get a few basics for dinner, carried our groceries, navigated thankfully, helped us with our luggage. He also allowed us to use the laundry facilities on the premises; not sure if this is standard or not but it was certainly appreciated.

There were not many things to find fault at Marina Haven. I found the driveway up to the villa a little intimidating. If you have been to St. Lucia, you will know of what I am talking. As a couple who like to cook, we would like to see an upgrade in the cookware at some time. Our personal preference would be to sleep with the bedroom doors to the outside open rather than air conditioning however, there are not screens on the doors and we learned that just like home, we are mosquito magnets. Though all the windows have screens, it would have been a nice bonus to have screens on the doors. (I understand that it is very uncommon to have screened doors there.)

We definitely see Marina Haven in our future.

On another note, if you are going to St. Lucia for your first time, you would be crazy to pick up a rental car at the airport. The villa is a good ninety minute drive unless you arrive at rush hour, maps are a little rudimentary, Google Maps does not show the location, driving is on the left hand side (not a problem for everybody, I realize), streets are only sporadically marked, roads are generally quite narrow and while pretty much everything moves quite slowly in St. Lucia, driving is not one of them. Marina Haven will deliver a rental vehicle to the villa. Take it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My family (wife and 2 daughters) and I had a wonderful 2 week stay at Marina Haven Villas in January. The Villa is brand new and very nicely furnished. It was a pleasure working with Ben's team on booking the Villa and the rental vehicle, and the members that looked after the Villa.

This was our first trip to St. Lucia. We were met at the airport and driven to the Villa.

The outdoor private pool was magnificent and really completed the package. The view of Rodney Bay from the Villa and the pool was great, especially at night with the lights from the marina.

St Lucia is a wonderful island in the Caribbean, Rodney Bay is a great central location for activities on the island, and Marina Haven Villas is the place to stay in Rodney Bay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
annapolis, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Great location - did all kinds of day-tripping. Was able to bring carryout food home - which is always easier and less costly with small children. Very nicely decorated with quality linens and big beach towels. Pool was lovely with a great view. The whole property inside and out was spotless. I looked at 5 other big resorts while there and only one was something I would even consider staying in. They were all so run down, dirty and just plain yuck. Marina Haven was so nice to come back to everyday and take a swim, have a beer as the sun set and eat a peaceful meal and then kick back after the children were in bed and watch and actual gown up movie on the TV. Dave had car seats for me, so I didn't have to lug ours down there for our rental car - that was a real bonus. Without hesitation I would recommend this as one of THE places to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

The trip was made very easily with the villa booking my taxi and rental car for me before I ever arrived. I have never been to St. Lucia before and it has made my stay so pleasant having someone always in reach. There is always at least one person normally two on site at all times for any help needed. The pool is wonderful being able to overlook the ocean and the town while swimming and though you overlook the town it is very peaceful up on the hill that it sits on. If you have any problems with the stay here they will definitly fix your problem.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Marina Haven Villas? Share your experiences!