What a wonderful resort! We stayed here 8 nights in July 2012 for our honeymoon. We had an ocean view suite on the second floor. The room was very nice and spacious. Breakfast was included in our room rate which was delicious (the pain au chocolat is a must!) Some mornings we opted to have it delivered to our room, other days we ate at the open air restaurant which had views of the pool and bay. We also enjoyed dinner several nights at the restaurant. Calabash Cove is not in walking distance to any attractions on the island but the hotel would set us up with a taxi. One thing I found very convenient was the taxis give you a cell phone for you to call them when you were ready to be picked up from the location they dropped you off at. The resort for the most part was quiet, relaxing and laid back. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. The staff was great, friendly and very helpful with planning our excursions. They also have air conditioning which I found some of the other resorts on the island do not. I would definitely return to Calabash Cove.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Tingo, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.