My wife and I stayed at Calabash Cove for 7 day on our honeymoon in September. The staff was very professional and used our names which is always nice. Upon arrival Rohan greeted us and sat us down for a brief introduction to the property. It was really nice feeling welcomed to your new home for the next week. The food was exquisite no matter if you order from your room, pool bar or main dining room. I have never tasted dishes so fresh. We stayed in a cottage, which is the way to go, and loved our accommodations especially the sunset view off our porch to the West. I really liked the kayaks that were available anytime of the day with no need to request them for the day. The grounds were perfectly maintained and very lush with an abundance of flowers. We literally spent every day in the pool and the pool bar. We went off property one day which was nice BUT we would have rather stayed on property. The reason for that is when going off property Americans stand out like a sore thumb and people are constantly asking you buy something or for money. My recommendation is to stay on property every day you are staying with Calabash. That way you get to observe the beautiful grounds, scenery, eat great food, and drink great drinks. Another recommendation is to take the helicopter transfer upon arrival and departure. The helicopter is ride is 15 min plus 15 min luxury car transfer to hotel is much shorter than the 1 hour and 30 min bus ride. Therefore transferring takes a total of 1 hour by helicopter rather than 3 hours by bus round trip. Stay at Calabash you will enjoy every moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet