“Best Honeymoon Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calabash Cove Resort and Spa

You added Calabash Cove Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Calabash Cove Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   Marisule | Bonaire Bay, Gros Islet, St. Lucia   |
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Best Honeymoon Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Calabash Cove for 7 day on our honeymoon in September. The staff was very professional and used our names which is always nice. Upon arrival Rohan greeted us and sat us down for a brief introduction to the property. It was really nice feeling welcomed to your new home for the next week. The food was exquisite no matter if you order from your room, pool bar or main dining room. I have never tasted dishes so fresh. We stayed in a cottage, which is the way to go, and loved our accommodations especially the sunset view off our porch to the West. I really liked the kayaks that were available anytime of the day with no need to request them for the day. The grounds were perfectly maintained and very lush with an abundance of flowers. We literally spent every day in the pool and the pool bar. We went off property one day which was nice BUT we would have rather stayed on property. The reason for that is when going off property Americans stand out like a sore thumb and people are constantly asking you buy something or for money. My recommendation is to stay on property every day you are staying with Calabash. That way you get to observe the beautiful grounds, scenery, eat great food, and drink great drinks. Another recommendation is to take the helicopter transfer upon arrival and departure. The helicopter is ride is 15 min plus 15 min luxury car transfer to hotel is much shorter than the 1 hour and 30 min bus ride. Therefore transferring takes a total of 1 hour by helicopter rather than 3 hours by bus round trip. Stay at Calabash you will enjoy every moment.

Room Tip: - Cottage 6 is great perfect distance from beach to pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We just got back from Calabash Cove and it was amazing. The location and views were breathtaking....we went for our honeymoon and had a blast. We stayed in Cottage 5 ( we were upgraded, Thanks Konrad) which was private and had a unreal view. The food was amazing and the drinks made by Lance and Jonathan were fantastic. We did the all inclusive which I recommend. It was a trip of a lifetime. The staff were very friendly and made you feel at home. If you are looking for a relaxing honeymoon this is the place. We will be back next year....Thanks again Konrad and the staff at Calabash....Chris B. and Vinetta B.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a great location.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Amazing place! this is the first review I am writing about anything. The staff is unbelievable especially for two needy New Yorkers who expect the best. They will set up any activity you would like and go out of there way to make your stay amazing. We visited the other top notch places and this was better than the other ones by far. Unlike every other resort where you would need a shuttle bus to go to the beach, the beach here is steps away. Amazing!!!!

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Calabash Cove for two weeks in August for our honeymoon. I did a lot of online research before going to St Lucia, so I basically knew what to expect in the stay there. Out of all of the reviews I’ve read, the ones that detailed each topic one by one were the most helpful, so with that, this is how I’ll review Calabash Cove.

Room: We stayed in a cottage, and I would not have had it any other way. We requested #5 because we heard it was the only one that stood alone. We did not get cottage #5, instead we ended up with cottage #1, and we were very happy with the outcome. Cottage #1 is attached to a walkway that no one else uses, so it was very private. The private pool was perfect. I thought it was going to be smaller than it actually was. The Caribbean birds ate breakfast with us every morning. The only room that is air conditioned is the bedroom, yet it can get really cold with it constantly running, so we opened the bathroom door and it kept that area cool too. My favorite part about the room was the shower. I thought the water pressure could have been better even though the water was always HOT, and I truly miss seeing the ocean from my shower every day. One major negative about the room was the loveseats in the living area. Both white sweat stained sofas had a odor to them. I think slip covers would be appropriate here.

Restaurant: The view from the restaurant is amazing! The food is very well presented and very well prepared. Room service was also very good. They had a daily special menu with a soup, 3 appetizers, and 3 entrees added to their regular menu daily. The only negative I would have here is if you are staying more than a week the menu gets a little tiring, and the specials are the same each week so even they get repetitive.

Beach: The beach is very private not very good for snorkeling but great for taking a dip in the ocean or lying in the sun. Don’t go on the rocks on the other side of the pier they are extremely slippery.

Excursions: I can’t comment on this we did all of our trips through Serenity Vactions and Tours.

Staff: I can’t say enough about them. I was sad to leave and a lot of the reason was them. Jessica (our house keeper) put beautiful flower presentations on our bed and did such a great job making our room look new every day. She even made a special trip to or room the day we left to say good bye. Andrea (our waitress on most nights) she got me to try goat cheese and now I love it. She was always very friendly and always had a smile on her face. Lily (our bartender) I miss her so much she had us in stitches at the bar we were laughing so hard and she makes the BEST drinks I have ever had. Jonathan & Lance (bartenders at the pool bar) they have such great personalities having lunch there was like watching a comedy routine on most days. Ryan (concierge at the front desk) was always very polite and we really enjoyed talking to him. Unita (manager) was very caring and always concerned with how we were doing and if we were enjoying our time.

We did do a honeymoon escapade with Calabash that consisted of a couples massage, dinner, and flowers and candles in our room after. The massage was wonderful we had Barbara and Lorrana they are both very sweet and great at their jobs. The dinner was amazing we chose to have it in the Gazebo because the weather was unpredictable at this time of year. We chose our dinner a few nights before and Unita called us to ask if we wanted to change our menu since Lobster season just started. I am so happy she did this because the Lobster was amazing. When we returned to our room there were beautiful flowers all over our room and the bath was full with bubbles and even more flowers, the whole room smelt like a garden.

Calabash was everything we wanted it to be. We can’t wait to go back one day. It is definitely the staff that makes the resort so desirable to return to. Please don’t hesitate to message me about this resort I’ll help answer any questions you have.

Room Tip: Go for the cottage you won't be disappointed!!
Opp, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Best honeymoon ever! Johnathon at the bar is the best! Would definitely go back. very quiet place... I saw all of the locations to stay and this is def the best! The beach is absolutely beautiful.Do not go to the fish fry they offer. The food is not as good as what they have at the hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

After 32 years of being absent from my beautiful country, I decided to take a trip back, I booked my vacation with vacations to go/ all inclusive, what a great choice I made. although I was the only single person there it was still a WONDERFUL treat. From the moment I arrive at this resort i knew this was a perfect choice. I had salt fish and cucumbers with a side of fresh fruits every morning, I Never got tired of the sun coming up over the water or the sun setting in the evening from my room.
The staff was incredible down to the pool cleaner, they remembered my name, there was always someone there to greet you, and even treated my guest with respect. This was a great way to re-introduce myself to my home. THANKS EVERYONE and sorry my review was so late coming!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stay at the Boiled Frog Guesthouse in Choc Bay whenever we go to St. Lucia, a lovely family run ocean side residence with great ambiance and access to the beach. But somedays you just want the resort experience. Calabash Cove Resort offers free day passes to their resort in exchange for purchasing your drinks and beverages from their pool / snack bar and/or restaurant. You get to use their lovey infinity pool, beach, beach towels and loungers for the price of what you consume during the day. A very reasonable and inexpensive option given that the day passes to Sandals hotels start at $100 US per person.

So if you want the resort experience without the resort price, this is definately the best bang for your dollar.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Calabash Cove Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!