Time of our stay: 7 days in December.
Location/Convenience: This little place is located on a hill, about 30 minutes walk to Rodney Bay Marina where you will find some very nice cafes, restaurants and a small supermarket. The owner Cheryl often offers a lift down whenever she is free, but the walk down is easy, pleasant and offers an very nice view.
Rooms: Our room (106), kind of next to the Jacuzzi pool was very nice, clean and comes with TV (BBC World, CNN, etc), Hair dryer, fridge and ensuite toilet with shower, etc. Cheryl showed us around the rest of the house and there are many different rooms, studio and flats that fit different purposes, some with your own kitchen. It is a brilliant place for couples and families.
Transport: We walked to most of the places nearby, but there is a really good local bus service if you do not fancy walking! One bus about every 5 minutes, that will take you to most places. There is a bus stop right opposite the Rodney Bay Marina, where you can get to Gros Islet (1.5EC), the fishing village, where you can find another amazing beach and if keep walking, you will get to Pigeon Island. We did this walk and it was very nice! you can also get to Castries (the capital of St Lucia, on the 1A bus, cost 2.5EC).
Rodney Bay Reduit beach: Another 15-20 minutes walk from the Marina (turn right when you walk out the the Marina or 5 minutes on a bus). It is very nice and clean and well looked after. I think the asking price for a deckchair or a beach umbrella (each) is about 10USD (6GBP)... You will see locals selling fresh coconut and fruits on their colourful boats along the beach. Most of the restaurants near the beach are very westernised. Many restaurants are owned by Westerners anyway. If you fancy an expensive 'top-end' place, there is Charhouse, where you can treat yourself with a superbly cooked steak with a nice and cold fruit punch! A meal for two, two mains, two cold drinks plus two teas cost about 300EC (70GBP ish). If you fancy middle range food, there is always pizza places, Dominos is never far away!
Have a lovely trip! St Lucia is a very nice place!!
- Also Known As:
- Habitat Terrace Hotel
- Habitat Terrace Hotel Gros Islet
- Habitat Terrace St. Lucia/Gros Islet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Habitat Terrace Boutique Hotel & Self-catering Apartments is located on a Bluff in Bonne Terre, with a magnificent view of the Rodney Bay area and beyond, as far as the French Island of Martinique. Personalized and intimate service with International and Local Creole cuisine,with a twist of St Lucian flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Habitat Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.