“Buzz is THE PLACE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 61 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Vegetarian, Pasta
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Whatever you do, don’t leave Buzz till your last night. Besides their à la carte menu they have nightly specials. Buzz has been operating for 12 years and Pat Bowden and Chef Marie who have worked together for 37 years have been successful in all their restaurants. Pat has created a restaurant and bar with a warm ambience, friendly atmosphere and lots of charm. The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating and as the name implies, is abuzz with activity. Food is presented on dishes in varying shapes, sizes and colours. Buzz is known for Seafood; Fresh Tuna, Potato Crusted Snapper, Baked Mahi Mahi filled with Avocado and Shrimp, Swordfish and a variety of Shrimp, Scallop & Lobster dishes (in season). House specialities include Homemade Raviolis, Lamb Shanks, West Indian Pepperpot, Rack of Lamb & Black Angus Beef hand trimmed and served with a variety of sauces. Homemade Desserts include a Trio of Crème Brûlée, Warm Apple Crêpes, Chocolate Mousse and Banana Pecan Bread Pudding. Mervin the Bartender will whip up fun cocktails like our “famous” Mango Dacquiri, Buzzing Bee Stinger and Buzz Cooler. Not only does Mervin keep the guests amused with his “chat”, he also keeps the children amused with his “card tricks.”
Namibia
“Buzz is THE PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

Having recently spend a month in St Lucia I have to admit they do have a number of good restaurants on that island. We tried a number of restaurants, but always returned to Buzz where we felt totally at home and loved the food. They have a great menu with lots of choice. Seafood is their specialty, but we must have had the Lamb Shanks at least four times. When we arrived at Buzz we were immediately greeted by Pat or Brenda and then made our way to the bar where we were entertained by Mervin the bartender. He would show us card tricks and keep us generally amused as long as we sat at the bar enjoying his great cocktails. When it comes to dessert you have to have the "trio of creme brulee - mango, chocolate and original.

San Francisco
“Shrimp Creole lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

I loved the two meals I had last August at Buzz. In both visits I ordered the Shrimp Creole, it was the best I have ever had. Having spent years living in New Orleans, I feel myself a good critic of Creole style food. They have nailed it there and Chef Marie, a native St. Lucian, understands Caribbean seafood cuisine. The staff was attentive, but not intrusive and the ambiance simple and elegant, conversations were easy to have as the noise factor is not an issue. One of our meals was with 9 other people. I was surpised to hear that a previous reviewer falted Buzz for a large party held there. Ours was handled with aplomb and there were no glitches. Go, eat and enjoy. They make their own bread and everything is fresh. I want to go back, next time to try something different. The menu is ecclectic and easy to please all palettes. It is romantic and delcious, all that one could ask for on a beautiful Carbbean evening. Kudos to Buzz, Yumm! I will recommend this restaurnt to all my friends, particularly those from New Orleans, they appreciate good cuisine and good service.

Orange County, CA
“Best meal of my trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

I was only in St.Lucia for one day and one night and the biggest regret of spending such a short time on this lovely island was that we only got to eat at Buzz once! We went here on the recommendation of the driver at our hotel, and we absolutely loved it. My boyfriend got the potato encrusted snapper which was delicious, but my steak with bearnaise sauce was absolutely out of this world. I've been to many famous steakhouses in Los Angeles, and my steak at Buzz still ranks among the best. If I am lucky enough to go back to St. Lucia, I am heading straight to Buzz!

Balcombe, United Kingdom
“Our Favourite Restaurant in Rodney Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

Like one of the other "Reviewers" this was the only restaurant we visited twice. The steaks at Big Chef were good (but extremely pricey) but needed some accompanying vegatables !!. Castaways was mediocre, Firegrill was OK, Red Snapper is just about 1 point higher than a McDonalds and Jambe de Bois is great for roti's, - especially the lamb roti; - my favourite.

Buzz is situated back from the road which is good, the service was fine but the reason we visited twice was because we so enjoyed the food. Tried the Snapper (both types) the Pepper Pot (nice & spicy) and the crab cakes which were lovely. If we return to St. Lucia we'll certainly return to Buzz.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Great food and ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

Really great meals, attentive service and great staff. Nicely landscaped and set in from the road so it felt very private and intimate.