“Spacious and Well Equipped Apartment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Skies Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gros Islet
Prices are for rooms, adults
Blue Skies Apartments
Save Saved
You added Blue Skies Apartments to your Saves list
P.O. Box GI 2172 | Rodney Bay, Gros Islet BS1, St. Lucia   |
Woodstock, Ontario
“Spacious and Well Equipped Apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I chose Blue Skies Apartments based on reviews from Trip Advisor and was not disappoint. From my first email to my last good bye to Francine and Simon I was very impressed with the service that I had received from them. I felt they had gone above and beyond to provide an excellent accommodation and a welcoming feeling for their guest. Having arrived late in the afternoon it was wonderful to have the welcome package of milk, juice, eggs, bread and butter to start our morning the next day since we were getting up @ 6:00 am to start our day. We found the wonderful organic farmers market (every Sat morning @ 7 am) and filled to large shopping bags with fruits and vegetables that lasted us the whole week. Francine and Simon were very helpful in booking our hiking and zip lining adventure and even made arrangements to have them pick us up at the farmers market at the Marina. We loved the location and walked everywhere. I rented the one bedroom on the ground floor facing the left side of the property. I had complete privacy, and was able to leave the 2 sets of double doors open all the time, I loved the open concept from kitchen, dining, living room. The bathroom was very spacious and modern. Having the air conditioned bedroom made sleeping very comfortable. The bedroom has lots of space to store all your belongings so no need to live out of your suitcase. The pool was great we used it everyday, even when we spend half our day out scuba diving. Francine and Simon think of everything from your arrival and arranging for Ali the taxi driver picking you up at the airport to your welcome tour of the things to see in Gros Islet and Rodney Bay to making arrangements for you to saying good bye and getting a picture for their wall on your departure, excellent host!!!! The apartment was an excellent value for my money. I would highly recommend this accommodation if your are going to Gros Islet/Rodney Bay are of St Lucia. Thank you Francine and Simon for being part of my wonderful St Lucia vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Anglards De Salers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I booked the two-bedroom apartment as we had my 92 year old mum with us. The apartment was on the ground floor so suitable for mum. The apartment was well decorated and equipped although beginning to get a little "tired" in the en-suite bathroom and kitchen. In fact they were not bathrooms but shower-rooms. The excellent pool and hot tub outside made up for the lack of bath ! The location was ideal for my wife and I as we were happy to walk to the marina, only 10 minutes away, for routine shopping; however my mum found the road outside very difficult due to the many potholes. A hire-car or taxi does resolve this situation for elderly/infirm guests and also for accessing the rest of Rodney Bay. Simon and Francine, the owners, were excellent hosts and Ali their "tame" taxi man was also excellent. Rodney Bay is without doubt the best resort to stay in St Lucia if you're staying for longer than a couple of days on the island. Reduit Beach has excellent restaurants and only 5 minutes in the taxi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you are thinking of renting an apartment near the Rodney Bay area of St Lucia, you would be hard pressed to find accomodation better than Blue Skies. My husband and I rented the 1 bedroom apartment from 25/1 for 14 nights and it was spacious, clean, well equipped and very good value for money.
The owners Simon and Francine are very nice people who go out of their way to assist you and make sure that your stay is enjoyable. The welcome pack provided was very useful and their free orientation tour of the area on our first morning was really helpful and we were able to get our bearings very quickly.
The pool is very clean and good for swimming plus the garden is very well kept. We enjoyed looking at all the birds, lizards and our own resident land crabs! It is an easy 10 minute walk to the Rodney Bay Marina with a nice broadwalk bar plus a handful of restaurants and then a slightly longer (20 minutes) in to Rodney Bay itself.
In summary, Blue Skies is a very good choice and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotteville, Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The owner Simon and Francine are very friendly and helpful. They want to make sure that everything is ok with you (transport, comfort, attraction to visit). Simon made suggestions on how to get around and where to go. Despite arriving in St Lucia on Christmas Eve on the day of all rain and disasters from washed away bridges and roads, loss of life etc, we felt right at home in Blue Skies. We didn't even know all the damaged occurred, we just thought it was a lot of rain. We had a welcome package of milk, juice, bread, eggs and butter awaiting us in the refrigerator. (yayy) We also got to steal 2 coconuts off a tree in the lovely garden (Sorry and thanks Simon and Francine :) ). My nephew lived in the pool but because of the weather for the duration of our stay, the water was always cold so my mom didn't go in and I went in only once. Blues Skies is definitely recommended. Great hosts, lovely garden and beautiful environment. Located close to attractions such as Pigeon Island, Gros Islet, Rodney bay, the Rodney bay Marina and the boatyard where one of the boats that appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean 1,2 and 3 is docked. Would be staying at Blue Skies next time I'm in St. Lucia for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I just spent 3 weeks at the Blue Skies Apartments, specifically the 3-bedroom on the 2nd floor. It is huge, well appointed, tastefully furnished, immaculate and properly maintained. Each bedroom is individually air conditioned with very comfortable beds. The 2 upstairs verandas are cooled by day-time breezes as you look over a beautiful pool and surrounding green hills. The garden is massive. As important is the location close to Rodney Bay, the village of Gros Islet and the Marina. The owners, Francine & Simon, are polite and incredibly helpful.
We do recommend this place for those who want the comforts of home at an affordable price.

Room Tip: There are 2 other apartments in the complex (1-bedroom & 2-bedroom). We like the immense space o...