“Poinsettia is our new found gem in Castries !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poinsettia Villa Apartments

You added Poinsettia Villa Apartments to your Saves list
Poinsettia Villa Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Belizaire Road | Saint Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Poinsettia is our new found gem in Castries !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We choose Poinsettia Apartments based on positive reviews in TA, location and affordability.
Since this was our first time in St.Lucia we wanted to stay somewhat in the middle between Rodney Bay and Soufriere /Pitons area. Castries was our choice for a base town and Poinsettia Apartments were our base camp!
Secluded in the exclusive hill , above Point Seraphine on the Vigie side of Castries , this small apartment complex with a beautiful garden and a swimming pool have the best view of the bay! We were greeted by Farida, one of the owners, who was extremely kind, helpful and gave us many ideas on where to shop and what to see around. Philip and Monique, the caretakers of the property went out of their ways to help us with all the requests we had.
We stayed at apartment #5 with two bedrooms. The rooms were comfortable, spacious, and spotless. One of the two terraces was overlooking the bay and the other was looking at the pool. We even had a complimentary welcome basket with coffee and breakfast items waiting on the counter-top and on the last day of our stay we had a bag of Caribbean fruits left on our door handle!
One of our favorite late afternoon activities was lounging by the pool, feeling the cool breeze, watching the cruise ships sailing off the harbor and sharing stories with the new friends we’ve made in Poinsettia.
Since there are only seven apartments, we felt as if we had the place to ourselves. It was that quiet and serene. We have rented a car and explored the island daily, but when in Castries you would walk from Poinsettia to the market and historical sites . It was a safe and pleasant walk. The town has an authentic Caribbean feel that you won’t find at Rodney bay or Cap Estate.
I highly recommend Poinsettia for your choice in Castries, the apartments are real gem!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed there for two months, and enjoyed every moment. Loved my morning swim in the wonderful pool and in the evening as the sun was setting. Or sitting on the porch wiith a cup of coffee and look at the huge cruise ships sailing by in the sunset. The people who run the place are very nice and helpful, and you feel welcome. The location is amazing and the aparments are fully equipped. So much nicer than a hotel room, because you have everything here, a kitchen, a washing machine - all you need to make you feel home - like you live here, and not just another tourist. I can fully recommend this place to everyone who enjoys beauty and freedom at an expendable Price. Dorte from Denmark

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Barrie, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at Poinsettia Apartments for two months this year and had a wonderful time. The family who own the apartments are delightful. While I was there Margaux was running the office and was very kind and helpful, arranging for day trips etc. whenever I needed to book something. She even gave me a lift a couple of times. Her sister Diane, whom I had met and corresponded with previously was also very helpful with my arrangements.

Part of the time I was staying alone as I was between visitors but I felt very comfortable and safe in this gated complex, which is also very well lit at night. As with the other reviewers I found it very convenient and loved to watch the activity in the harbour with the huge cruise ships going in and out each day. I could walk into town or use the bus service to go elsewhere on the island. It was also convenient to grocery stores, banks etc. and there was always a taxi handy if I needed to use one when grocery shopping.

All things considered I think this is one of the best values for money on the island. The apartments the pool and the grounds are beautiful and the family and staff are top notch. Hopefully I will be able to return again next year.

Room Tip: Apartment #5 has a private terrace with a great view of the harbour
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nantes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Poinsettia apartments is for me the best place to stay in St Lucia!

Really beautiful apartments, very nice pool, amazing view on Castries Bay... Very close from the airport but very quiet place, close from the city, the beach, everything!

The pluses: fruits and vegetables from the garden, the whole place is very very well maintained by a very nice team.

Just go and have a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Its the perfect location for a business trip. 5 minutes from the Vigie airport and centrally connected to everything. the roof top patio is a great place for meeting up with partners. The apartments are spacious with lots of room for meetings. It comes with a full kitchen waher and dryer and all u need to be ready for business and to entertain.

Room Tip: There are 1 bedroom and two bedroom apartments. Some have a garden, some have two balconies.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have recently stayed in the Poinsettia Apartments in Castries, St Lucia. The apartments are very well presented and clean and tidy. We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. It was handy for the harbour and 'Duty free Shopping,' with Vigie Beach close by. The Coal Pot Restaurant is nearby and an excellent place to dine, with fine Caribbean cooking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I lived in Castries for almost a year for a contract last year and I want to share the wonderful experience I had at Poinsettia Apartments. If you are looking for a nice and extremely calm place to stay in Castries, you found the right place!

Poinsettia Apartments is not only a beautiful view on the sea and the boats, it is not only a beautiful full equipped apartment, it is not only a safe place where you can stay a long as you want, it also and mostly the wonderful sisters that own the place. ALWAYS there for you, always helping you and always present to ensure that your stay in Castries is the best you can get.

I met a lot a people living in Castries for contract, just as me and I can swear that you cannot get a better place to live than in Poinsettia Apartment. For the price, for the quality of the rooms, of the kitchen, of everything! Poinsettia is the place.

Will recommend it to everybody!

Thanks again to you, beautiful family!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Poinsettia Villa Apartments? Share your experiences!