“business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poinsettia Villa Apartments

You added Poinsettia Villa Apartments to your Saves list
Poinsettia Villa Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Belizaire Road | Saint Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia   |
barbados
“business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Its the perfect location for a business trip. 5 minutes from the Vigie airport and centrally connected to everything. the roof top patio is a great place for meeting up with partners. The apartments are spacious with lots of room for meetings. It comes with a full kitchen waher and dryer and all u need to be ready for business and to entertain.

Room Tip: There are 1 bedroom and two bedroom apartments. Some have a garden, some have two balconies.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have recently stayed in the Poinsettia Apartments in Castries, St Lucia. The apartments are very well presented and clean and tidy. We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. It was handy for the harbour and 'Duty free Shopping,' with Vigie Beach close by. The Coal Pot Restaurant is nearby and an excellent place to dine, with fine Caribbean cooking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I lived in Castries for almost a year for a contract last year and I want to share the wonderful experience I had at Poinsettia Apartments. If you are looking for a nice and extremely calm place to stay in Castries, you found the right place!

Poinsettia Apartments is not only a beautiful view on the sea and the boats, it is not only a beautiful full equipped apartment, it is not only a safe place where you can stay a long as you want, it also and mostly the wonderful sisters that own the place. ALWAYS there for you, always helping you and always present to ensure that your stay in Castries is the best you can get.

I met a lot a people living in Castries for contract, just as me and I can swear that you cannot get a better place to live than in Poinsettia Apartment. For the price, for the quality of the rooms, of the kitchen, of everything! Poinsettia is the place.

Will recommend it to everybody!

Thanks again to you, beautiful family!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Salida, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been fortunate enough to visit St Lucia 9 times in the last 2 years. I have stayed in several all-inclusives as well as guesthouses and apartments. I must say that as far as apartments and guesthouses go, the Poinsettia Apartments cannot be outdone. From the very first interaction with the sisters that manage the apartments, I was made to feel at home and very well taken care of. They are efficient and on top of things at all times with excellent communication skills.

The apartments themselves are exceptionally furnished with lots of extra thought to things that you might need in the kitchen. I do a ton of cooking and was always feeding between 4 and 10 people and found everything I needed to be able to do so comfortably. The bedrooms, bathrooms, and living areas are also very nicely furnished. One thing that I really appreciated was that even though I was staying monthly, they put a shampoo and soap in the apartment so that I had something to start with until I could get to the store and purchase my own. They also had put some fruit and coffee in the kitchen and a few essentials in the fridge as well. I felt that this was going above and beyond and it was soooo appreciated!!!! Anything that we needed in addition to what was provided was supplied for us with a smile. There are washers/dryers, converters, and adapters in the apartments also. There is a fan in the living room and a/c in the bedrooms. Everything you need for your comfort is there for you.

The location is excellent! It is very close to town and yet is extremely quiet. We walked to town every day and were able to catch the bus very close to the apartment when we wanted to go to other parts of the island. Vigie Beach is very close as well and is a wonderful long beach that is particularly great on a Sunday afternoon in St Lucia. Sandals dive center is very near to the apartments as well if you would like to go diving. If you would like the specifics on how to get there and how to dive with them, just message me and I will give you details. They are a wonderful dive team and the prices are very reasonable and all of your equipment is included. You can also take a catamaran cruise very near to the apartments as well.

The grounds are kept very clean and organized at all times and there are tables, chairs and umbrellas to keep you comfortable. The pool was always spotless and the roof top deck is a very relaxing place to be. This is a quiet place and yet there is a nice sense of community. This is a gated area as well as having individual alarm systems in the apartments. I'm telling you, they pay attention to comfort and details at Poinsettia!!! We felt very safe at all times and had no need to use the alarm system, but it was nice having the option. There are two wonderful mango trees on this property and it was a beautiful surprise to come home to fresh, ripe mangoes on our doorstep.

This is a truly wonderful spot to stay in St Lucia. Believe me, I have stayed in lots of different places and this is a fantastic choice! They have nightly, as well as extremely affordable monthly rates. You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here!!! This is my new home away from home and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Owen Sound Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

We have traveled to several spots throughout the Caribbean usually with a group of friends and generally staying at all inclusive resorts. As no-one in our group was able to travel this year we decided to try an apartment type of setting and book flights and accommodation separately. St. Lucia had always seemed appealing so we set our sights on it.
Using a St. Lucia Web Site we looked at various accommodations available in areas throughout the island and settled upon the Poinsettia Apartments located in Castries. Dianne the office manager for the apartments was very helpful right from the beginning answering questions and giving suggestions on various aspects of our trip. Unfortunately we never had the pleasure of meeting her but dealt with her lovely sister Ferderika (I know I’m spelling your name wrong, sorry) On our arrival at the airport we caught a taxi to the Poinsettia, and Philip the caretaker of the place was waiting and showed us around pointing out where things were, and then left us his phone number in case we needed anything.
The grounds were very nicely kept and Philip and several other gentlemen insured they were clean and tidy along with the pool at all times. The pool is certainly a necessary item and proved a wonderful spot to sit and read. The upper patio was another area that was great to view the harbour from and have your breakfast or supper.
The apartment itself was well appointed and when I inquired about a roasting pan one was dropped off at the door momentarily. We used the washer and dryer midweek and found it helpful that there was a voltage converter present in the apartment. The fridge was large enough to store all that was necessary with a mid size freezer on top. The gas stove operated fine. The bedroom was comfortable and I had no problem sleeping on the mattress that seemed just right for my liking. Not too soft and not like a board as we have discovered in other areas of the Caribbean. The bedroom is A/C'd while the rest of the apartment is kept relatively cool with a ceiling fan. Having the windows wide open was nice as a breeze generally swept through the rooms.
The island itself was a little different than what we expected but it was very nice. We do enjoy walking for miles on long white beaches but unfortunately St Lucia is not an island of long white sand beaches, but instead one of beautiful views and landscapes.
Originally I had intended to rent an automobile at the airport and intended driving the hour to Castries. A friend suggested that I wait till arriving at the island as once I see the roads and other drivers I may change my mind. Luckily I did as we decided it would be better to take cabs (a very nice gentleman who is fair is Vitus Alexander who can be reached at (--) or at (--)) and or the local transportation. We discovered the local system worked well and was very reasonably priced.
We were a little alarmed with the security measures in the building as the windows were barred but never felt threatened in any way. We never did venture out far in the evening as spending the day in the sun certainly tires one out. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance of the Poinsettia and if you wish to venture downtown to the grocery store and market there is a little path that you can take that runs beside the Price Waterhouse building and then you can cut through the fish market and be there in no time.
We did a catamaran sailing cruise (Carnival) and looking towards the bay you can see their office and boats from the terrace. They provided a great crew for the trip and we saw some lovely areas of the island from the sea, along with a trip to the botanical gardens, a drive in volcano, and a nice lunch from a lovely restaurant with a great view in Soufriere. We also took a little cruise coming home into Marigot Bay which looked like a lovely spot. A day in Rodney Bay is great as this area is more or less dedicated to the tourist. Nice beach, beautiful yacht club, Pigeon Island, and some great spots to eat.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I have just returned from spending eleven months living at these peaceful and comfortable appartments. They are beautifully maintained and ideally located close to Castries and also to Vigie beach. The staff working here in the garden, at the pool and housekeeping are all very friendly and helpful, as are the neighbours. The owners of the appartments (a group of sisters) are incredibly organised and efficient which can be a breath of fresh air when doing business in St. Lucia. The appartments are located within walking distance of three very good restaurants and also the bus service for the north of the island. We will miss living here so much. C and L.

PS It would be better to put these appartments in the Speciality Lodging section rather than the Hotels section as it is not a hotel and it is not fair to be rating it alongside the resort-type hotels.

• Liked — The staff and the decor
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

June 21, 2006

I wanted to spend more time, closer to friends in the capital, so one of them picked Poinsettia Apartments as the place for me to stay on this last visit. I stayed at the Poinsettia Apartments from April 26, 2006 to May 20, 2206. This place is as pretty as the flower it is named for. I had one of their apartments on the top floor. This is a small family owned buisness, but with all the flair, attention and kindness to their guests, as any five star establishment. I enjoyed the view of the harbour from my windows. I had no terrace for this apartment, but there is a large common terrace which is great to sit out and have drinks while you watch the boats come in.

My apartment was clean and well decorated. It's a very big apartment, with a full kitchen, and all your kitchen equipment is provided, right down to wine glasses. I had a large bedroom with a full bathroom, very big showers. I especially liked that I had my own private entrance. There is parking for about six vehicles. There were many fruit trees on the grounds where you were encouraged to help your self at any time. Some days, the mangoes were brought to our door. It was such a pleasant surprise, because I was looking forward to spending my visit at another resort, but I was encouraged to try this one first. I will definately go back. The owner who checked me in, and made sure I was comfortable by giving me details where she could be reached in case of an emergency or if I needed her for anything. I found it to be a very special attention to detail. I needed to extend my trip by a few more days and they were so kind in accommadating my request. It's a gated vacation resort, and it also has a large swimming pool and housekeeping services if you need it. I was there for the Jazz Festival season, so iit was nice to be able to take the 20 to 30 minute walk into the city., and enjoy Jazz in the Square or at Place Carenage. The produce food market, grocery store and tourist vendors market.were neraby also. Jazz at Pointe Seraphine was only a 10 to 15 minute walk also..

I felt quite safe at this vacation site. This is my second vacation site in St. Lucia this year and it is quite a Jem. Poinsettia Apartments is going down in my book, as a place to book on my next visit to St. Lucia. I have passed on the word to many family and friends about this wonderful vacation/apartment. This is another winner! Thanks to everyone at Poinsettia Apartments, I give you a 100% mark. I hope to see you soon

Been to Poinsettia Villa Apartments? Share your experiences!