Booking process and getting checked in and out was a breeze. Concierge was really nice.
Hotel is not a luxury one, but for the price we paid, it was worth it. Lots of furniture needs updating and maintenance.
We stayed in a 3 bedroom terracotta villa. Each room had its own bathroom which made it super convenient. The smaller bedroom was tiny though, but did not create a bad experience. The other rooms were huge, and the ensuites were definitely one of the largest I have ever seen. The kitchen was pretty good except it was missing a lot of the basics like cutting knife, pans, proper cutlery. One thing to be aware of is that AC is only in the bedrooms...everywhere else is hot and muggy as hell. There was a sun roof with jacuzzi and private pool but we never really went there because it was really hot and the private pool had a lot of stuff in it. WiFi is included only where the modem is - you also have to request it. I would also recommend requesting a hanging net for the bedrooms to prevent mosquitoes.
The hotel pool was really nice and not crowded at all. The beach was kind of small and needed a lot of maintenance but overall it was a good experience. There's only one life jacket, which was not a big deal, but would have been great if we all had one. There's also a limited amount of kayaks and paddles, so prepare ahead if you have a big party.
Piano Piano restaurant - Food was good but prices are expensive! Although the restaurant was a little empty while we were there, service was still great. I love the piano man, he played nonstop throughout our meal.
Beach restaurant - we had breakfast here almost every day and really love the atmosphere and food. Beware that everyone on property runs on "island time" so every thing is slowed down by three folds. Waiters are really friendly and accommodating - shout out to "Sasha's mom" (sorry did not catch your name) you made our experience even better.
We had complimentary full body massages by a lovely lady who I forgot her name (starts with a L...). Was so good and relaxing, and really helped my body recover from the long piton hike a day prior.
Would not recommend driving on your own as roads are windy and there's no stop lights or street signs when you are outside of the city. To get to the resort, if you don't know your way you are bound to get lost! Taxi service was easily accessible through the concierge; even though it does add up in price if you go out a lot, at the end, our party felt like not renting a car was the best thing we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cotton Bay Village Experience Cotton Bay Village is one of the best vacation experiences in the Caribbean and offers everything you need to make the most of your Caribbean vacation. Our full-service beachfront resort offers luxurious Apartments, Townhouses and Beachfront Villas, perfect for families and friends or if you are just looking to escape. Here you will find a secluded beach, a creche and kids club, an award winning spa and gym, two restaurants, butler service and a onsite deli/mini mart. We are located next to the St. Lucia Golf Club and just minutes away from Rodney Bay’s shopping mall, fabulous restaurants, casinos, cultural attractions and recreational activities. A variety of meal plans to suit your individual style and habits, from all inclusive, half board, breakfast to self catering dining options. The gourmet experience at Cotton Bay is part of the holiday and all children 5 and under eat for free. Bring the Baby, not the baggage is our philosophy and therefore we invite all families with young children to pre-order baby monitors, sterilizers, cots, cribs, blankets and baby bath tubs at no extra cost. Special baby foods and nappies can also be requested. Beachfront non-motorized watersports included with your holiday package and for the adventurous, why not try your hand at kite surfing or horse back riding, right on our beach. Catering to your individuality is what we do, ask for what you want and if we can tailor make it for you, that's our pleasure. Come and enjoy a place where you can truly unwind, let it be, enjoy real privacy, down time, quality time, true family time and so much more. Contemporary Caribbean Living at Cotton Bay Village Beach Resort. Why settle for a normal hotel room? Upgrade to a Villa at Cotton Bay Village. Book online today to enjoy your Caribbean vacation at Cotton Bay Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Cotton Bay Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Bay Village Castries
- Cotton Bay St Lucia
- Cotton Bay Village St. Lucia/Castries