I have stayed at Cotton Bay twice and I am intending on returning soon, which should clearly say that I am quite happy with the hotel. If you like space, a peaceful environment and a bit of privacy, Cotton Bay is the perfect holiday spot. The hotel definitely lives up to its 4 star rating.
I have stayed in the 1BR Tamarind villa and been very satisfied with the accommodation. In fact it actually had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Plenty of space, clean and all the necessary amenities. The bed was very comfortable, bathrooms very modern and the bathrobes very handy. The WIFI worked perfectly and was fast, which was a bonus if you need to get connected to the rest of the world. I have never dined at the restaurant, therefore I can’t comment on it, as I have only ordered room service which was fast and effective. After 3 days the menu became a bit boring but otherwise the food was tasty. I also went to their little supermarket on property. The prices are a bit high, which is normal for hotels but at least you can get most of the main ingredients to prepare some food at the villa if you wish.
The location is remote, away from all the noise, shopping and main attractions, but it is easy to arrange a taxi and it takes about 15 minutes to get to Rodney Bay. I personally like the location as it is away from all the buzz and ideal for a relaxing holiday. However, please note that a taxi ride from the international airport (UVF) takes 90 minutes.
Cas en Bas beach is not the prettiest on the island, but I had been there and knew it before booking. The beach is very rustic and very quiet compared to the other beaches on the island which are more tourist oriented. If you want a pretty white sand beach, it is not the place for you, however if you like the rustic feel of the beach and want to be off the beaten track, Cotton Bay is the ideal spot. I had a minor issue in regards to a special request that wasn’t fulfilled but overall I was quite satisfied with their service.
Overall, compared to some other 4 star hotels on the island, Cotton Bay offers excellent value for your money. The villas are nice, spacious and the grounds lovely. I will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cotton Bay Village Experience Cotton Bay Village is one of the best vacation experiences in the Caribbean and offers everything you need to make the most of your Caribbean vacation. Our full-service beachfront resort offers luxurious Apartments, Townhouses and Beachfront Villas, perfect for families and friends or if you are just looking to escape. Here you will find a secluded beach, a creche and kids club, an award winning spa and gym, two restaurants, butler service and a onsite deli/mini mart. We are located next to the St. Lucia Golf Club and just minutes away from Rodney Bay’s shopping mall, fabulous restaurants, casinos, cultural attractions and recreational activities. A variety of meal plans to suit your individual style and habits, from all inclusive, half board, breakfast to self catering dining options. The gourmet experience at Cotton Bay is part of the holiday and all children 5 and under eat for free. Bring the Baby, not the baggage is our philosophy and therefore we invite all families with young children to pre-order baby monitors, sterilizers, cots, cribs, blankets and baby bath tubs at no extra cost. Special baby foods and nappies can also be requested. Beachfront non-motorized watersports included with your holiday package and for the adventurous, why not try your hand at kite surfing or horse back riding, right on our beach. Catering to your individuality is what we do, ask for what you want and if we can tailor make it for you, that's our pleasure. Come and enjoy a place where you can truly unwind, let it be, enjoy real privacy, down time, quality time, true family time and so much more. Contemporary Caribbean Living at Cotton Bay Village Beach Resort. Why settle for a normal hotel room? Upgrade to a Villa at Cotton Bay Village. Book online today to enjoy your Caribbean vacation at Cotton Bay Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Cotton Bay Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Bay Village Castries
- Cotton Bay St Lucia
- Cotton Bay Village St. Lucia/Castries