My wife and I arrived here for 6 nights at the end of May 2013. We had done a bit of research into the place when it had come up on "Living Social's" website. It was a great deal, seemed to good to be true with a free spa treatment and breakfast every day. Amazingly the place gets great reviews so we booked it. We took the St Lucia Helicopter to the resort as it is a long way by car (2.5 hours) from the International Airport which is on the other end of the island. The Helicopter was expensive but kinda cool. Although the weather was not in our favor. I would recommend the Helicopter to get there, just pack some swim clothes in your carry on. Your luggage still has to go by car. It can go ahead of you though I imagine if you wanted to take the Helicopter back rather than you having to leave at the same time.
Anyway the room we were given was super nice. Everything was in great repair. The washing machine was in need of service in our place but the sign said there was complementary service available instead. The place was so large (bigger than our home in Boston) we really spread out and we had the "small" 2 bedroom poolside apts. We were also lucky that there was a power down converter in the apt too for US voltage and a 5 plug power strip for US plugs (FYI plugs are UK here in ST Lucia).
The resort was really nice and quiet. Later we popped over to Sandal's (what a zoo) in comparison. The taxi drivers we chatted to seemed to not like Sandal's corporation for their practices. No one had a bad word to say about Cotton Bay.
We never went to the "up scale" restaurant so i cannot speak to that. We did eat every night except on at the beach front restaurant. It was very nice, reasonably priced. The lamb I had one night was delicious.
Winds are stronger on this side of the island. We never had any issues with it though. In fact we preferred it as it keeps you cooler and keeps the bugs off. I means their are two watersports places on the beach to take lessons at etc. The horse rides that many of the resorts offer excursions too walk this beach every day which made for a nice view. The staff clear the beach of seaweed etc early every morning. The sand is very soft and clean as is the water. Pool is very nice too. Landscaping is under regular attention and looks great. Very pretty flowers etc.
My wife and I had no issues with mozi's etc. The staff did fumigate the resort one day when we were there for maybe 10 mins. The store near the front gate has very little, but it is enough to get by. The bi weekly free shuttle into town can get you to the 2 super markets. FYI they seems to always be sold out of fresh meats when we went.
Staff were extremely chatty and kind. Lots of fun. I would definitely recommend. Especially for families and large groups, the villa's looked cool.
Other than that not much to say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cotton Bay Village Experience Cotton Bay Village is one of the best vacation experiences in the Caribbean and offers everything you need to make the most of your Caribbean vacation. Our full-service beachfront resort offers luxurious Apartments, Townhouses and Beachfront Villas, perfect for families and friends or if you are just looking to escape. Here you will find a secluded beach, a creche and kids club, an award winning spa and gym, two restaurants, butler service and a onsite deli/mini mart. We are located next to the St. Lucia Golf Club and just minutes away from Rodney Bay’s shopping mall, fabulous restaurants, casinos, cultural attractions and recreational activities. A variety of meal plans to suit your individual style and habits, from all inclusive, half board, breakfast to self catering dining options. The gourmet experience at Cotton Bay is part of the holiday and all children 5 and under eat for free. Bring the Baby, not the baggage is our philosophy and therefore we invite all families with young children to pre-order baby monitors, sterilizers, cots, cribs, blankets and baby bath tubs at no extra cost. Special baby foods and nappies can also be requested. Beachfront non-motorized watersports included with your holiday package and for the adventurous, why not try your hand at kite surfing or horse back riding, right on our beach. Catering to your individuality is what we do, ask for what you want and if we can tailor make it for you, that's our pleasure. Come and enjoy a place where you can truly unwind, let it be, enjoy real privacy, down time, quality time, true family time and so much more. Contemporary Caribbean Living at Cotton Bay Village Beach Resort. Why settle for a normal hotel room? Upgrade to a Villa at Cotton Bay Village. Book online today to enjoy your Caribbean vacation at Cotton Bay Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cotton Bay Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Bay Village Castries
- Cotton Bay St Lucia
- Cotton Bay Village St. Lucia/Castries