I had planned on writing a lengthy review and naming everyone who made it special; however, the entire vacation was special and largely due to all of the staff.
We arrived the first week in March and everyday was as beautiful as the one before. I will worn you that the ride from the airport is long and winding, so if you have issues with this try to ride in the front. We reserved a car through the resort and it was great and inexpensive for 3 people ($100+ roundtrip). When we arrived we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa which was beautiful. It was my daughter, sister-in-law, and I so we all had our own large bedroom with bathroom.The kitchen was huge and had everything you could want. People need to realize that part of the charm of staying in the Carribean is having it be a bit different from home. Any issue or question we had was met with a prompt and friendly response. Once things were figured out like the internet ( you need them to set it up in your room), there were no problems. The washing machine is different then in the States too, so definitely ask about anything you're not sure of. We also needed help with the safe deposit box.
Breakfast was included in our stay so every morning we were greeted by the lovely ladies at the beach restaurant. They were very friendly and maybe it wasn't the fastest service, but we enjoyed it for what it was. The food was good, and in the evening, if you preferred, you could have it delivered to your villa. A huge plus, and always arrived hot and delicious. The other nights we went to Piano, Piano and enjoyed it very much. It was more upscale and pricey, but we thought the food and atmosphere were great. You have to try the "Signature" chocolate piano dessert.
Definitely take the shuttle into town and stock up on drinks and food for lunch and snacks, as the food is pricey on the island. Take advantage of the Spa and have a hot stone massage... heavenly.
We really enjoyed the dogs on the beach and watching the horses everyday.The dogs will not bother you if you don't want them around so don't let previous reviews unfairly influence you. We found them to be a positive experience.We loved the tranquillity of the whole site and never left except to go into town for provisions.We never had any problems with mosquitoes, but didn't open the windows too much and used the AC in the bedrooms.
I have been to St. Lucia a few times before and did all the sight seeing things, etc so didn't feel the need to see it again. However, if it is your first time definitely take advantage of the day trips and see the island. Thank you again for a fabulous stay. The entire staff needs to be praised for a job well done. Hope to come back soon, and highly recommend the resort for a laid back friendly vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cotton Bay Village Experience Cotton Bay Village is one of the best vacation experiences in the Caribbean and offers everything you need to make the most of your Caribbean vacation. Our full-service beachfront resort offers luxurious Apartments, Townhouses and Beachfront Villas, perfect for families and friends or if you are just looking to escape. Here you will find a secluded beach, a creche and kids club, an award winning spa and gym, two restaurants, butler service and a onsite deli/mini mart. We are located next to the St. Lucia Golf Club and just minutes away from Rodney Bay’s shopping mall, fabulous restaurants, casinos, cultural attractions and recreational activities. A variety of meal plans to suit your individual style and habits, from all inclusive, half board, breakfast to self catering dining options. The gourmet experience at Cotton Bay is part of the holiday and all children 5 and under eat for free. Bring the Baby, not the baggage is our philosophy and therefore we invite all families with young children to pre-order baby monitors, sterilizers, cots, cribs, blankets and baby bath tubs at no extra cost. Special baby foods and nappies can also be requested. Beachfront non-motorized watersports included with your holiday package and for the adventurous, why not try your hand at kite surfing or horse back riding, right on our beach. Catering to your individuality is what we do, ask for what you want and if we can tailor make it for you, that's our pleasure. Come and enjoy a place where you can truly unwind, let it be, enjoy real privacy, down time, quality time, true family time and so much more. Contemporary Caribbean Living at Cotton Bay Village Beach Resort. Why settle for a normal hotel room? Upgrade to a Villa at Cotton Bay Village. Book online today to enjoy your Caribbean vacation at Cotton Bay Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Cotton Bay Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Bay Village Castries
- Cotton Bay St Lucia
- Cotton Bay Village St. Lucia/Castries