“Good location if you want to stay in one place with extremely helpful and friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cotton Bay Village

You added Cotton Bay Village to your Saves list
Cotton Bay Village
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 2374 | Cap Estate, Cas-En-Bas, Castries, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Surrey, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great spot and very quiet as not busy. We liked the variety of beach and pool. We were self catering but used the beach bar a lot. We hadn't hired a car so had to plan shopping trips with taxis. However taxi service was excellent.
The accommodation was good although for self catering the house could have been better equipped and there wee a few things that didn't work. There was air con in the bedrooms but not in the living area which meant the evenings could be very warm with the windows shut to prevent mosquito bites.
Overall we had a great time and cans back well rested.

• Stayed October 2012
1461, General Manager at Cotton Bay Village, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are happy that you had a great time and feel well rested. Thanks for taking the time out to write your review and candid comments about your vacation experience. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Thank you to all the staff at Cotton Bay for making our week in St Lucia so relaxing and easy, from the booking process (thank you Abdulla) through to departure (we could not have had a better or more accommodating driver than Eustace) we couldn't have wished for more. A special thanks to David who made our cocktails at the beach bar but added so much more to the experience with his engaging stories and local knowledge. Also to Joyce for providing a most relaxing massage at the spa.
To all of the other front office staff (Jason,Patrick and others) who helped us with all our needs including car rental,golf booking etc thank you so much.
We highly recommend this resort to anyone who needs total rest and relaxation, the facilities are great, the pool and beach are perfect, and watching the horses and kite surfers provides a classic St Lucian scene.
The breakfast was first class, and beach bar meals and dinner were also great.
We will definitley return to this little corner of paradise.
Paul & Gill

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1461, Director of Sales at Cotton Bay Village, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thanks for your comments and taking the time out to do so. We are happy have played a small part in making your vacation to St.Lucia relaxing and that you got the opportunity to unwind. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Ginette.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

After a wonderful week at Sandals Grande our 2nd week at Cotton Bay was Heaven. We stayed in the Terracotta Villa with the plunge pool and really enjoyed the Luxury of the unit, daily housekeeping, privacy and peaceful surroundings. Hurricane Isaac was over the island while we were there and it left us with 2 days of Caribbean breeze. We took off the A/C and opened up the Villa what a fantastic view from your bed, I could wake to this each day with breakfast in bed.
Housekeeping ( Alicia) and Front Desk (Abdulla), Thank you for take such good care of us, you made it our home away from home....Food was delicious also ordered local bread from the deli.
We viewed the other rentals - Cotton house, Mango Chateau, Calabash, Coral penthouse they are all very luxurious. Planning on returning next year with the family.
The free shuttle to Rodney Bay on Tuesday and Thursday is very useful.
The beach is black sand, so the water close to shore is dark brown not the usual Blue/turquoise. If you are a beach lover you might be disappointed but the rest of the resort make up for this, if you are looking for a peaceful get away from the stress of daily life.
Went to the street party in Gros let, food was delicious not much to see/do only vendors with local food/drinks/ music and a lot of tourists. Vendors do not post a price list, prices are per item, they accept US$ @ 2.50EC$. Would be easier if they offered 2 or 3 choices at a fixed price per plate. The Caribbean has a Lobster season, so if there are Lobster dishes at the Street party off season, it is either illegally caught or from frozen.
We took the Luxury transfer back to UVF in a BMW, it was well worth the money - US $85

Room Tip: If you are staying in a Villa or house ask for a location to get the afternoon sun in the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation in St. Lucia. We will keep your Coral apartment reserve for your next visit. Thank you for the comments and review.
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at Cotton Bay Village from 2nd-17th August 2012. My Wife and I and our four daughters, 12, 10, 8 and 20 months. We normally stay in Private Villa as opposed to a Hotel as we prefer the privacy and freedom. Cotton Bay was the perfect combination of the two. All the privacy and freedom of a Private Villa combined with all the convenience features of a Hotel. We absolutely loved it here and ALL the staff were just fantastic, no-one could do more for you. Ginette supervised everything for us and she and her staff were truly excellent. The Communal Pool is excellent, the beach was fantastic and every time we came back to the complex from a day out / meal out / shopping it was like returning to your personal oasis. I've seen comments about the seaweed on the beach but to us that was an irrelevance. It is raked up every day at least twice and there is only a lot of it the day after a stormy day and within a few hours it is raked away. People also commented about the units needing painting but we saw a consistent program of maintenance and care and you have to bear in mind that the white walls are baked and then rained on regularly. They all looked fine to me and ours was beautiful inside. Whenever anything needed attention we would phone the team and it got dealt with immediately. After a stormy day quite a bit of foliage debris and dust was in the villa pool - no problem - asked for it to be cleaned specifically again on that day (in addition to the regular scheduled cleaning) and so it was. Kids Club was great and we left our youngest daughter alone for the first time ever, she was absolutely fine and loved it. My eldest daughter fainted in the Kids Club one day having not drank enough water. The team (Juan & Vicky, apologies if spelling wrong) looked after her and followed up for several days by phoning us at the Villa to ensure she was ok. I cannot recommend this place enough, it was SUPERB and we will definitely be returning!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CottonBayVillage, Director of Sales at Cotton Bay Village, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We know how much you looked forward to this vacation. It was our pleasure to make it both relaxing and enjoyable for you and the family. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks for taking the time out and writing this review.

Ingatestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family had a wonderful Easter in St Lucia at cotton bay and stayed in the terracotta villa.

We have 3 young children aged 8,5,2 and the kids club was fantastic. The staff are very friendly and the food is typical carribean style, simple but tasty. Service is typical carribean, chilled and relaxed - not fast which is fine unless you are in a hurry.

No problems with the sunbeds by the pool or beach as many villas have their own pools.

Best family holiday I have had and i have already booked and upgraded to chateaux mango for my return trip next Easter.

Room Tip: Get a villa with pool...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CottonBayVillage, Director of Sales at Cotton Bay Village, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cotton Bay Village where your Chateaux Mango is waiting patiently for your return.

Regards and see you soon
Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for just one night to be closer to the airport for my return flight and am happy that I booked my other nights somewhere else.

In all fairness, maybe it's just that this type of hotel wasn't what I was looking for. It is very secluded and quiet. Maybe suited for persons who want to get away and want their privacy.
I had a much better time at Coconut Bay Resort and even began to regret not booking the overnight at Bay Gardens Resort like a friend had suggested.

Hotel looked beautiful on the website but reality didn't compare. Rooms need updating, bathroom had some mold, Dryer didnt work and piece of the microwave kept falling off. Didn't make a big deal of it because we were only staying oine night and everyone we came into contact to was so pleasant we didn't want to bother to complain.

The grounds are beautiful - they have lovely manicured outdoor areas.
Pool is a good size but perhaps not the best option for kids as it is 5ft with no shallow areas.

Re location , again , this hotel is very isolated so unless you rent a car or don't mind spendng a fortune in taxis I wouldn't make this my first choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your review,we are sorry to hear that Ctton Bay Village was not what you expected. In saying that we do hope to welcome you in the future should you decide to come for some relaxation. All the best and do have a wonderful week end.

Regards
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I recently travelled back home to visit family with my two boys (7 and 3 months old) and after realising that my original reservation at another resort was not the brightest of ideas due to its location and general seclusion, a close family friend recommended we stay at the Cotton Bay VIllage. It was FABULOUS!!!

Our two bedroom suite was more than accomadating. As an interior designer, I really appreciated all the extra care they took in the overall design of the space. The bedrooms and bathrooms were gorgeous and well equipped, as was the kitchen, which lacked for nothing and made travelling with the kids a whole lot easier - the in house washer/dryer was a god send because of the little one. We also had an awesome back patio complete with a full patio set (great for al fresco dining - who wants to be indoors in such gorgeous weather, right?) as well as two loungers and an umbrella...the PERFECT reading corner!

And the staff...wow!!! I could not say enough! We were so well taken care of family member who came to visit said we were being spoilt!!! I regretted not staying there for the extra four days of my vacation (In fact, I even considered going back...SEVERAL times!) Ginette the, the front desk manager was very sweet and I can't thank her enough for what she did while we stayed there. The staff at the beach club restaurant were professional and attentive. The food was great...I honestly had the same breakfast almost every day of my 10 day stay, cuz it was that good. Fresh bakes and salt fish washed down with some freshly made golden apple juice - where could you go wrong?! The open view of the ocean and fresh breezes didn't hurt either.

Our housekeeper, Alicia, was another sweetheart who took excellent care of us, ensuring that the towels were always stocked and that the suite was clean when we would get back from our daily "limes"- Something I never got used to being the neat freak mom that I am, but that I welcomed nevertheless.

Even my pedicurist was great!!! I was so happy with her services, I dragged my god daughter...she is still raving about her beautiful toenails!

The grounds were beautiful and well kept. I loved taking the stroller and walking about once the sun would go down a bit. The pool area was fabulous and practically in our backyard. My eldest would spend HOURS in the warm water...even the baby loved wading in the toddler area.

Staying at Cotton Bay Village Made my vacation better than I could ever dream. Traveling with young children is never an easy thing...but the facilities and awesome staff made it happen. And I would like to thank them all again!

We will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CottonBayVillage, Director of Sales at Cotton Bay Village, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay and describe what it meant to you. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our village and the beautiful island of St. Lucia sometime.

Kind Regards,
Ginette

Been to Cotton Bay Village? Share your experiences!