“Fab, can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Cheshire
“Fab, can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2007

I stayed at Le Sport last August for the 3rd time and have just booked 2 weeks in September this year. I guess that makes it really obvious that I like it!
The best part for me is that I feel so healthy after each holiday there and also incredibly relaxed.
I do yoga there twice a day with really good instructors. I play tennis every morning with Neil the tennis coach who's very good and patient as I don't actually improve from one year to the next! I really enjoy all the treatments and I do feel that they're as good as the many treatments I have at home.
The food is great particularly in Tao and you can also get lovely salads and smoothies all day in the Deli bar (chocalate and banana - highly recommended!).
The rooms are fine, but if you're expecting 5 star rooms you may be disappointed. There are no flat screens or dvd players so if that's important to you it may be better for you to stay at home and enjoy them!
My partner thinks that the golf course is great although for me it's just a lot of green bits with bumps, holes and sand pits.
You can learn to scuba or sail Hobie Cats and have as active or inactive a holiday as you like.
The staff are lovely, warm, friendly and try really hard to help everyone to have fabulous holidays. It seems though from the tone of some of the reviews that some people just can't be helped!

• Liked — lovely, relaxing, healthy hols!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the hotel. I was single, travelling on my own, but met a great crowd out there. As a man I cannot comment on the staff problems, but the girls I got talking to did not have any problems. I certainly did not see or hear anything untoward.

I found no problem with the rooms, other than they could do with a fridge, but management say that is in hand (only single rooms do not have at present).

The treatments were great, and activities well organised etc. I found the food excellent in all the restaurants. The wine included with meals was also of excellent quality.

At no point in my holiday did I feel pressure to do anything I did not want to, and the ability to try so many activities within the all-inclusive deal was great.

Yes, mosquitos are a problem, but then st Lucia is a tropical island, so they come with the territory. Just take the repellent. They did fumigate the clubhouse one evening to try and minimise the problem.

I guess everyone has there own ideas on what they are looking for, but I for one, will be going back next year.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

Stayed at resort 22 May 2007 for 10 days. Everything was great apart from the room which was very disappointing. We booked a Luxury Ocean Front Room (the locality and view were spot on) but the room was most definately not luxury, i would not rate it any higher than a very average 3 star, which is not acceptable considering the cost of the holiday. It was looking very tired and old fashioned and was in dire need of refurbishment. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The restaurants were excellent, especially Tao - make sure you book up and visit a couple times during your stay, it will be well worth it. There are activities to keep you busy all day long if you so wish, and then there's the spa.............what can i say, i absolutely loved it!! The treatments were fab and the spa area was just so peaceful and relaxing. We had to change a couple of our treatments to fit in with other activities we had booked, but this wasn't a problem for the staff. The hotel was pretty much full when were were there but we found it to be pretty quiet throughout the day and evening with nothing much to disturb you. I would recommend The BodyHoliday at Le Sport, providing you contacted them before booking to ensure the rooms have been redecorated!

Stayed May 2007
London, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

On surface I thought this looked like the perfect place for a relaxing holiday for a woman travelling on her own but don't be fooled by glossy brochures or fancy claims on their web site.

The hotel rooms are at most 3 star and in dire need of refurbishment, the food 2 star with birs in the food being a big problem.

As for sport, I got plenty of exercise trying to get away from sleazy staff who all seemed convinced that me travelling on my own meant | was looking for company (and more). Don't bother trying to complain to management, it will fall on deaf ears.

Glad to be back home so I can put this "holiday" behind me.

Don't go!!!

Stayed June 2007
Crowborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

Hi, We returned on 6th April 07 from Le sport having spent two weeks there. Having never been to the Caribbean before I have nothing to compare it with but some visitors there were on their 12th return!. Overall it was a pleasing stay, plenty to do if you choose to take part, spa treatments were very nice although the hike up the steps to the Oasis was quite exhausting. The food was excellent especially at Cariblue & TAO. The staff were exceptionally efficient & friendly (with the exception of the Spa staff who ranged from chatty to surly). The rooms were a good standard although not as luxurious as I had anticipated & housekeeping did a fantastic job both in the daytime and with their turndown service in the evening.. Entertainment was provided every night and the staff helped getting people dancing, chatting etc. Its a very friendly resort & I would recommend a visit particulary if you want to try new activities such as archery, scuba, Pilates & so much more.... or just relax on a sandy beach with nothing more to do that accept an iced drink from the passing lazy bar service.

Stayed March 2007
Isle of Man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

Just come back from 2 fabulous weeks at the BodyHoliday and I'm wondering if I went to the same spot as some reviewers!

The staff were unfailing courteous and helpful, the spa was brilliant
and the whole relaxing ambience was unbeatable. My room was spotless and the housekeeping staff couldn't do enough for me. There was a wide variety and plenty of good food, well presented and the staff were more than happy to fit round people's particular dietary requirements. It was my first tentative step as a single traveller and I would say to anyone in this position, wondering how to start again - go for it, this is the place! Surprise yourself by learning to salsa or waterski - it really is a positive place.

I will be going back as soon as I can raise the funds - brilliant.

Stayed June 2007
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

We had a great week in Le Sport. There are loads of activites and sports to do if and when you want to (bike rides, water ski lessons, tennis, water aerobics etc). The treatment per day gives you a routine and are a relaxing pampering hour. I thought the food and wine were really good considering it is all inclusive. I usually refuse to do all inclusive and yes this was different - clean, tasty, lots of choice, and the service was excellent.

I am married however went with a single female friend. It was a great place to socialise and meet new people. You can keep to yourself or decide to sit with the others travelling on their own. We made lots of new friends that were still in touch with now. It wasnt sleazy at all. Just a great place to be able to meet other hotel guests if you want to.

Only downside I noticed was the rooms were a little dated and need redecorating. I think they were re-doing them when we were there so it may have changed by now.

• Liked — sociable
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!