Just returned from 10 days at Le Sport with a mixed opinion.
Have travelled round the caribbean and mauritius so was interested to see how this resort would compare having read previous reviews. We booked with Virgin who were very good.
The location is very good with a private beach, plenty of sunbeds and shade, however the sea can be a bit choppy sometimes as it is almost on the atlantic rather than the caribbean so if you want the idylic gentle caribbean beach it isn't here. The hotel is about 1.5 hours from the airport on poor roads so its definately worth considering a helicopter transfer.
We had a deluxe ocean view room which was a good size and comfortable with a good sea view, we had a look in a luxury ocean front room and didn't notice much difference to warrant the extra cost. Considering this is promoted as a luxury resort the rooms are looking very tired with faded paintwork, cracked tiles, worn bed linen etc. the place is taking on an air of shabby charm!
The staff are excellent, helpful and friendly and make this resort.
Food is generally excellent, there are simple but nice lunches in the deli, or the lunch in the main area which was excellent and included a hot pudding every day! Dinner in the main restaurant and the Tao were both excellent and there is also a BBQ most nights at the club house, could not fault the food or staff at all.
There is an extensive programme of activities which is superb with something for everyone, the spa is excellent, normally I wouldn't bother with treatments on holiday but I did enjoy the massage's and other treatments.
Watersports were good with water skiing, hobie cat sailing, windsurfing and canoes, however the staff were a little lacking in experience so if you are a beginner you may struggle a little, if you want to learn to ski make sure you see Joe.
This is probably the most sociable resort I've ever visited, there was a very friendly atmosphere you meet lots of people during the various activities so everyone seems to mix and talk. There were quite a few single travellers here, particularly female and they mixed very well so definately recommended for them. The guests are about 70% brits with the rest U.S or canadian and a few other european.
In general this has been an excellent holiday however this resort does have problems, the rooms and clubhouse area are in desperate need of refurbishment and don't reflect the price you pay, however the most disturbing feature is the constant overbooking, we met many people who had not got the room they had booked or had had to stay somewhere else for all or part of their holiday, there were a number of people on free stays following problems on previous years so this has been going on for some years and is disgraceful, despite the excellent floor staff the senior management / owners must be either incompetent or don't care about their customers despite organising drinks parties and boat trips for returning guests!
Perhaps they are just trying to fill the other hotels they own! and I would suggest they visit the Maritim in Mauritius to see how a hotel should be run.
So be warned, if you book here you may find yourself staying somewhere else! which is a shame as it could be so good here.
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere, Otel, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.