Our 10th visit to this super resort - we feel "at home" as soon as we arrive.
Be prepared for a long drive (1.5 hours) on poor roads from Hewanorra airport to the resort - some road areas remain damaged from Hurricane Thomas - several years ago. The St. Lucian economy is clearly struggling, but the Bodyholiday resort is thriving.
The resort has just refurbished its piano bar, and is completing an outdoor fitness trail. Phased refurbishment of Spa treatment rooms is due to start soon (arguably long overdue). The selection, quality and presentation of food is excellent, with lots of dining options. Inclusive wines are OK, and readily served; the supplemental wine selection is good, but not inexpensive due to high import duty costs. We found the Cariblue Windows dining less impressive then expected - whilst the chef's tasting menu was good, it was let down by the unimaginative choice of crockery on which dishes were served. The Tao restaurant remains excellent - be certain to book in advance. Staff are universally friendly and attentive - helping to create a warm environment. The Oasis Spa treatments maintain a good standard and can be scheduled before you arrive - set up a webroom to request your choice of inclusive treatments (1 50 minute treatment per day). We visited during "Jive June" and enjoyed tuition/classes by Dean Hodgkin and Andrew Cuerden - both very patient, highly competent and energetic guest teachers, who added another dimension to our holiday.
We will definitely return - its a great place to relax, with lots of opportunity to be active in the full programmes posted daily - the range of sports/classes is exceptional.
We stayed in a Grand Luxury Ocean Front Room (our usual choice) - very quiet (apart from the chirping frogs at night), and with superb views.
Could they improve? - yes, by adding more live music during dinner service, and by starting the evening entertainment (live band or DJ) in the Clubhouse earlier in the evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries