“ANOTHER GREAT HOLIDAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

Save Saved
You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Beaconsfield, UK
“ANOTHER GREAT HOLIDAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our 10th visit to this super resort - we feel "at home" as soon as we arrive.
Be prepared for a long drive (1.5 hours) on poor roads from Hewanorra airport to the resort - some road areas remain damaged from Hurricane Thomas - several years ago. The St. Lucian economy is clearly struggling, but the Bodyholiday resort is thriving.
The resort has just refurbished its piano bar, and is completing an outdoor fitness trail. Phased refurbishment of Spa treatment rooms is due to start soon (arguably long overdue). The selection, quality and presentation of food is excellent, with lots of dining options. Inclusive wines are OK, and readily served; the supplemental wine selection is good, but not inexpensive due to high import duty costs. We found the Cariblue Windows dining less impressive then expected - whilst the chef's tasting menu was good, it was let down by the unimaginative choice of crockery on which dishes were served. The Tao restaurant remains excellent - be certain to book in advance. Staff are universally friendly and attentive - helping to create a warm environment. The Oasis Spa treatments maintain a good standard and can be scheduled before you arrive - set up a webroom to request your choice of inclusive treatments (1 50 minute treatment per day). We visited during "Jive June" and enjoyed tuition/classes by Dean Hodgkin and Andrew Cuerden - both very patient, highly competent and energetic guest teachers, who added another dimension to our holiday.
We will definitely return - its a great place to relax, with lots of opportunity to be active in the full programmes posted daily - the range of sports/classes is exceptional.
We stayed in a Grand Luxury Ocean Front Room (our usual choice) - very quiet (apart from the chirping frogs at night), and with superb views.
Could they improve? - yes, by adding more live music during dinner service, and by starting the evening entertainment (live band or DJ) in the Clubhouse earlier in the evenings.

Room Tip: Grand Luxury Ocean Front rooms are quiet and there is no disturbance from the evening music in the c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
worcester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Ahhhhh.....The Bodyholiday....where to start?! What started off amazing slowly got worse as the week went on.

So we arrived after a VERY long journey and were pleasantly greeted with an ice cold drink and a very large smile! We were checked in instantly and treated like royalty on arrival. Our packs and keys for our rooms were all ready to go, no hanging around, no waiting in long check-in queues – a personal service which far exceeded any hotel we have ever stopped in.

The hotel and destination really is for those who want to be away from it, which we did – the location is perfect for this and the relaxation concept is respected by all who stay here.
Needless to say, the beach and the sea and absolutely beautiful and the views are incredible (we even got the once in a lifetime opportunity to see a turtle laying her eggs on the beach!).
The nitty-gritty...

Breakfast at Cariblue Restaurant – outstanding! Everything from Fruit, Caribbean, Continental, Full English – anything you want, they have it here and it was by far the best breakfast at any resort we have ever been too.

However.....evening dinner at the Cariblue leaves much more to be desired. Firstly, there is a set menu – if you don’t like anything on there, you can always pay a $40 supplement to have something else (?!). Secondly, there is a ‘trousers only’ policy – so the one evening, all the men in our party donned their best ‘trousers’ only to find that most of the men dining in the restaurant were wearing shorts! When we went back the second night in smart shorts, our party were asked to go back and change?! Unfortunately, whilst I do respect and believe it is nice once in a while to get dressed up, people are on holiday! I am sure I speak for most when I say that you don’t want to leave England in trousers, then have to spend your evenings on holiday (in 33 degree heat) wearing trousers too?!

Four of our party ordered from the set menu, whilst my mother and I opted for a fillet steak each from the supplemental menu. To start with, they brought the wrong starter out to my father and when he queried it was told ‘this is what you ordered’, when we asked to see the waitresses order, it clearly noted that he had ordered the risotto. Whilst the rest of our starters went cold, his arrived and we finally ate together. Thereafter, we are convinced they had forgotten to order our mains as we then had a 40 minute wait for our meals – we asked on several occasions where our mains were only to be told that they would be with us shortly.

Finally, our two requested ‘well done’ steaks finally came out 10 minutes after the other meals, only to find that when I cut into mine, it was both raw and stone cold on the outside (albeit it did look cooked on the outside). Both mine and my mothers were sent back to the kitchen. Unfortunately, we ended up eating our meals on our own - not ideal on a special family holiday.
We didn’t stay for dessert.

Onsite there is also a Chinese restaurant called the ‘Tao’. My partner and I booked in for the Sunday evening – rated as one of the top restaurants in the world by Conde Nast – I was expecting some BIG things. It is such a shame that a restaurant with such a beautiful vista cannot be truly appreciated. The bay and surrounding hotel grounds are dark and unfortunately, it was like looking out into outer space – you cannot see a thing! The service and food was pleasant – not however sure it warrants the Conde Nast recommendations though!

Few more brief pointers:
• Resort is dark and requires more lighting – be careful when walking around!
• Food in the Clubhouse is always really the same – not really using any imagination
• Music is good for entertainment in the evenings and the pool room is a beautiful and very cool location to enjoy at any time of the day – particularly as a respite from the St Lucian sun!
• This resort, whilst publicised as not hosting children, did to the contrary
• When booking in your all inclusive treatments, make sure that you book early morning slots – we all noticed that the later times you got, the therapists visibly became tired – and this is entirely understandable
• The steps up to the top of the area where all your treatments and gym are etc, is difficult to conquer even for the fittest! If you struggle in any way with your hips or joints etc, I would strongly suggest you reconsider The Bodyholiday
• If your rooms are right at the end of the corridors, you won’t get your room cleaned until about 4.00pm....everyday! On the one day we went back to our hotel room around this time and were told to wait out on our balcony by the cleaner! Not really a five star experience?!
• The resort is very British/American and this makes it easy for a bit of socialising/networking
• We had to rearrange/cancel appointments in the wellbeing facility for a couple of our party, the reception up there are not helpful and very often we had to make the difficult trek up just to confirm our original conversations.

Whilst concierge were quick to collect out luggage from the rooms, there was no one there to help us when our transfer to the airport arrived – we therefore walked into an unlocked and unmanned room, where we could have quite easily taken anyone’s bags – and no one would have known! This is lazy, unsecured and worrying at best.

Finally, after asking all week – two days before we were due to fly back to the UK, I asked for final clarification whether we could have a late checkout of 2.00pm (bearing in mind that I had already been told that no one else was due to check into our FOUR separate rooms until 5.00pm). The answer was a flat out ‘no’ – not even for one room, so that six people could travel 10 hours in comfort and being clean – not even without offering to pay the standard $80 charge. I headed back to my family to tell them the bad news (my mother has had a hip operation and my father has previously not been well – they wanted to get ready for the flight home in their own space and time, not communal facilities)– and this really put a dampener on the end of the holiday.

Would we visit St Lucia again? Yes! The island is beautiful and the people are at most times, very friendly and efficient. Would we visit the Bodyholiday again? Doubtful.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled in paying extra for the 'Ocean Front' rooms - out of four rooms, only on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
General-Managers1, General Manager at The BodyHoliday, LeSport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. Although, some aspects of your holiday were favourable we are sorry you felt you had cause for complaint. I would have loved to discuss any issues that you may have had as we always like the opportunity to sort them out as and when they occur.

Although the walk to the wellness centre serves as good exercise for some guests, we are conscious of the fact the stairs leading to the wellness centre could be a challenge to some and have systems in place for guests who are unable to traverse such a route. We offer complimentary shuttle service to all guests desirous of opting for this service and encourage them to make use of it.

The BodyHoliday generally has a minimum-age policy which is 16 years and over and is lowered to 12 years at special times of the year. In fact, among the themed month experiences that we offer, there is WellFit Families designed for families to partake in activities to help create a sense of cohesion and family spirit.

It is with great concern that I read that you did not experience the high standards we aim to provide and your dining experience was less than stellar.

I apologise again for the experience you have described and would like very much to hear from you. Please email me at stephen@thebodyholiday.com so that your concerns can be discussed in greater detail.

I hope this experience has not left an indelible mark and you will consider a return visit to The BodyHoliday.

Warm regards,

Stephen Husbands
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

There are not many places in the world where one can go and feel instantly welcome and at home especially if travelling alone like I have. The Body Holiday Le Sport is one such place. This adults only resort offers an unparalleled variety of health, leisure and sport for people of all walks of life whether young old, fit or unfit, couples or singles. I dislike holidays that just involve lying in the sun or looking at old buildings the entire time. So when hearing about TBH I had to come and check it out.

Their ethos is one of friendliness and exceptional service hence I experienced nothing but happy, friendly faces who remember your name and your favourite drink at the bar. This ethos then carries through to the guests who have been the loveliest bunch of people and as a result I have made some amazing friends during my stay. They have a 80% guest return rate which is not surprising.

This 5* resort is no way pretentious but has warm soul that allows you to be yourself whether you choose the healthy fit self or the lazy naughty self or a combination of the two. You can be as involved as you want and you definitely get out what you put in here.

I have been here during the JIVE JUNE month which is a month dedicated to all types of dance from Zumba to Argentine Tango and everything in between. It has been a great way to drop into classes with no obligation or pressure and have a taste of all the different styles in one place.

The daily complimentary spa treatments are all wonderful and a real treat each day.

I cannot recommend this place enough almost to the point I would really like to keep it all to myself :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I went to Le Sport in May this year amd had afew reservations as i am disabled and have weight issues but i should not have been concerned The staff , the location, the food, the spa, the pools the beach all are exceptional and they couldnt do enough for me. they even layed on a car to take me to the spa every morning as i couldnt walk up the hill to the wellness centre.
I will be going back every year from now on.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have just returned from our perfect 2 week honeymoon at The BodyHoliday. A recommendation from a friend who visited in 2013 and we couldn't be happier that we chose to stay there for our trip. It really is spectacular. Every member of staff is polite, friendly and helpful. The choice of activities and food really is remarkable and the quality excellent. Tao is beautiful. Our 4 poster room had a perfect ocean view and was immaculate. The little extras that they added to for our honeymoon really were appreciated. The daily spa treatments really are indulgent and the view from the spa is stunning. Finishing a spa treatment with afternoon tea on the beach was a pretty prefect way to ease into the evening. Somewhat reluctantly we left the resort for 1 day to climb Le Gros Piton which (subject to fitness levels as it is a hard vertical climb) we would highly recommend. Darnel from BodyHoliday was an excellent driver and friendly, knowledgeable guide given the windy roads and long distance. Most of the people we met at the resort have visited a number of times. I understand why. There is as little or as much as you would ever want to do on holiday. We can't wait to go back. Nowhere else compares. Thank you to everyone at The BodyHoliday. Your hard-work really didn't go unoticed. x

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the ocean view. It really is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I booked an anniversary vacation to The BodyHoliday for May and later discovered that we were expecting a baby! We decided to keep our travel plans and have this trip also serve as our babymoon. We'd read a lot of reviews and done a lot of research about the resort being pregnancy-friendly, so we felt confident that it would be a relaxing and rewarding experience for me at five months pregnant.

So first off, the resort is about a 90-minute drive from the airport. We ended up hiring a private driver and highly recommend that method of transportation. There are shuttle buses, but because the resort is at the tip top of the island, the BodyHoliday is the last stop and who knows how much time you're likely to add onto an already long ride. There are also helicopters that take you to the resort, but you still need to take a car about 30 minutes to the next airport over, so it doesn't seem the most convenient method of transportation.

The resort is absolutely beautiful. The beach is pristine and the pools are wonderful. We booked an ocean-view junior suite and we LOVED it. We spent lots of time on our terrace and had an amazing view each day of the stunning sunset. The cleaning staff is wonderful and SUPER efficient. They always seemed to know when we were leaving the room- we would leave in the mornings for breakfast/spa services/beach time and come back in the afternoons to nap and freshen up to find the room totally serviced and spotless. Then we would go out to dinner and come back to find the bed turned down with tea and cookies on the bed. Every time we passed a hotel employee, they would greet us with a smile. It's a very friendly resort! Each room also comes with a "pillow menu," and I'd been sleeping with a pregnancy pillow, so I ordered three different kinds of pillows and slept very soundly.

When we stayed in mid-May, we were told that the resort was at 80% capacity, and it was not crowded at ALL. We never had a problem getting a beach chair with an umbrella or even lounging in a pool side cabana (which are first come-first serve and totally free). If you want a drink or a snack, you just raise a little red flag and an employee will come by to take your order. Being at an all-inclusive is so relaxing in this way- you NEVER have to think about your wallet!

So the food: The food is WONDERFUL. There are so many organic, healthy options at every meal. And there is also the yummy and satisfying "comfort food" of desserts, fried chicken, BBQ, and even pizza and hot dogs. There's really something for everyone. Most of our breakfasts and lunches were spent at the buffet restaurant, Cariblue. The buffet had a different theme every day: Mediterranean, French, Caribbean, etc. There is also a buffet near the beach that had simpler options (the aforementioned pizzas, wraps, salads, etc). There is also a cafe that is open until 4pm, so if you get hungry in between meals (and what pregnant lady doesn't?), you have lots of yummy salads, sandwiches, snacks, and smoothies to keep you satiated. You may also order breakfast in bed, which I did for two of the days. It includes fresh fruit and an assortment of pastries, as well as tea or coffee (and they do have decaf).

There are two reservation-only restaurants on site, Tao and Cariblue Windows. You may make two reservations before you arrive on the island, so we made one at each restaurant. We ate at Tao first and were BLOWN AWAY. The restaurant itself was gorgeous and the staff were very very very professional and accommodating. They gave us a special table for our anniversary and as soon as they found out that I was pregnant, they sent the chef out to answer any questions that I may have had about the menu, and they offered to make any changes that I needed and/or create something not included on the menu to keep the pregnant lady happy. There were plenty of options ON the menu for me, and I was indeed a very happy pregnant lady. The chocolate cake is NOT to be missed! We loved Tao so much that we made another reservation for our final evening.

Cariblue Windows was very disappointing, especially compared to Tao. The menu seemed a hodge podge of afterthought, and the staff seemed very scrambled and rushed. One employee was actually talking to himself giving himself corrections on the spot ("Oh no, I'm supposed to clear from this side and serve from this side....") I felt bad for him. There were several raw courses on the menu, including sashimi, and their solution for the pregnant lady was to cook the heck out of the sashimi grade salmon and not give me the shrimp (which I could have actually eaten) and it was just... bad. The fellow diners around us looked as unimpressed and grumpy as we did. My husband and I were not really enjoying the food, or the 40 minutes between courses, so we actually ended up leaving.... and going back to Tao, where they squeezed us in! So we ended up eating at Tao three times! We peeked into Windows another night to check out the menu to see if perhaps we were just there on an off-night, but that night's menu looked just as random as ours. So I would say it's safe to skip that place and just make both of your reservations at Tao. :)

The resort also serves afternoon tea from 4-6pm every day, which is delicious. They will even make you a decaf frappucino to go with your finger sandwiches and pastries!

So LOTS of great food to make up for the fact that you can't imbibe in their fruity cocktails, which can all be made into mocktails. Their virgin drink options seemed very sugary or more smoothie-like, so I ended up ordering ginger ale with lime whenever I wanted something other than water. I'd love for them to come up with more thoughtful mocktails in the future!

SO.... the SPA.... which is the main reason that people stay at the BodyHoliday. To have an all-inclusive that includes a daily spa service is a GENIUS idea. The spa itself is absolutely stunning..... but it is a HIKE to get there. It is hot and there are a million steps and I will admit that I found it a CHALLENGE to get there every day. Be sure to give yourself extra time to get up there. You will DEFINITELY need a spa treatment after that climb! The fitness center is also part of the spa. They have a few ellipticals and treadmills and free weights, but honestly I never felt like working out after that climb. I used that gym maybe twice.

You book all of your services before you arrive on the island and you receive an itinerary of your scheduled services when you check-in. Be sure to double check your itinerary! My husband had two errors on his and didn't notice until the morning of his first treatment! You also have to fill out a form listing any injuries/conditions, which of course includes pregnancy. I thought that this form would be collected on the first day and shared with all of my scheduled therapists. Nope. You keep it with you and show your therapist at the start of your treatment. So most of my treatments started with a very surprised looking therapist ill-prepared for a pregnant lady. Because I was past the point in my pregnancy that I could lay flat on my back, most of my treatments started late as therapists scrambled to find towels to put under my head to keep me elevated. It wasn't always the most comfortable or conducive to relaxation. I really hope that the resort changes this policy and makes sure that all therapists are prepared for injuries/conditions in advance. It was always a frustrating way to start a treatment. The only exception to this is the prenatal massage, which of course the therapists expect you to be pregnant for. I had this service scheduled twice- for my first and last days. The first therapist didn't seem to have much experience with prenatal massage and I was made to hold myself up in awkward positions for most of the time. My second therapist was a dream and actually used the proper amount of pillows/towels to keep me propped up/comfortable the whole time.

My husband was getting a men's grooming session in the indoor part of the spa, where they seem to do most of the extra services not included as part of the all-inclusive package. I went in to say hi and the woman doing his foot scrub luckily advised me to upgrade to the mama-to-be facial instead of the regular facial I'd had scheduled as part of the package. She said the products are chemical-free and they use steam, which is great for that crazy hormonal pregnancy skin. The receptionist helped me make the change to my schedule and I am SO GLAD I listened to her! It was by far the best treatment I had during my stay and just seemed to have so much more thought and care put into it when compared to the included services. The technician was very skilled and did an AMAZING job- my skin was so so so happy and grateful. My husband also upgraded one of his services and agreed that the not-included spa treatments were far superior to the ones included in the all-inclusive package.

There was one service that I had to cancel on the spot- the coconut lime scrub. I walked over to the treatment room and it was a bunch of those massage chairs you see at the mall- with your belly up against the back of the chair and your face in the donut hole. And the therapists were pounding on their backs. I walked back to the reception desk and let them know that I couldn't sit in that chair and they switched me to a hand and foot massage instead. So I had another treatment start late as they scrambled to get enough towels to prop under my head, but in the end it was relaxing. I only wish there was more advance communication with the spa when a customer is pregnant. It would have saved a lot of hassle. I was tempted to bring one of the giant comfy pillows from my room up to the spa with me every day, but then I would think of carrying it up those stairs.....

This lapse in communication is the only reason that I give the resort 4 stars instead of 5, and I think it's an easy fix. I would have also liked more pregnancy-friendly activity options (although prenatal yoga is listed in the brochure, there were no offered classes while I was there, which is understandable since I only saw one other pregnant lady the entire time I was there), but with the dozens of daily activities they have scheduled every day, I understand that they already have their hands full with the dawn-dusk offerings as varied as archery, golf, and zumba.

So all in all, it was very very relaxing and a wonderful babymoon. We never felt the need to leave the resort. There is such a wide variety of food and activities every day. A great resort for the health-conscious and the health conscious pregnant people. :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have just come back from a trip to The Body Holiday in St Lucia. I've been home just a few hours and I am climbing the walls to get back. I was rather emotional when i left. I feel like I have been utterly spoilt and made to feel very special by not only the staff but other guests as well. After having a stressful few months I made the trip TBH by myself. There are many solo travellers there and you are not made to feel uncomfortable at all. The place is not only clean and comfortable but also beautiful. Food is very good and there is such a variety to choose from... Something for everyone. The staff are friendly, approachable and very accommodating. Nothing is too much trouble. Plenty of activities to do ... Spoilt for choice and you know you are in safe hands with the water sports. The treatments included in the package are wonderful and the therapists are all professionally trained along with the sports instructors. I paid for extra treatments and can highly recommend Yasmin who gave me a steam facial... She is brilliant and very entertaining. Felix the personal trainer is a real character and is very encouraging if you want personal training sessions. I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is but just believe me when I say you will LOVE it!!!! I'm already looking into booking my next trip for this year!
A note to the management "your staff are a credit to you and your company. Thank you once again for a fantastic holiday"!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!