I have been meaning to do this for a long time.... Spent March break at this property last year and had the most wonderful vacation ever. My sister and I went for my birthday. I have looked at this hotel many times but have been unable to afford it but this time we got an early booking deal that made it possible.
This property is not new but is well-kept and comfortable. The second floor room we had overlooked the ocean and the view was beautiful. Order room service and listen to the waves in the morning.
If you wish to be active, you can fill your days with a wide variety of activities including yoga, aqua fit, golf etc.( 6 am. to 6 pm.) The aqua fit was actually an excellent workout which is very unusual in resorts. The staff is well trained, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about their activity.
Five spa treatments are included and all of the services were excellent -- better than most I have had in Toronto. We booked at the end of the day so we could relax with a drink in our robes at the bar after and watch the sun set.
FOOD - was excellent and we ate in the gourmet restaurant twice during our stay. The main dining room was also excellent. The small sandwich bar on the beach served a great variety of things for lunch and snacks (try the smoothies). My only disappointment was that lobster etc. had an upcharge which I thought was unreasonable considering the cost of the resort.
STAFF - The staff were very accomodating and friendly always. It was such a nice treat as each guest seemed to be special. Great work!
TRIPS - We took a cab into the local town and other than a few stores and a marina there was nothing much to see. There were some nice restaurants in town but in the scheme of things, we would have preferred to stay at the hotel and enjoy the activities. If you are there for two weeks maybe a trip to Castries would be more interesting.
I was quite impressed with the number of single people at the resort. The management arranged to have a communal table if people wanted to mingle, which I thougth was exceptional.
Overall, this was an exceptional holiday and I highly recommend this resort.
TRANSPORTATION - to the resort in a 10 seater van was excellent and we stopped at some of the lookout points at the top of the mountains to view the water below. The trip back was terrible in an older bus that stopped at a variety of resorts and went very slowly up all the hills, I often wondered if we were going to make it!! It took over 2 hours. The bends and hills are not good for people who suffer from motion sickness. My sister barely made it to the airport and I was feeding her gravol. Smaller vehicles would make a much more comfortable ride.
I would definitely go here again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries