“Is going back a mistake ???” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Bangor, Northern Ireland
“Is going back a mistake ???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am a very curious traveller . I never , ever return anywhere - there are just too many new places to see in this wonderful world ! and sometimes , things aren't just as good as the first time either... are they??
So why , in October, did I find myself returning , within a year, to the Bodyholiday ?
Because I wanted my family , 2 adult kids to experience this place !
It is perfect for family groups - so much to do , you can all do your own thing ,and meet up on the beach or restaurants between classes,spa treatments or sports.
The tuition , especially Neil in tennis , is fabulous . I loved the " octoba yoga " special classes" - sunset yoga at Pigeon Island was just wonderful .
The food is terrific - you can be just as healthy , or naughty , as you chose ! just a pity it is so hard to get reservations for Tao .
We went for 3 single rooms this time - No single supplement is a wonderful perk to this place - no one wanted to share with MUM ( well , they are 23 and 26 now !!! ) and I was pleased to see that the singles were just as nice as the lovely ocean view room I had previously .
My only niggles this time were - a few of the staff were a bit ( or a lot ) short of the mark .
For example , on arrival , at the "Welcome pavillion " , the lady fell very far short of being welcoming !!! In fact she was downright rude , when I questioned receiving 2 keys for our 3 rooms . She then shouted at the arriving group about what they could expect at the resort . I feel she was out of her depth and most off putting after a long journey .We also came across a waitress who was very off hand and a few unenthusiastic beauticians . But these were the rarity, - everyone else was so helpful and really went out of their way to ensure that We had a wonderful week .The " bodyguards " in particular really try hard to make sure everyone is pushed in their classes, and relaxing and having fun later !
This is a great holiday - you really do return home feeling fitter, relaxed , rested , with new resolutions to pursue revisited sports ....and , yes , to return at the earliest opportunity !!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a sea view in the singles block . Bring mossie protection in the rainy season!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

If you want great food, great spa treatments, great activities and great R&R this is the place to go. Careful it's so good you will want to go back it is brilliantly addictive. As a tip get up early and take one of the walks and book Tao early on in your stay you will go back.

• Stayed May 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have just returned from an amazing week here and I am already planning my next trip. The last time I was here was in 2010 so before the refurbishment and the changes that have been made - which were overdue - have made a huge difference. I agree the rooms (or some of them) are getting quite tired and dated but that didn't bother me.

As everyone else has said, the staff are wonderful and they cannot do enough for you. My inclusive spa treatments were all pretty good except for the massage on my last day and, had I been staying on, I would have asked not to have that particular therapist again or at least given some feedback.

But it is the friendly, relaxed atmosphere which makes this place so special and unique and it is why so many people return time and time again.

So why haven't I rated it 5/5? For me, the front desk/concierge really let the place down this time with their attitude and service. They were off hand and dismissive in stark contrast to everyone else when they are surely supposed to set the high standard. The main issue (although there were a few others) was that my arrival was marred because I was told in a very off-hand manner that I couldn't have my room that night and I was being downgraded to a basic single room and would have to move the next day. This was blamed on my travel agent which was simply not true.That said, this issue was resolved later on in the week when I met with the manager and I was 100% happy with his attention, explanation and apology. So thankyou Stephen.

As everyone else says, spoil yourself and just go! I am going back in April. Unless I win the lottery tonight in which case I will go back next week!

Room Tip: Solo travellers, the single rooms are absolutely fine (I was in one for the first night) the only ne...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

2nd time to the resort and other than a bumpy start of waiting for room for a two hours it didn't disappoint after that...

highlights
Great sports area - Joe and the team are superb
Staff friendly all over the hotel, very personal approach
SPA - excellent led by Kearl she is very thoughtful
daily activities - tried most of them from Yoga to Tai Chi and good quality of instructors
I also went solo, and managed to meet people on the singles table every night.. everyone is very friendly

overall it's a superb balance, and relaxing holiday - a must try

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my second visit (first one was 19 years ago) and my husband's first. I have raved about Le Sport since I went there in 1994, and was delighted that the experience this time was as good as I remembered. It is not (as another reviewer has also said) a 7 star luxury resort, and there are some very minor niggles, but these did not spoil our holiday in the least.
To get some of the negatives out of the way - the shower in our room leaked. We put a rolled up towel by the shower door, and this stopped the floor getting wet. The towels are replaced twice a day, so the inconvenience was not even worth reporting.
Since my last visit, they have introduced supplementary (additional cost) treatments and menu options. I would prefer this not to be the case, given that guests have already spent a considerable sum of money for their stay, but again, not enough of a gripe to be a serious detraction.
The range of activities is amazing. My only feedback on this is that it would be good if the timings of some of the classes varied during the week. I wanted to have a leisurely morning most days, which meant that most of the beginners / lower impact classes weren't available, being early morning (9 am or earlier).
My main feedback to the management (if they read these reviews) is that the range (not the quality, which is excellent) of food in the evening is a little disappointing. Windows provides a very small menu unless you opt for the $85 menu, Cariblue and Tao only have have a small menu (again unless you opt for the supplementary cost options) and the buffet options aren't very exciting (in any case, having had buffet breakfast and lunch, I prefer to be waited on in the evening)
I have to say though that none of this worried me at the time or spoiled our holiday. On arrival, the staff greet you with a cool towel and iced drink, and from there on the staff can't do enough to help. Fresh beach towels are available throughout the day, drinks are served direct to your sun lounger (and there was never a shortage of these), and food of some sort is available constantly.
We stayed in an Ocean View room on the 4th floor. Perfect for watching the sun set over the ocean.
You can make this holiday as active or as leisurely as you like. It's perfect if you and your partner have different requirements - one can go to the gym or go sailing while the other settles down with a good book or simply watches the world go by with one of the many cocktails on offer.
One tip - use the hotel's website to plan your inclusive treatments before you go.
We opted for helicopter transfers both ways, and were very glad we did. The Canadian pilot on the return journey made the additional cost worthwhile, very entertaining!
Finally, be prepared for mossie / sandfly bites. If you are susceptible you WILL be bitten.
We loved this holiday, and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view if you can. It's worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from top class week at this fantastic resort.The staff that met us on arrival were first class and the service continued at this level all week.The sports/watersports were just superb and available throughout the day which kept me amused.The daily treatments available were fantastic and we both have arrived home to return as early as we can next year.A special mention has to go to Germaine who is a great member of your team and went to great lengths to make our stay a memorable one.
David and Lucy
We will see you soon

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at LeSport about 17 years ago for our honeymoon. The property was still "developing" at the time, but it was still one of the nicest - and most relaxing - vacations ever. The daily treatments kept us in a noodle-like mode, and the food was excellent, especially for a Caribbean resort. We liked that it was small(er), and therefore more relaxing and intimate.

Can't wait to go back and see the "new" LeSport! All the other reviews fortify my own review.

btw, the review site wouldn't let me choose a date prior to Dec 2012, but again, it was 17 years since we attended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!