“The best all-inclusive resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Anchorage, Alaska
“The best all-inclusive resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you are looking for an all-inclusive resort, you have found it. Included with your reservation is a daily spa treatment that you can book on-line before you leave your home. I started with a body scrub, then a wrap, then alternated between a massage and facial the rest of the days I was there. Also included was my beach Scuba dive, sea kayaking, snorkeling, day sailing, sunset yoga, and Friday night sunset cruise on the resort boat. This is a great resort for activities, or relaxing. There are no children allowed, so there is no worry about having kids screaming across the beach or pool. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The food provided is a la carte, except the breakfast buffet in the morning. This is truly a first class holiday!

Room Tip: There are tree frogs that like to chirp at night. Getting a room closer to the check-in is a little...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just back from trip number six in the last four years and LeSPORT simply gets better and better.

Facilities are incredible, food is spectacular and the staff are truly beyond amazing.

Well done BodyHoliday on figuring out the winning formula.

If you're researching The BodyHoliday/LeSPORT, just go ahead and book it. You won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I just spent 10 days at LeSport and without doubt it's one of the best holidays I have had.
It's no secret its not cheap and before we left home I wondered whether we had made a huge expensive mistake. But in this case we came away feeling we had really got alot for our money and would have no hesitation recommending it!

We booked all our treatments in advance, meant we were able to get either the 12pm or 5pm slots we wanted to work around the activities we planned to do. The treatments are lovely, and to have one included every day is just heaven!

We took a helicopter from the airport to the resort - an absolutely stunning and amazing way to start our special holiday. Also means you don't get stuck in the traffic as it takes 1.5hrs in private taxi or about 2.5hrs in a bus by the time they make other drops on the way.

We decided to upgrade to an Ocean View Deluxe room. The sea was right outside the door almost but on the downside the enormous palm tree outside meant no ocean view! But to be honest we were out of the room from 7am till sunset anyway so it really didn't matter. I think most of the rooms have a good view.

On the food front you cannot be disappointed. The Pavillion and Cariblue dont need a reservation. Windows and Tao do and you should try to book before you arrive as everyone wants to eat at them! There is alot of hype about Tao but we ended up favouring Windows we ate in there four nights and loved every minute. Bernice and her team really take time to look after their dinner guests and are one of the main reasons we kept going back. Most of the guests are obviously sporty and the food selection offers healthy choices as well as naughty choices, everything was delicious. Oh and the cocktails are all fab too!

Overall EVERYONE we met at LeSport wanted to make our holiday special. Nothing was too much trouble from the reception through to the beach and restaurant staff it really was a pleasant experience. They spoil you on the boeach...cold towels brought to you twice a day, Pimms brought round twice a day, I even had someone offer to clean my sunglasses! Lovely friendly, happy and smiling staff, it made such a difference to the holiday. Jeremy at the front desk went out of his way to take care of us, such a generous person.

As a sea lover, I spent most of my time at the watersports desk. Sailing, tubing, kayaking, waterskiing, snorkelling, kayaking and paddle boarding. I did it all and all the equipment is really top notch. Nothing was too much trouble for them and Mr Gasper and Davidson were always on hand sorting everything out along with the boat drivers Eric and Joe, really friendly guys.

Overall we really enjoyed our trip and would happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room for the better view
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went to LeSport with my boyfriend for 1 week over my 30th birthday earlier this month and had one of the best holidays I can remember. Despite the fact that I had very high expectations and was looking forward to it for so long I was still bowled over by the place. One of the things that stood out the most was the professional and friendly quality of the staff. They were fantastic. I absolutely loved the mountain of activities too: spinning in the tree house before dinner, doing yoga after breakfast, waterskiing in the afternoon. The food was very good as well, particularly in Tao, and the lovely touches of the smoothie bar and the delicious all day fudge and cupcakes, not to mention the afternoon icecreams, all added to the special spoiling feel. The rooms have been redone to a lovely standard. I cannot wait to go back. Thank you LeSport! :)

Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent one week at Le Sport in October so that we could be there for the 'Octoba Yoga'. We have been all inclusive before but have never enjoyed food as consistently well prepared and presented as we found here. All four eating experiences were very good and the offerings in the Cariblue Windows and Tao Restaurant were well worth booking up for. We were disappointed with the red wine offered, but the white was fine.

This is an activity based resort and is definitely not for people with any mobility issues due to the number of flights of stairs that will be found. The climb up to the Wellness Centre for the inclusive daily treatments was a workout in itself in the midday heat, another reviewer has said there are 100 steps up the hill and it certainly felt like it by the time I got up there. The treatments vary from facials to full body massage and are generally of an average tourist standard. If you want something more specific or an intensive sports massage, you will need to find between US$100 or US$150 depending on the upgrade required. We thought the cost to be unnecessarily expensive so stayed with the inclusive treatment.

We had a deluxe ocean view room which was nicely positioned one level above the beach, but the view was screened by the palm trees. The standard rooms are higher up and get unobstructed views of the bay. The room furnishings were all dark timber and appeared tired. There was a huge bed which was very comfortable but the pillows were very firm and too thick for my liking and gave me a sore neck. There is tea and coffee in the room, an empty mini bar, radio with ipod dock and no TV set.

The bathroom was a good size but the outer door does not close and the toilet is positioned behind a frosted glass partition within the bathroom which may not suit those who prefer a little privacy while on the toilet.

The list of available inclusive activities is exhaustive and it is possible to receive instruction in archery, golf, sailing, scuba diving, water skiing, snorkelling plus guided walks, pool sports, beach volley ball, yoga, pilates and a fully equipped gym. Activities start at 6.30am and generally finish at 6.00pm. This resort is not where you go to have a lay by the beach vacation, although you can if you want to and this is the secret of this place ; do as much or as little as you want to.

The beach was plenty large enough with lots of sunbeds to be found at all times of the day by the sea or by the three pools, even with the hotel fully booked during our stay. There are towels provided plus the waiter drinks service which was very efficient.

This resort offers a unique experience and I can understand now why so many guests return. One couple were on visit number 16 and were already planning another visit in Feb 2014. We were physically tired but mentally rested at the end of our stay and this, for us, was a first. Will we come again ? YES, YES, YES !

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was my first time to go to an all-inclusive so I was rather anxious about the trip considering some horrific stories I've heard from others regarding all-inclusive trips in general. I also obsessively read through reviews here on Tripadvisor, specifically regarding The BodyHoliday, which dismayed me with some of the negative reviews I've seen. I was also highly sceptical with the large number of 4/5 star glowing reviews. I thought perhaps those were fake, so I took them with a grain of salt. Despite my concerns, my experience was fantastic overall and I would definitely return to this resort.

Room: We had the grand ocean luxury front room which had a view of the beach. The room itself isn't something I'd rate as a 4 or 5-star room, aesthetically speaking. It was clean and the bed was comfortable, which, I suppose, is sufficient. However, I wish they had the shower enclosed because the water would spray everywhere. This might cause accidents with people slipping on the tiled floor. This room had air conditioning which kept the room cool.

Food: Food was excellent. They had a buffet breakfast at Cariblue. Lunches at Cariblue and the Grill (both buffet style). Then in the evenings, there are 4 options for meals being an a la carte dinner at Cariblue, buffet at the Grill, tasting menu at Windows and a la carte dinner at Tao. Cariblue and the Grill don't require reservations, whereas Windows and Tao do. During the day sandwiches, salads, wraps, pastries, smoothies, juices are available from the Deli. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage were available all day long from the bar. They also serve afternoon tea at the Grill.

I echo the sentiments of some of the reviewers in that I wish they used real fruit for their smoothies rather than concentrate. And as an aside, my husband would like me to mention once again his request for coconuts and coconut water to be available.

Activities: There are so many activities to choose from ranging from water sports to golf, archery, tennis, fencing, yoga and a variety of exercise classes. Admittedly, I only did a few of them since I spent most of my time on the beach. My husband did a number of water sports and played beach volleyball on a daily basis with other guests. If you're afraid of being bored at this place, you won't be!

Beach: The beach was quite lovely. It's not a huge stretch but it was sufficient. I didn't find it crowded at all. I was able to find a seat at any time of day. I liked the red flags that signify you require assistance from the staff whether it was getting towels, opening the umbrella or fetching drinks.

Spa service: Loved this! This was the main draw for me when I chose this resort. For the week's stay, we received 5 sessions of spa services. They had a variety such as facials and hydrotherapy but we opted for the massages.

Staff: The staff from maintenance/security to the activities teachers to the food service and spa service staff were all friendly, courteous and did their jobs well. Special thanks to Mindy for the lovely service on the beach. To Davidson, Jermaine and Ron for taking care of me and my friends at the street party even though they were not officially working. To Little Nick and Big Nick for indulging us with the drinks and having a great time with us.

Travel from/to airport: We took the helicopter to the resort. What a wonderful experience. Based on other reviews, I was wary about the travel between the airport and the resort so I booked another helicopter ride back to the airport. Some of the previous reviews spoke about the horrid roads and the long drive. I cancelled our helicopter ride back and opted to ride with our friends in a taxi. The ride was great. We left the resort shortly after 12:30pm and arrived at the airport a few minutes before 2pm. The drive was comfortable, so when we return we will avail of the taxi instead.

Some other miscellaneous comments I have:

- Others posted about the noise of the frogs at night which made sleeping difficult. I brought ear plugs with me although I never used it. I heard the frogs but they were no trouble at all. I slept through them with no problems (I also suffer from insomnia but had no sleeping problems during my stay).

- Bring some sort of mosquito repellent.

- I wasn't terribly affected by this but I was informed that the room below us experienced leaks from our air conditioning and bathroom. I felt terrible for those people. It turns out that the air conditioner was clogged and also that the tiles in the bath were not sealed properly (or something to that effect), hence the leak. I would recommend to BodyHoliday to perhaps have some sort of routine maintenance to ensure this doesn't happen to keep your guests experience on the pleasant side.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wonderful food - great activities -you can be as busy as you want to be or just relax by the pool or beach -enjoyed meeting people from all over the world -many repeat guests -and everyone very friendly. We were there during SOLO month -and I can really see someone traveling alone would really enjoy this resort. Rooms were a little small but well appointed. I noticed several reviews mentioning the air conditioning -which we had some issues with as well -but staff was prompt to respond. The hour and 1/2 drive from the airport was not great and many guests we spoke to had taken helicopter -so might certainly go that route. Overall -a great stay and beautiful property!

Room Tip: Deluxe oceanfront -had beautiful view and balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
East Winds Inn
#1 of 17 in Gros Islet
5.0 of 5 stars 610 reviews
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!