At what point do minor irritations spoil the holiday? The BH is an exceptional facility, the hotel has invested in a remarkable programme of sporting activities and a wellness programme. This includes a daily comp massage or treatment and a host of water sports including water skiing, intro to scuba, sailing, snorkelling and just so much more. The website in fact does not do justice to what is available. We never felt crowded as so much is taking place all over the resort. The beach area and sea sports truly outstanding. The three swimming pools are small but again at no point a problem and the sea a perfect temp. We found the food in the grill outstanding. It was if the chefs cooked for you personally more so because as a family we eat early having done sporting activity through the day. On tap soft drinks, happily served anywhere and I mean literally anywhere including on floats out at sea involving the waiters swimming to deliver. The majority of the team were truly outstanding but there were one or two people who let the hotel down for no obvious reason. Perhaps just a bad day. The hotel has not invested in their rooms but they are adequate but less than other Caribbean 5 star properties and way below those of the Persian Gulf and Far East. The A/C is just not good enough and there are few places to escape the humidity which I did find a little difficult though the others did not. We did not mind an absence of room technology but free wi fi is a reasonable substitute. Given the amount of sport we did use the laundry and I considered this expensive but a good service. Our private transfer on arriving was not smooth but not sure if this was BA or the hotel who had not added a 5th person to the 4 who initially booked. Either way the hotel rep at the airport was woeful! St Lucia itself is a great island matched by super people. We all climbed the Gros Piton, most difficult thing I have ever undertaken but the younger members found it straight forward. There are other trips such as The Sulphur pits and museum, diamond falls and all kinds of nature trails and off road activities to suit all tastes and ages. The hotel organised two wonderful personalised day trips for us and they should offer more of these. We actually encountered more than 100 dolphins who surrounded the boat on the second trip, truly memorable.
Overall - a brilliant trip and 2 weeks flew. In answer to my own question, minor irritations can spoil but not here where the positives just overwhelm anything negative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries