“A wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

Save Saved
You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Concord
“A wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Arrived at the hotel after a 1 1/2 hour drive, greeted by sparkling wine and friendly staff.
Within minutes we were escorted to our ocean view room, simple and clean. Right away to get the feeling of comfort, safety and home. we immediately dropped our luggage off, unpacked a little and off we were to explore the resort. wow, just beautiful.
I could go on and on ...but in short, the staff was just wonderful and accommodating, always friendly and helpful. The beach and the water was fantastic, always a shady place to find and lots of fish to see while snorkeling. Now the best, they have an activity board (or a booklet) of daily activities, some you need to preregister for, they were all amazing and we took full advantage. I learned how to golf ( the best teacher) learned how to play tennis (again an amazing teacher) the yoga was fantastic (thanks Samantha and Catherine) . then there was the daily spa treatments, so wonderful, I found it a great way to end the day of fun activities. the most wonderful experience and memorable was the trip to Pigeon Island to do yoga, thanks Catherine and other staff for this special time.
The food was good enough, there was always something healthy to choose from.
Now the only down side, and it's not enough to prohibit me from visiting again, the beds and pillows were not terribly comfortable, did not get much sleep due to this. As I said, a small inconvenience and something I will overlook since everything else about this resort is so wonderful. I would 100% recommend this resort to anyone, especially if you are the active type like we are. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
epsom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have never written a review before but felt compelled to this time as I checked on this site continuously before booking (& after) & found it a big help

If you are umming & aahing over this hotel, don't! Just book it. Best holiday ever.

I really can't fault anything. There are activities from 6am in the morning until 7pm at night. You can be as active as you like or as lazy as you like. We tried everything from keep fit classes to archery to sailing to tubing to golf. We also just spent days on the beach watching the water sports guys doing their jobs. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

They have a red flag system on the beach so you can raise the flag anytime you want anything. Being very English we found this a bit difficult to get used to as we didn't think it was too much of a bother to get up & get our own drinks but the staff seems genuinely put out if you did this so after a couple of days the flag was used!

The spa was fantastic, staff very professional & we never had one of them trying to sell us extras.

The staff throughout the hotel complex cannot be faulted. Everything was done with a smile & seemingly genuine ones at that. From the lady who makes the omelettes in the morning (very tasty) to the last person you see at night - nothing was too much trouble

The only downside, & this is being picky, is that the spa, gym & exercise rooms are 100 steps up a steepish hill. Even if you are fit this is a daily challenge in the sun but the treatments at the top make the effort worthwhile! On this note I would book treatments for 5pm!

We were there in Sept solo month & if you are thinking of going alone book. Everyone we met was having a whale of a time with the other singles they met. It is very well organised & if I was single I'd be back like a shot!

Nightlife is fairly quiet but as this is a sporty place most people were happy going to bed early to be up for the morning classes. There's normally a band playing

Drinks are all included, even champagne. Also the water is drinkable & they provide you with water bottles to fill up all over the resort. We didn't really use these so much as everywhere you went in the resort had a water station

The clientele is varied. Whilst we were there there were families with grown up children, to singles to couples of all ages.

Def try Tao & have the chocolate pudding! Windows was good but we didn't feel the extra for the taster menu with wine was worth it as the included one was excellent. On our last night we paid extra for the lobster thermidor - try it it's great - also very big so one between 2 would probably suffice. On that note all the food was excellent. We mainly ate in the grill but everything is freshly prepared

Before we went we read on here that people return time & again. We didn't understand why you'd go back to the same place twice. We do now. Bottom line is that a holiday here is not cheap but you certainly get what you pay for & if we can afford to we'd go back again without a 2nd thought. You know you will get a fantastic break. One lady we spoke to was there on her 20th visit!

We also read about people moaning about the trip from the airport to the hotel. The minibus takes about 1hr 20 but it was fine. We were in St Lucia 20 years ago & believe me the roads have improved 10 fold!

They have a pillow menu too - I can thoroughly recommend the 100% goosedown!

So book & have the time of your life!

Room Tip: We had a luxury room (their normal room) & it had everything we needed. We had a slight problem...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been to to LeSport probably 10 times in the last 15 years, so I am well familiar with the resort and its amenities. I have even reviewed it--more positively--before. I obviously like(d) it, or I wouldn't return so often. But I think this trip will be our last--the value has dropped below the price, unfortunately.

The Good: There are still good things about LeSport. The beach service staff are ridiculously helpful and nice, offering everything from cool towels and drinks to cleaning your sunglasses and fetching you a lounge chair from across the site to place just where you want to sit. They even swim drinks out to the floats stationed in the bay now. That's service! The water sports and dive shop staffs are also excellent--gracious, helpful, hard-working, and knowledgeable. The site is beautiful, and the new buildings and pool are lovely. Natasha at the gift shop went far out of her way to help us get a couple of things from town that were out of stock but we needed.

The Bad: Levels of quality are slipping, and have been for some time. The food has leveled off at mediocre--it is not often truly bad, but it is very rarely good. Bread and desserts are dry, dry, dry, and most of the meats are overcooked to near-leather consistency, except for the bacon at breakfast, which is consistently nearly raw, greasy and inedible. The fruit on this trip was lousy--unripe and flavorless or gone bad--and of all thing they serve, I expect fruit in the tropics to be good quality.

The treatments at the Oasis/Wellness center have become very inconsistent, which is annoying. I work in a field that requires the standardization of human performance, and I know it is hard. However, the therapists vary wildly in their efforts and the quality of the treatments now, and not in good ways. On previous visits, you could expect any given experience (a full-body massage, a facial, whatever) to be very similar regardless of who delivered it, but this is no longer the case. My fiance and I routinely climbed down the hill discussing our treatments using words like "half-hearted", "okay", "mediocre", and "meh". That was new, and particularly unwelcome. A big reason I return to LeSport is the daily spa treatment, and they were no longer an attraction on this trip. I except from this opprobrium the 2 paid treatments I had, which were excellent.

LeSport spent a huge amount of money on the new facilities, which are lovely, but there seem to be some persistent physical plant problems that have not been addressed (a lot more on one of them below). While I appreciate a nice clubhouse and a new infinity pool, I am not happy when the drains or the elevators don't work, especially for days on end, or when there are bad mosquitoes for 2 solid weeks, but no fogging to address it. Nearly everyone at the resort was covered in bites and welts--that is not good.

The Ugly: The attitude, particularly of the management staff, was bad. We had two problems on this trip, and neither went well while being resolved. The first was our room not being ready when we arrived. I made our reservations more than 5 months before we arrived. Our travel agent gave the resort our flight number so they knew when we were arriving. There are 2 different resort-associated desks at the UVF airport we had to check in with who could provide alerts that we had, in fact, actually arrived. It is more than an hour's drive from UVF to LeSport, so there was time to prepare even after our arrival on the island. We arrived at LeSport at nearly 5 p.m. Checkout is noon and you have day-spaces for travelers leaving late so that the rooms can be turned. And yet my room was not clean when I arrive? And checking us in next to two other couples whose rooms ARE ready adds insult to injury, particularly when you have "VIP--repeat customer" next to my name at the concierge desk. Seriously? I have been in transit for 12 hours. I do not want to sit around in the office for an indefinite period while you leisurely check in with housekeeping about when it might be done. Watching the shift manager's face when the head housekeeper hung up on her was entertaining (although that lack of communication across departments also did not indicate effective management going on, despite being funny). No, after all that advance warning I expect the room to be clean and prepared when I get there. And it wasn't. And it took what felt like a long time and several people to get it sorted. But it was finally sorted...

Until 6 days later, when the air conditioning quit. In our room. Apparently in our wing/section. Not that I care about how many other people have this issue: that is the resort's problem, not MINE, so stop telling me about it as if it mitigates how I feel. Anyway, it went like this. Afternoon/evening of Day 1 of the great un-AC stretch: me: "Is it warm in here?" Fiance: "Yeah--I'll turn the AC down." Night 1 of the great un-AC stretch: Miserable, too hot to sleep. Day 2: Polite fiance calls the concierge, who says she'll have someone look into it right away. No action, crickets chirp in the silence of the non-response. Night 2: repeat of night 1. Day 3: I (who am not so polite) call hotel operator and request maintenance solution to lack of AC. Maintenance guy shows up within 20 minutes. Uses temperature probe to establish what I told him, that air coming from vent is the same temp as air in room, allowing for fan movement. MG agrees there is issue. He leaves, vowing to "come right back." We never see him again. Night 3: see nights 1 and 2.

Day 4: I take my now quite hostile butt to breakfast. Cook asks if I am sad--I say not sad, I am very, very angry. She asks why, I tell her, she calls her manager, who gets the hotel shift manager to come to my table (I was headed to manager's office after breakfast, so this made things faster but not different). Note, however, that the breakfast short-order cook was the one person in this whole process who seemed to give a damn that we had a problem and actively try to get it solved--that I do appreciate. Anyway, manager and I have a very brisk discussion of the lack of AC in my room. Manager comes to our room after breakfast and ARGUES with me that room is cooler than outdoors (it is, but only because we have kept the curtains closed since beginning of this fiasco, and only by a few degrees). Note that "cooler than outdoors" is not the point--it is VERY HOT outside and the room is VERY HOT minus a few degrees, so HOT. She agrees to go talk to maintenance. I am clear that I will be down in her office to continue our brisk discussion in 20 minutes if she is not back.

She arrives back at minute 18, claims that there is a problem in this wing, a system problem has been found, and it will be fixed by 4 p.m. Fine, say I, but if it is not, I will accept no further excuses and expect a SOLUTION. She agrees. We spend the day, when not outside, in the library where there is AC. At 4 p.m., back to the room--no AC, same as before. I go to office. Manager is (surprise!) not there. We wait. There are numerous offers to send manager to my room. No thanks, I will wait here, assertively and visibly unhappy. Manager arrives, we all troop off to our room. She argues with me--AGAIN--that room is cooling off and the AC air is cold. It isn't; she is full of crap. She calls maintenance on her cell and in ensuing discussion accidentally reveals to us that all rooms are supposed to be 64 degrees F (hah!) and thermostats in rooms are only decorations (this is not a surprise to me, but the look on her face when she realizes what she has said and that we heard it is amusing). She asks us to give it until 6:30 to cool off. We agree. Reprise this same set of scenes at 6:30--it is hot, she argues with me that it is cool, etc. She asks us to wait until after dinner, since room is cooling, she says (it isn't). At 8:30, I arrive in the office, thoroughly enraged and still hot. No AC in my room, of course (the AC in the office is working--it is considerably cooler there than in my room, despite being open-air). Manager is not there, also of course. We sit angrily, saying nothing, for the least comfortable 20 minutes of the other office staff's life. Manager finally arrives (after 3 progressively more anxious calls from other office staff begging her to return and deal with us), claiming she has been to our room along with others in the range and "most of them" including ours, are cool. This is NOT a good thing to say to me at this point. I explain that I am entirely uninterested in her opinion of the room's temperature, and if she likes it, SHE can sleep there. It is HOT in there and we are MOVING--where is she putting us that has AC? Another room? Sandals? I no longer care--but I am not staying in that room any longer. She offers another room, which I wish to verify temperature of before we move. I do, it is cool (probably 20 degrees cooler than our "cool" room we are moving from, and if she thinks this room and the one we are departing are the same temperature, she has some weird sort of temperature-sensing disability), we move. End of far-too-long, unpleasant process--but we spent 4 days of our vacation in an un-air-conditioned room before it got settled.

We had this exact problem (AC died) once before at LeSport. Then, the staff was in our room with a fan within half an hour and we were moved the next day when it was not fixed. No stupid arguments about whether it was cool in there or not. They just dealt with it: graciously, sympathetically, and kindly. And I know that mechanical things break down. It wasn't the failure that made me angry. It was the attitude: the constant carping at me that I was wrong, the room was cool, everyone else was fine, why wouldn't I just go away and shut up, etc. No, I was not wrong, the room was hot, I contracted for AC (among other things) at the many hundreds of dollars per night I was paying and I wanted a SOLUTION, not stories about your problems with other guests. I do not care about the other rooms--I care about MY room. And I expect at a minimum to be treated politely, like a guest with a reasonable request (fix the AC, my room is hot), not a tyrannical, unreasonable lunatic. The resort is not cheap, and I would not have booked in had you advertised it as an un-air-conditioned place. I expected this to get solved. Instead I got a hostile, unpleasant run-around and very little sleep in a hot room for a third of my vacation--not exactly the relaxing, peaceful time I had in mind when I booked the trip.

So the food is mediocre to bad, and the service in the Oasis was meh. But the management's attitude has put it over the top. I don't want to go on vacation anticipating endless arguments over things I should not have to deal with. Next year we'll spend our money somewhere else.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms at the resort are fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sjcd, General Manager at The BodyHoliday, LeSport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We regret to hear about your experience at The BodyHoliday. Your experience with us, as described, is certainly not the light in which we would like our resort to be seen. I apologize for your inconveniences and would like very much to hear from you.

Please email me at stephen@ thebodyholiday.com so that your concerns could be further discussed.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Stephen Husbands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Day 1, so many negatives that may start looking for another hotel for remainder of trip:
1:Room not ready at 5:00pm.
2:No air conditioning in room. Maintenance came to look, not resolved.
3:Shower sprays water all over floor, no door or curtain to prevent this. Shower also does not drain. Took fast shower (in attempt to cool off), water still draining 5 min after done showering.
4:Dinner not good. Service by waitress even worse.
5:Reservations for activities not found. Made activity reservations a month ago & received email confirmation but during check in today, they could not be found.

Very annoying experience for the last month trying to get the correct treatments. Lots if back & forth communication only to get my included treatments straightened out 3 days before arriving. To have the dinner reservations & activities be incorrect & virtually non- exsistant is highly discouraging.

Day 2 had better shine or i I'm off to a new resort!

• Stayed October 2013
sjcd, General Manager at The BodyHoliday, LeSport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We truly apologize that your experience thus far has been less than satisfactory. Your review is certainly not in keeping with the standards that are maintained at our resort.

Please contact me directly at Stephen@thebodyholiday.com or via the concierge team so we can discuss and rectify the situation immediately.

Warm regards,

Stephen Husbands
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Fab resort with fantastic staff! The staff can't do enough for you across the board from house housekeeping to security and bar staff. The snorkelling is unlimited and amazing!! Only real negative is that they're geared up to returnees. Not easy to know where to go even with the map as the boutique is the only building with a sign. Very few clocks too, which make getting to treatments and activities on time a challenge. Oh and we missed the boat trip as we didn't know about it until we saw it come by the bay :-( we were then told it was for returnees which was a bit exclusive. Apparently you can go on the trip if you ask though. Was a fab holiday though so does come recommended, just follow top tips (e.g turns out you can get your room sprayed each night to stop the bites - we found out on the last day).

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jarnac, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

As frequent visitors we obviously like the resort. The 2011 refurbishment has been a great success. It provides comfortable rooms (air conditioned); most have a beautiful view of the bay. Apart from the beach and the bay, for swimming there are 3 very clean pools - for all tastes. The daily spa treatments, which are included are comfortable and you van schedule them in advance of your holiday in order that you can participate in as much or as little of the organised daily activities as you wish.

The staff are pretty friendly and the bars and restaurants are of a high standard.

A recent innovation is an evening tasting menu in the air conditioned buffet. Free with house wine but one is tempted to take one of their wine tasting packages.

We'll be back

Room Tip: Make sure that "ocean view" is in the room description
Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

What can I say, it was just perfect. I was there during the solo traveller month and met many friendly new people. Although September was low season (rain season) it rained 4 times for a maximum of 2 minutes each time, the rest of the time the weather was amazing.

Reasons to love this place:
- food quality & variety are excellent. All fresh stuff, they do not drown everything in sauce to make up for lack of flavour or freshness. Every day a theme menu (e.g. mexican or indian) but always a big choice of healthy options in the main restaurant, my favourite place to eat
- people are polite and considered. Nobody will leave a towel to occupy a beachbed all day while they are away
- variety of nationalities (it is not a one nationality only resort), mainly from UK, US and Canada
- staff is amazing: everybody smiles and stops by for a chat or a joke
- it's incredible the number of activities you can do, from sailing to water skiing, kayaking, tubing, all sorts of classes in the fitness centre, golf and so on, all included
- everything looks new and perfectly clean
- treatments are included but done professionally (which is a surprise when something is included its normally not as good as when you have to pay for it)
- attention to detail, eg: give out freezing cold mini towels on the beach
- the signature chocolate fondant at Tao restaurant is just WOW, I went twice and had it both times
- everything is super organized but flexible (e.g. you can easily change timetable for ur treatment)

I'll be back here and its the first time I say something like this about an infrastructure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!