“Great child free holiday with loads of activities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
London, United Kingdom
“Great child free holiday with loads of activities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great holiday, in fact i've been twice now & would go back again! Fantastic for solo travellers. Staff are excellent, very friendly! Loads of activities, really enjoyed the classes especially 'Stretch' & walks & water sports. 'Body Guards' are fantastic, great personal training! great idea for solo travellers to meet in Bar and have option of sitting at communal table. Fresh juices at the deli bar are really good! Really enjoyed sunset cruise & cocktail party! Tips - 1) get the helicopter and make sure you take small bag with swimmers & change of clothes as delay getting cases. 2) Get an ocean view room, because the cheaper garden rooms really aren't 5 star standard. Other points to note, there is no room service, TV & not all rooms have baths, this was not a problem for me but might be for some. Opportunities for improvement:- 1) would be nice for cocktails at the bar to be made with fresh fruit or even puree rather than synthetic syrup. 2) the occasional caribbean steel band perhaps? 3) Ensure Wifi throughout resort rather than in spots, some we can pretend to be 'working from home' 4) Vichy shower in some of the treatment rooms, & showers in some treatment rooms for more thorough scrub & wrap options?

Room Tip: Ocean View, on a high up floor away from stairway as it will be quieter!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This resort was everything promised! The staff, activities, and atmosphere were amazing! If you love healthy living, adventure, luxury, and gorgeous scenery in the Caribbean with adults only - then this is the place!

Unfortunately, I broke my foot on the property in the middle of our stay. The individual staff members were caring and accommodating, especially David Arenson, who was their guest Shambhala energy therapist. He took the time during dinner one evening to work on my foot as simply a loving and kind gesture. The staff at this resort helped make the overall experience great.

The only disappointment was the management was not concerned at all with my injury that occurred on their property. They did nothing to accommodate my additional needs due to my immobility. For example, I was unable to climb the many steps to the spa for my included spa treatments, so they were foregone. I believe management could take a few lessons from the individual staff members. I was also there celebrating my 50th birthday and nothing special was done or acknowledged by management, even though the travel agent had put in a request to them.

I would give the BodyHoliday 4.5 stars!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sjcd, General Manager at The BodyHoliday, LeSport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at The BodyHoliday.

I am indeed pleased that the staff contributed to an overall amazing experience. I will be sure to thank them for providing the extra care and attention that helped to enhance your time at the resort especially during your injury.

However, it is with great concern that I read about the challenges experienced as a result of your injury; your disappointment specific to that of management is certainly not tantamount to our standards/policies and or culture.

I do apologize for the experience you have described and would like very much to hear from you. Please email me at Stephen@thebodyholiday.com so that this incident can be discussed in greater detail.

Warm regards,

Stephen Husbands
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is the best all inclusive resort we've been to. We stayed there Nov 2012 for 10 nights. (just got round to posting a review). If you like activities then this is the place to go. There's so much to do and it's very well organised. We made the most of the activities... tennis (pro available for lessons), volleyball, spinning, sailing, mountain biking, water skiing, scuba diving (free beach dive), snorkelling, paddle boarding, kayaking, tubing, sea swimming etc. etc. Daley Thomson and Kate Staples (ex Gladiator) were there too providing their Well Fit training programme. The free massages were a plus as it is something we normally wouldn't do and we really enjoyed them too!!

We upgraded to a luxury ocean view room and it as worth it for the view alone. Rooms were clean and large. No TV in room was actually a bonus rather than a negative. Room has free wired internet which I turned into wi-fi using my TP-link nano router :). Games room as free wi-fi.

Food & drink was fantastic.

They have a no tipping policy in the hotel which in one sense is good, but some of the staff work very hard and are ever so friendly. We personally wouldn't have minded tipping as most of the staff really deserved it!

The only negative is it is quite far from the main airport. However, you do get to see a lot of the island on your way to the hotel which is good (providing you're not too tired from the long flight). Going home it feels like a trek though. I would do as some others have recommended and take the chopper transfer for the return (provided it's still light).

Overall, we had a great holiday and will likely return.

Thanks to Mark (since moved on I believe), Guto and their teams.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a luxury ocean view room and it as worth it for the view alone.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the resort to be greeted with a welcome drink and the incredible news that, as honeymooners, we had been upgraded to the penthouse suite! We were shown around by Jeremy who couldn't do more for us. The penthouse is AMAZING! It has it's own spa area with a steam room. A floor to ceiling window with a view of the Caribbean ocean in front of us. The bed, which was probably the comfiest bed I've ever slept in, overlooked the incredible view. You could even order different pillows from the pillow menu! The shower had a privacy screen which when you disabled it, gave you the view of the ocean, as did the huge bath tub. There was a lounge area and bar which was very well stocked and restocked when needed. Jeremy even found us some creme de cassis to make Kir royales! One evening we had a sunset platter on the balcony with sparkling wine and on our penultimate night, they brought the restaurant to us and we had a 3 course meal.
The resort itself is fabulous. Three pools, with exquisite poolside service. Raise a red flag and someone would be over in a minute to take your order. Pimms was brought round usually twice a day and ice cold flannels.
My husband was a lot more active than me! The treatments included every day were brilliant and were in the oasis which after a little climb meant you could overlook the resort.
Perhaps my favourite part of the experience though was the food. Carriblue was our fave. Breakfast included every thing you could possibly imagine including freshly made pancakes and omelettes cooked to order. Lunch was equally impressive. It was easy to eat healthily and we loved how each day they changed the hot buffet food. The cold buffet food was healthy food at its best. Dinner was again excellent and the presentation of food was impressive.
Our stay from start to finish was heavenly. Pure relaxation and luxury. Hopefully we will be luck enough to visit again one day. In the meantime, cheers Bodyholiday. You made our honeymoon the best holiday we will ever have!!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our second trip to the resort and it was as good as the first. The hotel was clearly very full this time but there were always sun-beds to spare, as well as plenty of room around the two pools.

- Rooms: The garden rooms are dark but perfectly comfortable and clean, with air conditioning which is cooling without being over-powering.
- Food: The food is very good and carefully prepared (we were allowed to see the kitchens which appeared clean and there is an on-site bakery for the multitude of breads and pastries). The Cariblue restaurant offers a la carte dining, but we had most meals at the buffet which is always good quality, although I would like to see more fresh vegetables at lunch and in the evening. I would recommend eating at Windows (taster menus, but very filling) and at the excellent Tao where if you want to splash out, they will sabre your champagne bottle for you.
- Activities: The activities are numerous and we benefited from the presence of visiting experts Amanda for yoga and Dean for some exhausting group workouts with a serious sense of humour thrown in. The gym is well equipped (although a TRX and pull-up machine would be welcome additions...).
- Other guests: The sense of community at the resort is extraordinary and it is particularly suitable for solo travellers of all ages, and the mix of American, Canadian and predominantly UK guests works perfectly, in my view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

this is a wonderful place whether you want to have non-stop activity or chill on the beach.i've been to other resorts that claim to be activity holidays but this is the real deal you can do it all all the time every watersport/activity is on offer all day almost all at no extra charge.the spa centre"oasis"is in a league of its own the all inclusive daily treatments were heavenly & the oasis is probably the most beautiful relaxing place i've ever been to.the all inclusive food is amazing & you canbe ultra healthy to ultra indulgent as the fancy takes you,i was champagne &indulge all the way

Room Tip: water front was divine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Burnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The BodyHoliday has to be one of the best resorts I’ve ever stayed at. This was my first visit and I was surprised at the number of people who were on 3rd, 4th (or more!) visit.

The staff were genuinely friendly, offered outstanding service and made you feel comfortable and at home from the very beginning. The resort also offers great value for money with the all inclusive beauty treatments that you can book before you fly out. There was also a great range of activities to keep you busy. I stayed for a week but this was enough for the Bodyholiday to work its magic and I left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated and I would definitely like to stay longer next time. I am not in the habit of returning to the same resort but this is a special place.
I stayed in one of the garden rooms so I did not have a view of the sea but there is so much to do that you do not spend any time in your room anyway. I did appreciate the turn down service with tea and biccies before bed!
The food was great especially at Tao, but my favourite was Cariblue Windows where the food was exceptional, you need to book for both. There are communal tables for single travellers which is a great way to meet others and everyone was so friendly.
I did 3 excursions including the Piton climb for which you do need a HIGH level of fitness and it was nice to see some of the island.

If I had to pick out a few opportunities for improvement then I would say that the DJ nights in the club house did not seem to be as popular as the different bands that had everyone dancing.
I felt that the cost of the excursions was very high considering that the cost of lunch was not included.
There are a LOT of activities to choose from, so I would ask for the list of activities before you fly out, especially of you plan to do any of the excursions. That way you can ensure that you can fit everything in especially if you are only there for the week.

Overall, this is a resort that offers an exceptionally high level of customer service and everything that you could possibly need to have a memorable holiday!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!