“Not a thing to complain about” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

Save Saved
You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in Castries
London, United Kingdom
“Not a thing to complain about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Having been recommended to this hotel by my mother I was a little sceptical, assuming that we surely couldn't both enjoy the same type of holiday. How wrong I was. My girlfriend and I are in our mid 40's, my mother in her mid 70's (she travels as a single) and we simply cannot find a single point of complaint, from the moment you arrive the staff are friendly, attentive and excellent. The food is excellent in choice and quality. The range of activities is extensive and the instructors are top rate professionals. We stayed for 1 week, could we have stayed longer? yes absolutely but it was also a good a length of time to stay at this excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Strange as it may sound, we booked the Deluxe Ocean View and it does what it says on the tin with a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1,461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Usually I avoid all-in holidays, but here the concept really works! There are plenty of activities included, in addition to being pampered in daily spa treatments - and the quality of the food exceeded my expectations by far. After the first day it already became clear, why LeSport has so many happy repeat guests: the service and enthusiasm of most of the staff (despite their no-tipping policy!) makes it very special.

Do book your spa treatments well in advance via their website, if you don't want to climb up the hill during the midday heat. The treatment rooms itself do not have individual shower facilities, but there is a pool.

Even before attending any classes, you'll get some exercise from climbing up the many stairs to the spa/gym/fitness room or even to the valley for other sports (most often heard complaint at the bar). But it's fun to join in and try some new things - the BodyGuards (=fitness instructors) are fabulous and make it fun, even if you're not a natural athlete.

Many activities you can just join on the spur of the moment, without reservation - just what I like on a relaxing holiday. If you want to make the most of the day: starting at 7am with the delightful Tai Chi or the more energetic walks/hikes uphill before it gets too hot. Especially on weekends, where the number of activities on offer seems to be reduced, some of the classes (Stretching, Aqua) can get very crowded (LeSport is not imposing any limit to number of attendees).
If you are planning to join Aqua (it's great fun), do pack sun-protecting clothing (T-Shirt or light wet suit) - in the pool the sun at 11am burns really strongly mostly on your right shoulder!

I did not get around to try any watersports, as the jellyfish warning flag was up for 1 1/2 days, but there were so many other things to do anyway. Tried archery for the very first time and had lots of fun thanks to the very patient instructors.

The beach is not big, but arriving around 10am after morning activities I never had a problem finding a chair in the shade without reserving it earlier (as unfortunately many people do).
The hotel is spraying for insects 2 x week - I did not see any mosquitoes, but discovered some bites on my left leg, probably sandflies.

As mentioned food is excellent with many options available throughout the day. Due to jet-lag I preferred early dinners: the pavilion/clubhouse self-service was ideal for me, as well as the 7pm settings in Windows (gourmet tasting menu with 9 delicious bit-size courses) and Tao (reservations required).
The communal dinner table(s) at Cariblue restaurant - hosted by BodyGuards to accommodate meeting fellow single travelers - did not work for me. In fact it turned out to be the only disappointment of the week, with a very slow service. Anyway, by that time I already had met quite a few nice guests during other activities.

Just regret not having booked more than 6 days - there would have been so much more to enjoy and I was really sorry to leave so soon.

The long bus/car transfer (~90 min with traffic jam in Castries) gives you a bit of tour of the island (but for view of the Pitons you'll have to book the helicopter). The road is good, but winding, so don't sit in the back of the mini-bus if you tend to get motion-sick! A private car (OW $98) is more comfortable, but the shared bus service (~$26) was well organized too.

Room Tip: Single Garden View rooms and their bathrooms are small, but the accommodation is not the main reason...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fareham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a widow it is always a bit of a lottery when booking a holiday but no worries here. At LeSport I met up with other single people and had a great holiday, so much so I shall return next year. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. Daily spa treatments were excellent and thoroughly recommend LeSport.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for a sea view. I had a garden room and got room envy when I saw some of th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our family of five recently stayed at the BodyHoliday LeSport. We all loved it as it has something for everybody. World class spa, wonderful beach (although not your typical endless beach you get elsewhere), great gym/spinning, and excellent food and drink. Staff were all very friendly and enjoyed interacting with their guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hitchin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been going to le Sport for several years and this year was the best I've had there. Excellent food, friendly and enthusiastic staff, perfect weather and an ideal place for single travellers. I'm happy to recommend le Sport to anyone - there's so much to do if you want to, a great beach if you don't and the people watching is second to none!

Well done le Sport - keep it up.

Room Tip: Single rooms can be a little dark, so try to upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Detailed trip report for The Bodyholiday St Lucia

Fight booked on Air Transat leaving Montreal early morning March 10.
Fight was on time, arriving in St Lucia just after 1 pm. Long winding road trip to the resort (90 + minutes). As others have reported, you can take the helicopter ride, which got rave reviews from those who took it. It is only about a 12 minute ride and if you get motion sickness you might want to put it into your budget. The ride takes you over the Pitons which alone are worth the trip to St Lucia.

The welcome centre had lime drinks for us and cold cloths and we were taken to our rooms. A note in our hotel package reminded us that it is a non-tipping resort and provided details about events such as dinner at Tao and spa treatments. Note: All reservations other than the spa bookings are to be confirmed 24 hours beforehand.

Clientele: Mainly Canadian and British citizens, most in their 50's, some older, some younger! A very friendly group the week I was there.

Room: We had booked the Luxury ocean front room, which was very comfortable, clean and although not really an ocean view (palm trees in the way), you could still hear the crashing of the waves. Amenities included bathrobes and slippers, good quality hair and Ren bath products, blow dryer (the screeching kind that requires you to keep your finger pushing down on a button to make it work), ironing board, iron and a large umbrella, which we had the pleasure not to use. The bed was very comfortable, the air conditioning whisper quiet. There were two lovely fresh flower arrangements in the room and we were also given two personal sport water bottles (which we forgot to bring home!)The water is potable and there is no need to ask for bottled water. The small deck had two chairs and a rack to put your wet bathing suits on. Room service was amazing, the housekeepers came by early evening with turndown service, delivering a teapot and an herbal tea, along with a small a treat. (Note: if you aren't going to eat the treat put it in the fridge as there are tiny little sugar ants that have the ability to squeeze under the tight Saran Wrap!).
The bathroom was gorgeous with separate toilet and shower areas behind frosted glass. The shower has the option of large overhead spray or four water jets or both. There is also a lighted magnifying mirror. There is lots of storage and there is also a small sound system with a docking station for the older model iPhones (not iPhone 5).
The fridge was equipped with a bottle of Frexinet and if you ask they will bring a bottle of wine or pop to your room.

Beach: the beautiful sandy beach took a serious beating during our first two days. The waves were high (red flag) and it eroded the beach, in some places leaving drop offs of three feet or more. This also meant that for the first few days we were unable to do any water sports, which was unfortunate. As with other resorts, there is always the problem of not enough shade. Although management included a letter asking guests not to mark a chair as theirs when they were not being used, it was a constant battle to get to the beach to get a spot with an umbrella. As many of the guests were up at sunrise to partake in the various activities (far too many to mention) you can guess that the chairs were taken by 8 am. We found that closer to the water sports we had better luck, so that became our routine. Always more umbrellas needed! Towels were plentiful and often replaced with fresh ones if you headed to grab a bite to eat or to take a dip in the ocean. Sand was also swept off chairs from time to time.
With so many activities it meant that that Hobie Cats, kayaks, standup paddling boards, windsurfers, snorkeling gear were always available.
The equipment is all in excellent shape, the sailing fabulous and one day we even saw whales breaching from the beach. The snorkeling at the far end of the beach was very good, lots of variety of fish species, corals and sea urchins. I spoke to someone who said that they thought that the snorkeling was just as good off the beach as the trip to the Pitons, although she felt that the boat ride and scenery was the main focus of that trip. I was amused to see the sign change from Piton snorkeling trip to whale watching and snorkeling after the whale sighting. The water sports team did a wonderful job helping people get back to shore safely over the breakers. Always friendly and smiling these young men were my favourite.
Drinks on the beach were delivered with a smile. Not once did I wait more than 30 seconds after raising the red flag provided to have my order taken. The Oasis Mamma (banana and coconut rum) was my fav, my partner became a fan of the Chairman's Ginger. Later in the week we discovered the mango daiquiri, which was a deliciously refreshing change.
At the end of the day people congregated on the deck of the clubhouse to take in the beautiful sunsets, clicking away with their cameras and phones.
There are biting sand fleas/flies on the beach, not uncommon to any location, and it was obvious from looking around that I was not the only one suffering from itchy legs. I would recommend bug spray next time.

Activities: The daily list of activities was extensive. If you are not an early bird you would miss out on the best activities (scenic walks, tai chi, morning stretch, yoga etc). I read the list daily, but didn't manage to join in on any of the classes! I did have great intentions, however when we arrived I just wanted to sleep and on the third day we headed for the soft adventure trip to hike the Gros Piton. A word of caution here ... This is NOT a hike in the Gatineau Park! This is a serious climb and only for those of the highest fitness level. My partner and I managed to make if to the half way point, and although I felt physically strong enough to finish, the heat, humidity and a carryover of the nauseous feeling I had from the 90 minute drive got to me. Everyone was soaking wet with sweat at the half way point. We were warned that the climb becomes much more difficult for the second half, so knowing our limitations we rested there, enjoyed the beautiful view of the Petit Piton and made the return trip with our amazing guide Lucianos, a resident of the small village at the base of the mountain. ( a three times a week skate skier, I felt that I had the "goods" to do the climb,) Guess I will have to go back!
We did use the fitness centre and the equipment was all shiny and new, the room spotless!

Food: breakfast ... An excellent selection of fresh fruit, cold cuts, juices, omlettes, hot cereal, cheeses, smoked salmon and amazing pain au chocolat!
Served in the Cariblue restaurant the morning staff were not the same happy folks that were there in the evening! Not all, but a majority of sourpusses, despite our please and thank yous.
Mid morning we headed over to the juice bar for a super antioxidant drink. Lots of choices of fruit and vegetable juices, freshly prepared and snacks that were hard to resist (like fudge, cookies and carrot cake)!
Lunch we ate mainly at the Cariblue. A fabulous salad bar with everything from wanake (my new fav!) to a great variety of sprouts, nuts, hummus with always an option of grilled fish, curries, rice and the most fabulous desserts. I became a fan of anything with vanilla sauce on it ( cobbler, banana cake ...yum)
Dinner again was mainly atthe Cariblue. Only one evening it was a buffet, other times a choice of appetizers, mains and desserts. I never had trouble selecting something that was well-prepared, although the fish was often over cooked. The wine was a choice of Chardonnay (Stone Cellar), Sauvignon Blanc (Santa Carolina), Cabernet Sauvignon (Carmen), Shiraz (Las Moras) or rose (Masi). If none of those is good enough for you, other bottles could be purchased. Specialty coffees included in the menu as well.
Monday was my birthday, so we booked the Tao restaurant ahead of our arrival and they replied that they had a choice of three birthday cakes. A lovely touch to my special day, and a fabulous meal as well.

Spa: Once you have booked your vacation you should go online to book your spa treatments. The prime time of 4 or 5 pm fill up quickly so if you leave it until the last minute you will be scheduled for the morning. I had three full body massages, a lime ginger scrub, an aloe vera wrap and a facial. All were good, although I got a little bored with the full body massage which was identical from therapist to therapist, right down to their script.

Friday night sunset boat cruise: about sixty guests were driven to Rodney Bay to board a large catamaran for a trip back in front of the resort, around
Pigeon Island. Lots of mingling, loud music and snacks, and of course a spectacular sunset. A good opportunity to meet with management (also at the Managers cocktail party) who were readily available to chat.

A note of caution: there are many steps (80) to the wellness centre and a lot of small steps around the resort. Make sure you mind your step as there were several small accidents (and one serious one), but really ... Look where you are going!
Security guards were quietly evident along the hallways to the rooms, providing that extra sense of security. There is also a small safe in you room, however I often left things out and had no concerns.

Overall a fabulous week, not a drop of rain until the bus ride to the airport, oh and did I forget to mention that this is a non smoking resort? For the first time I didn't have to make sure that I was downwind from a smoker!.
This resort has accolades galore and for good reason; a perfect formula for relaxation, good food and activities. We will return, as have many of the guests we met.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here on business last summer. The area is beautiful with lots of greens and trees that really makes the atmoshere of the resort. At first, i thought the "no tv in rooms" policy would drive me crazy as i love my sports, but after the first night i didn't even notice there wasn't one. This place is to not only relax your body, but mind. The staff are amazing and really helpful. The burgers at the grill were mouthwatering. Lots of activities planned, so if you're into health and fitness, this is the ULTIMATE place. Plus, St Lucia is an amazing island and the people and culture cannot be matched!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!