Having spent 22 years in the tourism industry, I must say this property far exceeded our expectations for our family (two adults; two teens; and 70 yr old grandma). We booked three rooms and were so glad we did. We will do the same next time, because we will definitely return to this gem of a resort. Highlights:
* Amazing, attentive, warm and courteous staff. They were all so lovely and so proud to be working for the hotel.
* Never having to reserve a lounge chair with a towel by 7am by the pool or beach! This was a big plus having spent years at other Caribbean resorts.
* Understated luxury on a magnifcent crescent-shaped beach-front location. The entire resort was immaculate and so peaceful! It never felt full except at a few dinners around 8 pm when it was more busy than hectic.
* Few Americans; we loved spending time with so many international guests, mainly from the UK and Canada. We truly felt like we were away on vacation.
* So many planned activities, we had too many from which to choose and wanted to take it all in. We wound up getting 6:15 am wake up calls EVERY day to take advantage of the activities, which started at 6:45 am. Watching my teens do 6:45 am fitness on the beach and loving it -- suicide on the sand as my son renamed it -- was priceless.
* A team of dedicated professionals from water sports to fitness to spa who were experienced, encouraged learning among novices and welcomed veterans alike.
* Flags next to lounge chairs which guests raise whenever they wanted to request a beverage.
* Hot tub with a birds-eye view of neighboring islands and the beach.
* Daily pink and white peddaled ice cream cart (with the yummy home-made kind) around tea time which in itself was delicious.
* A vast array of smoothies and sandwiches at the deli every day. Food in the restaurants was also good and there was always something different to choose from even when only a buffet was offered. I would not say that the food was fantastic, but it was good and it was always super fresh. The breakfast can be a little mundane after several days, and we had wished there were fresh berries instead of the daily fruit selection. But there was always so much food, we just enjoyed other items.
* Labeled food items for allergies, nutrition content and more. So helpful and so informative! We all appreciated this with our specific dietary preferences and concerns.
* Ability to pre-book spa services prior to arrival. Requesting the same therapist, however, was not honored. The spa is a well-oiled machine and earns its name 'Oasis.'
We've never been to a resort where so many of the guests had becoming for decades and for weeks at a time no less. This is testament to the calibre of the staff, the internal operations and the true beauty of the place. No two days were the same unless you want them to be.
The only big disappointment was the size of the guest rooms. By US standards in particular, they are very small. At check-in, we were overwhelmed walking into the guest rooms with all our luggage and realtively little room to open up a suitcase or store it. This was a short-lived disappointment; however, because there was indeed a place for everything once we unpacked, and we were hardly ever in the room. The resort has an activity or program for everyone so you're as busy as you want to be.
Plan your budget accordingly to include airport transfers to the property -- for the five of us with tip I think it exceeded $275 each way by taxi which we arranged through the resort ahead of time. Also, while it's an all-inclusive resort, wine at dinner is extra, but select wine is complimentary at the bar. As far as alcohol goes, Absolut for instance was included, but premium vodka was extra. Same with a couple of other activities like a fishing excursion.
When can we go back!!!????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jetsetter, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries