“Complete relaxation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

Save Saved
You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in Castries
birmingham
“Complete relaxation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Travelled with my partner for two weeks of well overdue r and r.
First time at this hotel and what a thoroughly positive experience
From welcome to departure we were both treated as special guests and a big thank you goes out to all the staff and management for making our holiday a memorable event
The treatments were a delight even though the climb to the wellness centre sometimes seemed an adventure in itself in the tremendous heat.
I loved the idea I could be as active or lazy as I wanted to be and the fact that when I did take on an activity it seemed that the staff were well versed and trained.
Food was above average with a special mention for the deli where most of my lunches were taken.
Room was clean and spacious with a gorgeous view and was well maintained throughout the stay. We had one issue with the bathroom whilst we were there and this was sorted without fuss and immediately
Concierge was efficient and helpful and all staff were friendly and seemed to genuinely to care about the guests. A special shout out for Chantelle in the piano bar
My only complaint was the variable service in the cariblue bar which ranged from superb to ordinary and this is why I can only give 4stars.
Anybody who wants a good totally relaxing stay at a superb venue in a lovely part of the world could do a lot worse than stay here.
PS anybody who travels solo or is bit reserved will find that due to the hotel layout,new friends will be easily found----- never before have we as a couple made so many friends in such a short space of time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just back from a week at Le Sport.. 4th time here, 1st time since the refurb and am already thinking when to go back next year! Can safely say this is the only hotel i would ever consider coming back to time after time for my holidays.. But it does it so well! All imclusive as much as you want to do or do nothing at all. I went on my own for this time and was never alone.. I met a new lovely group of friends. I enjoyed the inclusive spa treatments and so additional ones i paid for. Minor glitch was my manicure / pedicure which had to be retouched and redone and then 50% refund.. Did not last longer than a day before chipping, then got sand stuck in toes despite avoiding the beach for a day. Sunscreen, mossie repellent, beach and pool clearly do not agree with their products

I was upgraded to a luxury room instead of a garden room which was very much appreciated. Did a few aqua classes best ones were with keone and gaston. Ome morning walk to pigeon island at 7am. Sailing a couple of times. I paid extra and went horse riding with the International Riding School which was fab as a beginner... Felt really safe and did not fall off.. Unlike someone else who i saw fall off with the other riding school.

Food and drink are good overall. Deli service can either be amazing or very slow even just for a drink can take 20 mins. Cariblue staff can be very efficient or not. Main issue is with time it takes to get from airport to hotel and back.. A long time! Helped by helicopter but for 20 odd miles the long road can take 2 hours with castries traffic!!!

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After visiting for a week in April, I decided to return for 10 days to recharge my batteries before Christmas.
The only downside to my holiday was the fact I was overbooked on the first night and had to change rooms on the second day, therefore unavble to pack. I did expect a little more as a repeat Guest, andthis meant that I was without a room completely from 1000 - 1500 hours on the second day!!
Apart from this once again the food was spectacular at Cariblue, Tao and theDeli. I was always loked after by Joseph in Cariblue and Bernice, Jason and the Tao team were awesome!!
I did the sunset cruise this time and it was a great evening, the snacks and drinks on board were 1st class and the party was underway... unfortunately the party did not continue back at resort, and the pool party didn't take off... I think if some of the staff were invited along from the different departments it would be better.
I went to the Tapas in Cariblue on Friday, and sat up at the chefs table... Beautiful food and setting and only a small number of covers available... Highly recommend!!
The Gym is well maintained and one of the best in a resort hotel I have seen. Although I only do Gym / classes early morning there is a good selection of activities for everyone. Did the Ocean Kayaking on my final morning,with the lovely Kelvin from watersports, Amazing upper body workout, followed by breakfast on the beach. The Kayaking is an extra 35 USD.
The Spa was great, had one bad treatment in 10, Georgianne, Marika and Kirby were my favourites here and Kirby even remembered me from my previous stay.
My favourite part of the holiday as always was my watersports... I learnt to wakeboard this time. The boat drivers especially are top notch... massive thankyou to Eric, Damien, Jervon and Josiah for making so many memories and letting me help out and chat to them on the boat.
I will definitely be returning again... and again... ;)

Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently returned from an 8 night stay at Le Sport. Having visited a similar hotel La Source in Grenada I was keen to compare the two. I was delighted by my experience. The spa was very well organised and the treatments of a high standard. The restaurants served an excellent variety of food. The Cariblue buffet lunches had a very comprehensive choice and catered for unusual diets at lunchtime but at night although the food was lovely it lacked a bit of atmosphere (nothing that a bit of lighting couldn't alter). The Tao restaurant was a real treat everyone wanted to eat there so it was good that the staff booked you in on one night during your stay. For exercise fanatics there was a busy schedule of classes which were popular. I particularly enjoyed the water sports and it madea pleasant surprise not to have to fork out for motorised sports. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The service was excellent. Sunset cruise very worthwhile. It was the little touches that made the stay enjoyable eg the waiter who brought you your drinks while you were on a rubber ring in the sea,the man who came round and cleaned your sunglasses and the jug of Pimms that was served from 11.30 am to people on there sun loungers. The only down side was the single rooms which were on the small side but I understand that the management have plane to add balconies to these in the near future.......and to be quite honest I spent very little time in my room there was so much else to do.Even though the hotel was full I never felt that there were too many people there as the service was just so good.
I can't wait to return next year.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was my second visit to The Body Holiday as a solo traveler and what a holiday it was! What made it even more special was meeting up with other solo travelers I had met in 2011. Le Sport is very special and unique in my opinion because of all it has to offer.

If you are the active type like myself who can't sit still (except for your daily spa treatment), this is the place for you! With regards to SPORTS ACTIVITIES, you can enjoy 7:00 a.m. morning walks or bike rides with beautiful scenic views (as I did...way to start off the day), then off to whatever activities you choose (tennis, archery, golf, gym, yoga, stretching, fencing, zumba, aerobics...i can go on). Typically, my afternoon activities were spent at the beach relaxing as well as enjoying the water activities such as kyaking, tubing, sailing and paddle boarding. Also offered daily was water skiing and windsurfing. At 5:00 p.m. when I wasn't chilling with a cocktail watching fantastic sunsets, one can enjoy a game of volleyball on the beach (as I did several times) . In addition to receiving a weekly schedule upon arrival, there is also an activities board near the Clubhouse to look at if you wish.

With regards to the SPA....simply marvelous! I would suggest you choose your treatments/times for the week(s) in advance of your traveling. Only if necessary, you may change the appointment if given enough notice. I found the spa staff to be very accomodating. One day a group of us chartered the LeSport boat for the day and enjoyed a picnic lunch and snorkeling at the Pitons...fantastic day!! In that instance, the spa treatment was moved to another day no problem.

Of course, choosing to sleep in and enjoy a leisurely breakfast is nice too! The FOOD is great and you will always find something you like, at any time of the day....Kudos to the Chef(s)!!

My ROOM (511) was in the solo wing with garden view. Perfect for my needs. Bed extremely comfy...always a great night sleep! Only there to shower and sleep. Those from the US, be sure to bring a power converter (especially if you prefer to bring your own hair dryer)...i forgot mine!

Every evening at 7:15ish I would meet in the PIANO BAR for a cocktail prior to dinner. Also a lovely way to meet other solos and gather with your friends.

The CLUBHOUSE in the evenings was fun! After dinner, we solo's would mosey over to the Clubhouse and enjoy the stars, music, dancing, ping pong, a game of pool or two or three or more, and of course, each others company.

The staff (especially the staff), the Spa, the wide variety of activities, the people you meet, and the location are what makes The Body Holiday so special and unique! I used to say I would never go back to the same place twice, but I truely found my paradise in St. Lucia at The Body Holiday Le Sport and I will be back for more!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London

What we did:
7 nights, flight with virgin, exec transfers (with tropical travel), all inclusive, we stayed on an ocean front room

Good:
This place has it all.

Activities: we were keen to have a beach holiday for some winter sun but not get too bored. From 7am you can run, swim, cycle and spin! We made use of the classes in the morning, spa and then water sports in the afternoon.

Food: you can pretty much eat non stop from 7am to 930pm. It is all great and you are certainly spoiled for choice. The Tao restaurant was very nice, but equally we enjoyed a mid morning snack or fruit smoothie at the deli

Drink: you can pretty much drink what you wish. we probably didn't make use of the bar, as we were to tired from the day! but the local beer is great.

Staff: we have been to many all inc resorts, but this place has amazing staff. from the personal trainers (body guards), waiting staff to the beach service, honestly they are all so nice, there to make you feel welcome and not pressuring for anything.

Bad: well nothing really. its not cheap, but its worth it. the only thing we would have liked to see more of were the incorporation of the local market stalls, it seems the boutique (air conditioned and run by the hotel) takes centre stage over the local sellers who have to carry all there stock everyday.
the only other thing, was that our room balcony was a bit odd, you could not look over the arch into the sunset and there was a random door, this meant we didn't sit out on our balcony as much as we had hoped. But this wasn't a big issue.

Tips:
You can do as little or as much as you wish - don't get pressured either way.
Turn up to all classes, they are so welcoming and dont mind if you are a few mins late
Get an exec or helicopter transfer
Book early for Tao
Use US dollars and get them before you depart

I always have a travel rule, don't go back to the same place, however this place may break that!

Thank you everyone at le sport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

this place will give you the perfect holiday - you can be as lazy or as busy as suits you but the choices of activities are endless from relaxing yoga to full on fitness, plus a range of watersports. Combined with your daily spa treatment you'll come back completely refreshed. The staff are the real bonus here - every one of them is so friendly and helpful and the team are genuinely out to ensure that everything is done to make your holiday a wonderful experience. the only distraction i had was time thinking about about to plan the next trip back there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!