“Another trip to Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Kent
“Another trip to Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After visiting for a week in April, I decided to return for 10 days to recharge my batteries before Christmas.
The only downside to my holiday was the fact I was overbooked on the first night and had to change rooms on the second day, therefore unavble to pack. I did expect a little more as a repeat Guest, andthis meant that I was without a room completely from 1000 - 1500 hours on the second day!!
Apart from this once again the food was spectacular at Cariblue, Tao and theDeli. I was always loked after by Joseph in Cariblue and Bernice, Jason and the Tao team were awesome!!
I did the sunset cruise this time and it was a great evening, the snacks and drinks on board were 1st class and the party was underway... unfortunately the party did not continue back at resort, and the pool party didn't take off... I think if some of the staff were invited along from the different departments it would be better.
I went to the Tapas in Cariblue on Friday, and sat up at the chefs table... Beautiful food and setting and only a small number of covers available... Highly recommend!!
The Gym is well maintained and one of the best in a resort hotel I have seen. Although I only do Gym / classes early morning there is a good selection of activities for everyone. Did the Ocean Kayaking on my final morning,with the lovely Kelvin from watersports, Amazing upper body workout, followed by breakfast on the beach. The Kayaking is an extra 35 USD.
The Spa was great, had one bad treatment in 10, Georgianne, Marika and Kirby were my favourites here and Kirby even remembered me from my previous stay.
My favourite part of the holiday as always was my watersports... I learnt to wakeboard this time. The boat drivers especially are top notch... massive thankyou to Eric, Damien, Jervon and Josiah for making so many memories and letting me help out and chat to them on the boat.
I will definitely be returning again... and again... ;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently returned from an 8 night stay at Le Sport. Having visited a similar hotel La Source in Grenada I was keen to compare the two. I was delighted by my experience. The spa was very well organised and the treatments of a high standard. The restaurants served an excellent variety of food. The Cariblue buffet lunches had a very comprehensive choice and catered for unusual diets at lunchtime but at night although the food was lovely it lacked a bit of atmosphere (nothing that a bit of lighting couldn't alter). The Tao restaurant was a real treat everyone wanted to eat there so it was good that the staff booked you in on one night during your stay. For exercise fanatics there was a busy schedule of classes which were popular. I particularly enjoyed the water sports and it madea pleasant surprise not to have to fork out for motorised sports. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The service was excellent. Sunset cruise very worthwhile. It was the little touches that made the stay enjoyable eg the waiter who brought you your drinks while you were on a rubber ring in the sea,the man who came round and cleaned your sunglasses and the jug of Pimms that was served from 11.30 am to people on there sun loungers. The only down side was the single rooms which were on the small side but I understand that the management have plane to add balconies to these in the near future.......and to be quite honest I spent very little time in my room there was so much else to do.Even though the hotel was full I never felt that there were too many people there as the service was just so good.
I can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was my second visit to The Body Holiday as a solo traveler and what a holiday it was! What made it even more special was meeting up with other solo travelers I had met in 2011. Le Sport is very special and unique in my opinion because of all it has to offer.

If you are the active type like myself who can't sit still (except for your daily spa treatment), this is the place for you! With regards to SPORTS ACTIVITIES, you can enjoy 7:00 a.m. morning walks or bike rides with beautiful scenic views (as I did...way to start off the day), then off to whatever activities you choose (tennis, archery, golf, gym, yoga, stretching, fencing, zumba, aerobics...i can go on). Typically, my afternoon activities were spent at the beach relaxing as well as enjoying the water activities such as kyaking, tubing, sailing and paddle boarding. Also offered daily was water skiing and windsurfing. At 5:00 p.m. when I wasn't chilling with a cocktail watching fantastic sunsets, one can enjoy a game of volleyball on the beach (as I did several times) . In addition to receiving a weekly schedule upon arrival, there is also an activities board near the Clubhouse to look at if you wish.

With regards to the SPA....simply marvelous! I would suggest you choose your treatments/times for the week(s) in advance of your traveling. Only if necessary, you may change the appointment if given enough notice. I found the spa staff to be very accomodating. One day a group of us chartered the LeSport boat for the day and enjoyed a picnic lunch and snorkeling at the Pitons...fantastic day!! In that instance, the spa treatment was moved to another day no problem.

Of course, choosing to sleep in and enjoy a leisurely breakfast is nice too! The FOOD is great and you will always find something you like, at any time of the day....Kudos to the Chef(s)!!

My ROOM (511) was in the solo wing with garden view. Perfect for my needs. Bed extremely comfy...always a great night sleep! Only there to shower and sleep. Those from the US, be sure to bring a power converter (especially if you prefer to bring your own hair dryer)...i forgot mine!

Every evening at 7:15ish I would meet in the PIANO BAR for a cocktail prior to dinner. Also a lovely way to meet other solos and gather with your friends.

The CLUBHOUSE in the evenings was fun! After dinner, we solo's would mosey over to the Clubhouse and enjoy the stars, music, dancing, ping pong, a game of pool or two or three or more, and of course, each others company.

The staff (especially the staff), the Spa, the wide variety of activities, the people you meet, and the location are what makes The Body Holiday so special and unique! I used to say I would never go back to the same place twice, but I truely found my paradise in St. Lucia at The Body Holiday Le Sport and I will be back for more!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London

What we did:
7 nights, flight with virgin, exec transfers (with tropical travel), all inclusive, we stayed on an ocean front room

Good:
This place has it all.

Activities: we were keen to have a beach holiday for some winter sun but not get too bored. From 7am you can run, swim, cycle and spin! We made use of the classes in the morning, spa and then water sports in the afternoon.

Food: you can pretty much eat non stop from 7am to 930pm. It is all great and you are certainly spoiled for choice. The Tao restaurant was very nice, but equally we enjoyed a mid morning snack or fruit smoothie at the deli

Drink: you can pretty much drink what you wish. we probably didn't make use of the bar, as we were to tired from the day! but the local beer is great.

Staff: we have been to many all inc resorts, but this place has amazing staff. from the personal trainers (body guards), waiting staff to the beach service, honestly they are all so nice, there to make you feel welcome and not pressuring for anything.

Bad: well nothing really. its not cheap, but its worth it. the only thing we would have liked to see more of were the incorporation of the local market stalls, it seems the boutique (air conditioned and run by the hotel) takes centre stage over the local sellers who have to carry all there stock everyday.
the only other thing, was that our room balcony was a bit odd, you could not look over the arch into the sunset and there was a random door, this meant we didn't sit out on our balcony as much as we had hoped. But this wasn't a big issue.

Tips:
You can do as little or as much as you wish - don't get pressured either way.
Turn up to all classes, they are so welcoming and dont mind if you are a few mins late
Get an exec or helicopter transfer
Book early for Tao
Use US dollars and get them before you depart

I always have a travel rule, don't go back to the same place, however this place may break that!

Thank you everyone at le sport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

this place will give you the perfect holiday - you can be as lazy or as busy as suits you but the choices of activities are endless from relaxing yoga to full on fitness, plus a range of watersports. Combined with your daily spa treatment you'll come back completely refreshed. The staff are the real bonus here - every one of them is so friendly and helpful and the team are genuinely out to ensure that everything is done to make your holiday a wonderful experience. the only distraction i had was time thinking about about to plan the next trip back there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have just returned from a 7 night stay at Le Sport in St Lucia, where do I start?
Absolutely fabulous experience. The hotel is an hour an a half from the airport (by taxi or shared mini bus) however for the return journey I took a helicopter, costs a little more but it's just a 10 minute ride and a great way to see the island.
The location is stunning, set in beautiful grounds. I had an ocean view room on the ground floor and it was great to sit on my balcony and take in the view.
Each morning (before it got too hot) I joined the well fit retreat boot camp by the beach for my work out, it was led by the great double act of Daley and Kate. There were a group of us ranging from the super fit to the completely unfit (myself!)however they adapted the sessions to suit people with different fitness abilities. I have to say the 60 to 90 minute sessions went by in a flash. Daley even gave us an impromptu extra session in the gym one evening and really showed what you can achieve in just 30 minutes.
When Daley states "lets move to the chairs" do not think for one moment it is for a quick rest, you will have to experience it for yourselves but let me say it will awaken muscles in your bottom you never knew existed.
After the workout we would all breakfast together, you can go for the extremely healthy or not so healthy but everything is freshly prepared. Kate (Staples) also gave a great session on nutrition, who couldn't help but take advise from someone with a body to die for but who still eats.
The bootcamp incurs an extra charge but I would gladly pay double to be trained by a double Olympic Gold Medalist and a Gladiator!

You can do and eat and drink as little or as much as you like during your stay. Each day there are a whole range of fitness classes and water sports as well as a free spa session or why not borrow a bike and ride round to Pigeon bay? There are a great choice of restaurants and the food is delicious.

My only criticism would be that the hotel seemed not to acknowledge the boot camp, I had to go out of my way to ask about it and had been there 5 days before a very small blackboard appeared advertising it, so if the hotel doesn't get their act together, take the initiative and speak to reception or Daley and Kate directly and secondly I could not connect to the wifi on my mac although iphones and ipads had no problem.
I will return - if not in March for their next boot camp then definitely next October/November maybe I'll even do the whole 2 weeks next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

It was my second visit to Le Sport but the first since the refurbishment.
I went with my two adult batchelor sons and it worked superbly.
We had so much choice of activities - yoga and aquafit for me - water skiing, challenging open-water swimming for my sons plus sailing for us all.
The food was superb - one dinner at the Tao was special - and the staff just great everywhere.The resort was well cared for and the rooms spotless. Even the washrooms and shower adjacent to the beach were always very clean. The therapists who gave us our daily treatments were really professional and caring. A sunset catamaran trip was a highlight and great fun.IThis is a resort where honeymooners can find it romantic, young professionals can chill out and have fun in the evening and older guests like me can be spoilt for choice and never bored. We were there in early November and had only one day's rain which means trying another activity or swimming in the sea in the rain! Sea swimming there is really great - no big rocks or nasties underfoot.

Room Tip: Doubles all seem lovely but singles are a little dark