This was my second visit to The Body Holiday as a solo traveler and what a holiday it was! What made it even more special was meeting up with other solo travelers I had met in 2011. Le Sport is very special and unique in my opinion because of all it has to offer.
If you are the active type like myself who can't sit still (except for your daily spa treatment), this is the place for you! With regards to SPORTS ACTIVITIES, you can enjoy 7:00 a.m. morning walks or bike rides with beautiful scenic views (as I did...way to start off the day), then off to whatever activities you choose (tennis, archery, golf, gym, yoga, stretching, fencing, zumba, aerobics...i can go on). Typically, my afternoon activities were spent at the beach relaxing as well as enjoying the water activities such as kyaking, tubing, sailing and paddle boarding. Also offered daily was water skiing and windsurfing. At 5:00 p.m. when I wasn't chilling with a cocktail watching fantastic sunsets, one can enjoy a game of volleyball on the beach (as I did several times) . In addition to receiving a weekly schedule upon arrival, there is also an activities board near the Clubhouse to look at if you wish.
With regards to the SPA....simply marvelous! I would suggest you choose your treatments/times for the week(s) in advance of your traveling. Only if necessary, you may change the appointment if given enough notice. I found the spa staff to be very accomodating. One day a group of us chartered the LeSport boat for the day and enjoyed a picnic lunch and snorkeling at the Pitons...fantastic day!! In that instance, the spa treatment was moved to another day no problem.
Of course, choosing to sleep in and enjoy a leisurely breakfast is nice too! The FOOD is great and you will always find something you like, at any time of the day....Kudos to the Chef(s)!!
My ROOM (511) was in the solo wing with garden view. Perfect for my needs. Bed extremely comfy...always a great night sleep! Only there to shower and sleep. Those from the US, be sure to bring a power converter (especially if you prefer to bring your own hair dryer)...i forgot mine!
Every evening at 7:15ish I would meet in the PIANO BAR for a cocktail prior to dinner. Also a lovely way to meet other solos and gather with your friends.
The CLUBHOUSE in the evenings was fun! After dinner, we solo's would mosey over to the Clubhouse and enjoy the stars, music, dancing, ping pong, a game of pool or two or three or more, and of course, each others company.
The staff (especially the staff), the Spa, the wide variety of activities, the people you meet, and the location are what makes The Body Holiday so special and unique! I used to say I would never go back to the same place twice, but I truely found my paradise in St. Lucia at The Body Holiday Le Sport and I will be back for more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries