I have just returned from a 7 night stay at Le Sport in St Lucia, where do I start?
Absolutely fabulous experience. The hotel is an hour an a half from the airport (by taxi or shared mini bus) however for the return journey I took a helicopter, costs a little more but it's just a 10 minute ride and a great way to see the island.
The location is stunning, set in beautiful grounds. I had an ocean view room on the ground floor and it was great to sit on my balcony and take in the view.
Each morning (before it got too hot) I joined the well fit retreat boot camp by the beach for my work out, it was led by the great double act of Daley and Kate. There were a group of us ranging from the super fit to the completely unfit (myself!)however they adapted the sessions to suit people with different fitness abilities. I have to say the 60 to 90 minute sessions went by in a flash. Daley even gave us an impromptu extra session in the gym one evening and really showed what you can achieve in just 30 minutes.
When Daley states "lets move to the chairs" do not think for one moment it is for a quick rest, you will have to experience it for yourselves but let me say it will awaken muscles in your bottom you never knew existed.
After the workout we would all breakfast together, you can go for the extremely healthy or not so healthy but everything is freshly prepared. Kate (Staples) also gave a great session on nutrition, who couldn't help but take advise from someone with a body to die for but who still eats.
The bootcamp incurs an extra charge but I would gladly pay double to be trained by a double Olympic Gold Medalist and a Gladiator!
You can do and eat and drink as little or as much as you like during your stay. Each day there are a whole range of fitness classes and water sports as well as a free spa session or why not borrow a bike and ride round to Pigeon bay? There are a great choice of restaurants and the food is delicious.
My only criticism would be that the hotel seemed not to acknowledge the boot camp, I had to go out of my way to ask about it and had been there 5 days before a very small blackboard appeared advertising it, so if the hotel doesn't get their act together, take the initiative and speak to reception or Daley and Kate directly and secondly I could not connect to the wifi on my mac although iphones and ipads had no problem.
I will return - if not in March for their next boot camp then definitely next October/November maybe I'll even do the whole 2 weeks next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries