“A little piece of heaven, absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Cork, Ireland
“A little piece of heaven, absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We spent 10 nights here for honeymoon & loved every minute. It is an amazing resort & while we expected it to be really good, we didn't realise just how amazing it would be.

Highlights

Food is amazing, lots of healthy options, everything home cooked daily. There is plenty choice, so no problems with variety. All restaurants are really nice, Tao is lovely for that little bit of extra service.

We loved afternoon tea, really nice time of the evening when the resort winds down, thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the terrace having afternoon tea followed by some sparkling cava while watching the sunset- bliss!!!

The spa is fabulous, the daily inclusive treatments were total heaven. These treatments are full 1 hour treatments with qualified therapists.

The service is exceptional. Every single staff member that we came across was friendly, professional & really went the extra mile for us- they really do know how to treat guests.

Piano bar- we went here every evening for a pre dinner drink & listened to the piano man do his magic, so enjoyable.

One of the main things that we enjoyed about the resort is that it is not too big or too small. There are numerous other all inclusive resorts nearby, with lots more restaurants/ bars / night clubs etc... howeverTheBody Holiday was perfect for us- lots of variety without being too big, but not so small that everyone knows you.

When researching resorts online it can be hard to decide what a resort will really be like when you get there- but trust me this resort is just perfect- no complaints whatsoever & can't wait to return someday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Absolutely above and beyond all our expectations!! We were treated like the most important people in the world! We had an amazing wedding with NO stress. The staff is spectacular, the resort is stunning, the spa is out of this world and the food, ahhhh, the food was divine!!!! I have no negatives to report!! Everything was extravagant and luxurious.... We are definitely spoiled after this vacation! We also had the opportunity to meet the owners of the resort, and they are very down to earth and caring people!! Way to go LeSport.... We will be coming back!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband I went for 10 days for our honeymoon at the beginning of October. A couple of days were a washout because of the rain, but most days the weather was perfect. The journey to the hotel can be very tedious and nauseating because of the mountains (it took us almost 2 hours to get to the hotel from the airport). The airport itself is very vrowded and outdates with long wait lines. However, the resort:

Check-in: Fabulous! Greeted with a drink and escorted straight up to our room without even going to the reception.

Room: Decent size, and nicely done up with towel swans and fresh flowers for us. There were ants on one wall and I was a little annoyed about that, but they didn't venture around the floor, our bed or any of our things so it never bothered us. I wasn't very happy with the lack of a bathtub or that at certain angles the shower would flood the bathroom. But I'm being nit picky. The multiple jets were nice. And really we were rarely in the room or shower. It's clean, not luxurious is the best way to describe it.

Service: Beyond fabulous! Staff don't treat it as a job but make it their own responsibility to go out of their way and get you whatever you want. On the beach, they're there even before you can dig your flag into the sand. Always with a smile and some spunk!

Facilities and activities: Sooooo many activities, and as others have mentioned, you can do as much or as little. My husband did a lot - beach volleyball, water volleyball, archery etc. I lazed on the beach and drank pina coladas. Snorkeling was fun though and we also took the paid snorkeling trip to the pitons (worth it in my opinion). The evening entertainment usually had good bands, but people retire early and it wasn't very lively. The complimentary boat trip was fun - when they got short of rum on the boat, someone from the hotel actually swam up to the boat when it was close to the hotel with bottles of rum! Great customer service I'd say! Be careful in the rains, because outdoor staircases get slippery (staff often stands around to remind you of that) - it's common sense though.

Food: It's sad that it's so hard to get reservations at Tao. But call reception at 7:30 a.m. to book two days in advance, and then go pick up your reservation card from them later. Great food that you won't regret making the extra effort for! Even better service. Grilling station food was pretty good as were the traditional British dishes like scones and cucumber sandwiches for tea. Cariblue was really good for ala carte too. Just one thing I didn't like - the Indian and Thai lunch buffets at Cariblue. They weren't very authentic or good. This was the only unexciting food though throughout our trip. Italian buffet was great. But then if you don't like something, just hop over to the grill for lunch.

Drinks: Well made and generous. Do try the peach martinis - we really enjoyed those. Lots of Pimms punch going around.

Spa: Fabulous treatments and probably the best massages we've ever had (and we've had quite a few). There was just one new girl that we didn't like. Loved the full body, hand and feet (which is more like legs and arms), back and shoulders etc. Hydrotherapy was not for me (you gotta do acrobatics yourself in front of a spray which isn't very relaxing).

We took the chopper ride to the airport on the way back, and it's a good (though expensive) once in a lifetime opportunity - atleast for us.

All things considered, this was the best vacation of our lives! Good food, amazing activities and facilities and the best staff ever.

Room Tip: The views from ocean facing are beautiful Not sure that you actually need oceanfront since it takes...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We loved this holiday. It was our second visit, we were last here in 2007 and were keen to see the results of the refurbishment. It is wonderful.
Simply couldn't fault the food or service.
Spa treatments very good (not quite as good as I've had in the Shangri La's and other hotels of a similar standard in terms of ambience but still ok).
The only reason we haven't given it 5 stars is because the air con could have been better and despite an upgrade the rooms were on the small side. Mosquitos are awful so they also need to up the fog from once a week to daily. Almost everyone we met were affected by them.
In any case, if you are considering booking this holiday just do it. You will not be disappointed. Great for couples, singles and families with older kids.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my first ever solo holiday and I was not disappointed. Although my Virgin Flight was delayed by 24 hours it did not detract from what was a superb holiday. Am very well travelled through business but I booked this retreat on the recommendation of a friend to really unwind.
As an active person I enjoyed archery, windsurfing, kayaking, cycling, spinning, the gym, snorkelling, walking all inclusive in the price. My only extra was a day trip to walk up the Piton Volcanoe ($100) and that was a terrific day out .
I enjoyed the really great food, the daily massage therapies were fantastic and there is just enough space here to have time on your own or be social if you want. Most evenings I enjoyed dinner with a number of people and had a truly relaxing time and even went out to the 'Gros Islet' party night with a number of younger guests some of the staff.
The sunsets are idyllic (watch them from the jacuzzi with a lime dacheri) the service is impeccable. The rooms and facilities are first class.
You'd need to be a pretty negative person to find fault with this place. I'd recommend it for solos, couples or really anyone that enjoys being pampered! A truly relaxing holiday and with the package I bought very, very reasonable.

Room Tip: Double check there is no building work going on near your room as this resort is constantly improvin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I write this as i try go find a comfortable position to lie in bed with an injured coccyx after falling on a wet stairs in the hotel. one can imagine that i had a less than satisfactory trip. The setting Is beautiful if a little contrived. The decor is also lovely. When we arrived the reception staff were in argument with some guest who had some issue regarding water in his room. This may account for their underwhelming reception. That sort of set the tone for the stay some staff really nice .. guys on the beach in charge of water sports ...and others who seem not to care. About 1/4 of the staff were v nice and made you feel welcome and you got the impression that they were proud of their work . The others made you feel like they were serving you and that they did not want to be' it was as if they worked there as they needed to and resented you for it. It is hard to put into words but I felt that I should not be there .
The food: bananas are used in almost every desert, juices are made from concentrate, diet coke comes from tap not bottle /can, meals v repedative, very poor meat cuts. All inclusive wine, only two whites and two reds to chose from and both v poor.

One morning on my way to breakfast I slipped on some wet steps. Thus ruined the rest of my stay as I could do little. What made it worse is that no one gave a damn. When I complained they sent some flowers to my room, the water in which they manged to spill over my papers on the desk and they did not even bother to dry it . The combination of beautiful flower on a wet desk was symbolic of my stay . I have travelled a lot and this is the first time I was glad to be going home.

• Stayed October 2012
South East, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The best just got better! As a major fan of the BodyHoliday as a single traveller down through the years I went with my girlfriend last year and we returned again this October.

The hotels motto is "Give us your body for a week and we'll give you back your Mind" and year on year it never fails to deliver but now that all of last years improvements have bedded in fully they have raised the standard yet again - the selection of classes and spa treatments, quality of the food and the whole resort in general is Better than ever so if you've been before, now is a great time to return and if you haven't been before then what are you waiting for?

Most people have a favourite restaurant that they visit on a regular basis where they are made feel welcome by the staff but at the BodyHoliday every member of staff from reception to the spa, activities to the restaurant staff and scuba to management gives you a warm and genuine welcome which coupled with glorious sunshine, great food and lots of exercise makes for a totally rejuvenating experience.

My only real recommendations are to get up early if you can and do the morning walk or one of the other early activities such as Thai Chi so that you can fully enjoy breakfast, also try and see some of the island - there are some great views from Fort Rodney which is well worth the walk to the top or if you are feeling a little more adventurous I can highly recommend the scuba diving or snorkelling trip to the Pitons as it's a great way to see more of the island and in particular Marigot
Bay. Finally if you are feeling very adventurous then you cannot beat the views from climbing the Pitons or the sense of achievement from reaching the top before visiting the Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens on your way to a well deserved lunch.

Other than that the sunset cruise is always a treat on Fridays and the cocktail party on Wednesdays is a great opportunity to get dressed up and take some photos of the many friends you are bound to make during your stay.

It must be nearly 10 years now since I read a review in the Sunday Times which named the BodyHoliday as the number one singles holiday destination in the World (provided you are not looking for Ibiza) but as time has moved on and the BodyHoliday has kept improving, I still believe there is nowhere better to go if you are single and looking for somewhere special where you'll be looked after, but now that I've found my perfect travel companion we hope to return next year and get married at The BodyHoliday so guess that's our ultimate recommendation as to how special we feel this place is.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!